Jackpot Cue

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So who made you God?.

BTW did you actually buy anything from Deanoc, or trade with him Deanoc, or sell to Deanoc?

Actually Deanoc is sort of active, believe he is still posting, and still selling.

Noticed his I-Trader is few more then your.

Many more.:D:D

I just looked through his I-trader. You sold to him but have you bought anything? Then you tell people they can't complain because they haven't bought a Jackpot but you can defend him even if you've never bought anything from him?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who made you God?.

BTW did you actually buy anything from Deanoc, or trade with him Deanoc, or sell to Deanoc?

Actually Deanoc is sort of active, believe he is still posting, and still selling.

Noticed his I-Trader is few more then your.

Many more.:D:D

Koo koo cowboy..... It doesn't matter who bought or sold anything.. Capiche' ??? What matters is how Dean lied. How is that so F'n hard to understand??

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Jackpot should have it's own section.
Might as well.

Or just close all jackpot threads.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jackpot should have it's own section.
Might as well.

Or just close all jackpot threads.

Jack Potter is the only way this saga achieves closure. Otherwise, there will be guys at Deans funeral using Jackpot cues as walking sticks.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Koo koo cowboy..... It doesn't matter who bought or sold anything.. Capiche' ??? What matters is how Dean lied. How is that so F'n hard to understand??

I do not understand people upset who did not buy a Jackpot, but are upset how they were sold.

These Trolls never bought, touched, or hit a flipping ball with a Jackpot. But they know everything there is too know Jackpot Cues.

This is the same BS Tommie1351 went through the with some NO NAME CUES he sold. People wanted to know the maker, Tommie kept the secret, and the two Cuemakers cola rated, who did his project Cues remaind unknown. People who got Tommies Cue loved em, even they did not have the makes, name on them.

Deanoc is guilty of nothing but being a good sales and, and creative writter. Like over 50% of the other sellings who are all good creative writers. Salesmenship 101, no crime, it's a college course.

Why would someone sell their hold Grail Cue? Many reasons, and it could be the Holy Grail Cue. Or thinning inventory, think out collection, or flipping time.

Funny thing is I have not seen anyone who bought a Jackpot directly from Deanoc cry the blues. HawaiianEye can only sign praises about his Jackpot.

Jam got one as a gift from Deanoc for Keith McCready, she came here to tell her story. Thread went to s*** for no reason except it was a Deanoc Jackpot.

Well congratulations trolls you chased Jam away, and we will never know what Keith honestly think of his Jackpot. She indicated he was going to test it out, but thank Trolls, no test drive report.

But I am sure Keith could play better Pool with a Broomstick with LePro Tip then most of the Trolls who spend their live crying about Deanco creative writing, and the Jackpot they never saw, touched, or hit a ball with.

JMHO. If your upset now Tought Taco.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not understand people upset who did not buy a Jackpot, but are upset how they were sold.

These Trolls never bought, touched, or hit a flipping ball with a Jackpot. But they know everything there is too know Jackpot Cues.

This is the same BS Tommie1351 went through the with some NO NAME CUES he sold. People wanted to know the maker, Tommie kept the secret, and the two Cuemakers cola rated, who did his project Cues remaind unknown. People who got Tommies Cue loved em, even they did not have the makes, name on them.

Deanoc is guilty of nothing but being a good sales and, and creative writter. Like over 50% of the other sellings who are all good creative writers. Salesmenship 101, no crime, it's a college course.

Why would someone sell their hold Grail Cue? Many reasons, and it could be the Holy Grail Cue. Or thinning inventory, think out collection, or flipping time.

Funny thing is I have not seen anyone who bought a Jackpot directly from Deanoc cry the blues. HawaiianEye can only sign praises about his Jackpot.

Jam got one as a gift from Deanoc for Keith McCready, she came here to tell her story. Thread went to s*** for no reason except it was a Deanoc Jackpot.

Well congratulations trolls you chased Jam away, and we will never know what Keith honestly think of his Jackpot. She indicated he was going to test it out, but thank Trolls, no test drive report.

But I am sure Keith could play better Pool with a Broomstick with LePro Tip then most of the Trolls who spend their live crying about Deanco creative writing, and the Jackpot they never saw, touched, or hit a ball with.

JMHO. If your upset now Tought Taco.
WTF???? You're delusional. Tommie never told some bullshit lie in order to sell them. Dean did. End of story. Keep defending him you moron. Ignore city here we come.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two and seven shafts.

These cues may become legendary with all the constant discussion of them.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two and seven shafts.

These cues may become legendary with all the constant discussion of them.

Legendary? I don't think so,but maybe I guess. They're still just a $200 Smelke though, right? If you like it that's all that matters.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
Cueblues said it was barely even a cue, :grin-square:

First of all I do have a jackpot cue.

This is for anyone bashing Dean. ..AND ...this is for Eye, coco, and anyone else who defends Dean. ..there are several buyers who were not happy and got a refund. And there are several buyers that are happy with their cue. I think in the beginning Dean had all intentions of having jack help make some cues with a local maker and somewhere along the process everything changed.
Right then and there everyone involved should have been put in the loop and it be made known to them that Jack was no longer going to be hand's on helping with them and a refund given then and the project stopped. I'm not sure at what point Dean was in over his head with the whole thing but I don't think his original intent was to screw anyone, make a few bucks yes ,but screw anyone no. I think he stepped on his dick with this whole thing. Although I would get another cue from Dean, I really do wish he would just say he's sorry for how things went with the whole project , no excuses just an apology to those involved AND like it or not apologize to everyone else for what can only be called very deceptive sales tactics with regards to the Jackpot cues. I'm not asking for anyone to defend him, bash him or feel sorry for him but I will say years ago there was a cuemaker named Kevin Varney, most of you know who I'm talking about, I was involved in some online bashing of him even though I had no skin in the game, didn't own one of his cues and had never ordered one from him. Kevin is gone now and I wish I had never said the things that I did. This is just how I feel about the whole thing.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This guy said it RIGHT. The reason people are mad is because of the deception and the lack of remorse. Lies do not fix the problem.

RIP to Kevin, I am sorry to hear it ended poorly for him.

TFT

This is for anyone bashing Dean. ..AND ...this is for Eye, coco, and anyone else who defends Dean. ..there are several buyers who were not happy and got a refund. And there are several buyers that are happy with their cue. I think in the beginning Dean had all intentions of having jack help make some cues with a local maker and somewhere along the process everything changed.
Right then and there everyone involved should have been put in the loop and it be made known to them that Jack was no longer going to be hand's on helping with them and a refund given then and the project stopped. I'm not sure at what point Dean was in over his head with the whole thing but I don't think his original intent was to screw anyone, make a few bucks yes ,but screw anyone no. I think he stepped on his dick with this whole thing. Although I would get another cue from Dean, I really do wish he would just say he's sorry for how things went with the whole project , no excuses just an apology to those involved AND like it or not apologize to everyone else for what can only be called very deceptive sales tactics with regards to the Jackpot cues. I'm not asking for anyone to defend him, bash him or feel sorry for him but I will say years ago there was a cuemaker named Kevin Varney, most of you know who I'm talking about, I was involved in some online bashing of him even though I had no skin in the game, didn't own one of his cues and had never ordered one from him. Kevin is gone now and I wish I had never said the things that I did. This is just how I feel about the whole thing.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Very good post!

People getting personal with each other, people risking the ban hammer over this, all silly. We can find more worthwhile things to go to war over than Dean and his cue dealings.

Dean claims to be very wealthy, to hobnob with the rich and famous, and infamous. A simple apology without weaseling and a thirty day window for anyone that wants to to be able to return a cue in any reasonable condition and get a full refund including two way shipping might lay this to rest for the most part. Some will never forget, that doesn't mean that jackpot cues has to remain an open sore forever.

Dean can sell any cues returned as what they are, full disclosure, pictures, no games played.

I see people I like and respect on both sides and I would hate to see rifts started over something as weak as Dean's marketing style. I think everyone he tried to market to has a right to be angry. If I catch somebody in the act of stealing from me I am just as angry as if they had succeeded. Dean cast a net at all of us. That makes all of us involved. However sometimes it is time to draw a line under something and say enough. I doubt Dean changes or feels the need to. Most that are aware of the jackpot cue deal will never buy from him again. Should be enough.

Despite Deans beliefs and efforts, his reputation will never be the same. We have forgiven or ignored far worse from others in the pool world. Some of the well respected, some of the best players in the game, have done things that should never be forgiven or forgotten. Yet we focus on their pool achievements and look away from the rest of their lives.

I hope Dean comes back as a story teller, forgets marketing in forums he knows aren't for that, and avoids outright lies in the future. We expect a little used car salesmanship in cue sales but there are lines that can't be crossed.

I came within a hair of kicking somebody's ass a few months ago. They richly deserved it at the time. Then I heard a voice in my head, "Are you going to be pleased about it afterwards?" Hit home hard because the truth was I wouldn't be real pleased with myself looking back on it. The guy is basically a good guy, was acting like an idiot after he got upset about what amounted to nothing. Did I really want to kick his ass over words? I did, but I would have felt good about it for a few hours and embarrassed for years to come.

Sometimes it is better to bury the hatchet, and not in somebody's pointy little head!

Hu

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I for one miss Deans stories. But I’m old enough to have heard of the people he’s talking about yet young enough to appreciate the history and glad I’m not an old fart. Yet.

I just wish this would pass. I always found it interesting that dean would sell cues without pictures and people were always satisfied. So I’m done with this one and moving on. I think we’ve all have used way too much energy on something that costed less than a steak and decent bottle of Cab. If I wasn’t going to catch that 11:00 tide for some snook a bottle of Nickel & Nickel actually sounds good right now. Damn this quarantine has me drinking earlier and earlier.

Hope everyone has a safe Independence Day.

JAM- I hope you two enjoy the new cue.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Wishing for an apology? That's what you think the solution is? First off, you should know by now that Dean is not the type of person to offer apologies.

And second, none of the main antagonists and detractors in this thread want an apology. None of these men are snowflakes and they get way more pleasure out of bashing Dean's head in.

If Dean apologies they lose the thrill of the kill.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Actually, now that I think about it, Dean should apologize but not because hes sorry.
An apology from Dean will pull on the heart strings of the soft hearted friends of Dean and they will rally against the more militant detractors.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy is a SNAKE.... Newest LIE: I am selling my 9' Centennial because I am quitting all of this.... Then I see an ad in the wanted section: "wanted oversized 8 foot centennial in dallas" FULL OF $HIT is what he is.

TFT
"Looking for table with Mark Gregory rails made from Schmelke blanks, and having Hancock assembly". Oh, the diamonds on the table will also be made from the nickels Balabushka melted down for some of his ringwork.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk