Free professional video analysis of your game

JC

Coos Cues
Canadian professional player and instructor Paul Potier is offering a free video analysis for anyone who can upload a video of themselves shooting a rack of balls to you tube and send him the link. Check the coaching program link on his website at www.paulpotier.com for details on how to take advantage of this offer. This is absolutely free with no strings attached. It's a nice opportunity to have your fundamentals analyzed by a professional player and coach at no cost. And how he does it is pretty cool.

The purpose is to promote his online coaching program by demonstrating how nicely today's technology can be used in pool instruction, and at the same time give something back to the pool community.

I am plugging this for him because I believe in it, nothing more. Paul has been helping me play much better using online video and Skype since I met him in person in 2010 by traveling to Canada for lessons at great expense. All things considered, online is WAY less expensive and just as effective. If you're like me and don't have the time to travel but want to bring your game to the next level beyond what watching DVD's and hitting a million balls has accomplished thus far Paul can certainly help you.

Check it out and please report back here with your results and feedback

JC

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
any certain requirements to the game played in that rack? 9-ball, 8-ball, straight pool? Snooker? :p

JC

Coos Cues
any certain requirements to the game played in that rack? 9-ball, 8-ball, straight pool? Snooker? :p

None at all. Paul plays and coaches all those games well. I believe he won the Alberta snooker championship this year.

Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

JC

This is an interesting idea and a great way to settle all the azb grudges and endless unconsummated barking.

Get a pro to say who is the better player. Grand a man, winner takes all.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Sounds awesome.

I wish it were offered at a different time of year, I'm crazy busy right now...and will be for the next 5-6 weeks. (Retail sucks, esp at Christmas time)

I would love to take advantage of this wonderful offer. I hope lots of folks get to try it out. Very cool stuff.

Paul Potier

Registered
Justadub. You may contact me whenever you are not so busy. I will honor this thread's offer to give you a free game analysis anytime you wish to contact me. There have been a few people who have already contacted me from reading this but I have not been overwhelmed as yet. I do have 3 pros that are my students: Eric Hjorleifson(Canada), Joanne Ashton(Canada), and Kyoko Sone(Japan). I would be happy to help anyone who would like to send me a video of themselves playing pool. Check out my web site www.paulpotier.com to find out more.
Enjoy the Process!
Paul Potier

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Justadub. You may contact me whenever you are not so busy. I will honor this thread's offer to give you a free game analysis anytime you wish to contact me. There have been a few people who have already contacted me from reading this but I have not been overwhelmed as yet. I do have 3 pros that are my students: Eric Hjorleifson(Canada), Joanne Ashton(Canada), and Kyoko Sone(Japan). I would be happy to help anyone who would like to send me a video of themselves playing pool. Check out my web site www.paulpotier.com to find out more.
Enjoy the Process!
Paul Potier

That shows a lot of class, Paul.

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Paul. Just wanted to say what a great offer this is! Absolutely gonna try this out. Good luck with this venture!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Enjoy the Process!
Paul Potier
i sent an e mail and a link to videos of me the same day this thread started
as of yet i have not heard anything back
check your pm for the link and my email address
thanks for your generous offer to do this.............:thumbup:

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul looked at my videos, and gave me outstanding advice. His knowledge in both the physical, and mental part of the game was amazing. His ability to break down the thought process, and use an analogy, "The Easter Egg Hunt", makes learning easy.

I recommend Paul's services, and can't wait to take the next step with him.

Robert Martin
Fargo, ND

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Mr Potier, thanks a lot for chiming in! And kudos for the great offer you made to AZB members!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hey Paul, thank you for the generous offer. I am still relatively new to the game but I have been playing almost daily since I started 3 years ago. I think the thing that I struggle with the most right now is pattern play and routes, I more often than not end up hooking myself to stop a run out. I did exactly that 2 games in a row Sunday night during league then finally got a B&R on my 3rd game. Is that something that video coaching can help with?

Paul Potier

Registered
bbb, I promise you I didn't receive your e-mail. That can easily happen when you are trying to send pictures or videos. Try sending it to my other e-mail paulpotier@yahoo.ca Thanks for informing me! I will answer any e-mail that I receive.
Paul Potier

Paul Potier

Registered
fastone371. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what I can see from a video of you playing. The answer is yes, I can definitely help you with position play, strategy, set up, stroke, emotional control, etc. Send me a short video of yourself playing a rack of 8 Ball. Break the balls and take ball in hand, then choose a group and shoot until you miss, then take ball in hand and change groups. Continue doing this until you sink the 8 Ball then shoot the rest of the balls in rotation.
Enjoy the Process!
Paul Potier
www.paulpotier.com

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Potier took a look at a few minutes of my 9ball game and hung up.

Seriously though, very good experience. He has an easy approach and understandable instructions.

I have never taken a lesson, so I really have nothing to compare it to. However, I found the ability to see what he is seeing to be very valuable. Seems like a powerful instruction tool (video conferencing while watching a recorded video).

Paul I appreciate you time, and very generous offer.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an interesting idea and a great way to settle all the azb grudges and endless unconsummated barking.

Get a pro to say who is the better player. Grand a man, winner takes all.

In fact, we could do away with the need to travel to tournaments at all!

Imagine how much success SVB would have in the rest of the world under those situations?

Instead of the pesky flights, hotels and other expenses, simply upload some practise pool from his front room and presto!

Have someone judge him and he could run out the tournament winner!

In fact, lets pursue this further.

If we can get hold of some of Santa's magic dust that allows him to stretch time so he can deliver all the children's presents all over the world all at the same time, we could have one MAHOOSIVE pool tournament with millions of entrants and truly truly find the winner in each discipline!

Definitely get sponsorship too I reckon.

TAXI!