A Lot Of FB Links Popping Up In Here

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last few days it seems the forums here are being flooded with FB links. Never seen so many here on AzBilliards before. Just an observation and wondering what triggered all of the FB love. Personally, I stopped using FB six or seven years ago because I don't agree with Zuckerberg's privacy policies.

I don't really have anything negative to say about all of these links in the last day or so, other than to ask why now all of a sudden?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because that's what a lot of people use to stream whatever is going on during this virus and social unrest going on.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lot of good pool on facebook.
It's the only reason I have it.
Was sick of missing out.

I posted the link today because I love watching
Niels play and thought others would enjoy it too.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
From what I remember there is only so much you can "see" if you don't have a Facejob account? Never had one, never will. Nor Instasquirt, Snatchchat or Twatter.

Could not care less.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do not understand Facebook, if I had a business, I would invest in a real web-site, if I need to market a product.

I do not do Facebook, when someone uses on Facebook as their marketing too, I think they loose a lot of potential business.

JMHO

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I do not understand Facebook, if I had a business, I would invest in a real web-site, if I need to market a product.

I do not do Facebook, when someone uses on Facebook as their marketing too, I think they loose a lot of potential business.

JMHO

You're correct...you do not understand Facebook. Their reach is huge, anyone wanting to advertise their business and NOT using Facebook is at a major disadvantage in today's world.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JMHO
You are clueless. Have ANY idea how much business is done on FB EVERY day? Something close to 90% of all US marketers use FB. About 45% of on-line shoppers say that FB is a prime influence in buying. Don't think FB is real??? Almost TWO BILLION log-in to FB at least once a day. Still think its "not a real web-site"??

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
There have been a lot of ghost challenges, match ups, etc. streamed on Facebook lately.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you mean posters are sharing facebook links or that there are literally windows opening on your computer that show facebook stuff?

Big difference...

The last few days it seems the forums here are being flooded with FB links. Never seen so many here on AzBilliards before. Just an observation and wondering what triggered all of the FB love. Personally, I stopped using FB six or seven years ago because I don't agree with Zuckerberg's privacy policies.

I don't really have anything negative to say about all of these links in the last day or so, other than to ask why now all of a sudden?

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
A lot of company's, cue makers ETC. no longer have or maintain websites only using Facebook and other social media. I assume quicker, easier, cheaper and larger reach.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

JMHO

Facebook gets more correct demographics hit than most websites.
And it's virtually FREE.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
A lot of company's, cue makers ETC. no longer have or maintain websites only using Facebook and other social media. I assume quicker, easier, cheaper and larger reach.

Yes.
People who have websites go to FB to advertise their websites. :D

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You are clueless. Have ANY idea how much business is done on FB EVERY day? Something close to 90% of all US marketers use FB. About 45% of on-line shoppers say that FB is a prime influence in buying. Don't think FB is real??? Almost TWO BILLION log-in to FB at least once a day. Still think its "not a real web-site"??

And FB keeps reinvesting and diversifying .
Look for them to have a real streaming service in a year or two.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Using Facebook?

"Dumb f*cks" - Mark Zuckerberg 2004

Facebook strives off of 40+ year old people and, that's so widely known that FB bought Instagram. Now that age projections for Instagram are sinking, they tried a digital currency to lock in identity+cash... fail. But FB can just buy that next Instagram when it comes along, or so they hope, because China and Russia won't/can't sell.

Facebook is ancient, the real fight to attend will be between Amazon and Alibaba (I have the popcorn ready).

https://www.theregister.com/2010/05/14/facebook_trust_dumb/