Watches on the bridge hand

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably a silly post, but what the heck...

Wondering what peoples' thoughts are on...watches on the bridge hand of many top pros.

Is this a conscious decision beyond wanting to know what time it is.

Are players hoping the watch weight helps them play?

What company will be coming out with pool watches (of course endorsed by Earl) of ridiculously heavy pool watches that help you stay down???

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The only 2 I recall seeing this from is Shaw and SVB. Don't think it affects either one as the are both pretty good.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Apple Watch was handy at a tournament that used CompuSport. I received the notifications I was assigned a table a lot faster than they announced it on PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
I've worn a watch on my bridge hand (left) since I was 11 years old. I feel naked
without it, whether playing pool or not.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin wears one...and a glove. I had to stop wearing my watch because it rubbed against the band of my glove.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wondering what peoples' thoughts are on...watches on the bridge hand of many top pros.

What company will be coming out with pool watches (of course endorsed by Earl) of ridiculously heavy pool watches that help you stay down???

I wear my platinum 55mm Patek to keep my bridge hand steady.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've worn a watch on my bridge hand (left) since I was 11 years old. I feel naked
without it, whether playing pool or not.

I, too, have worn a watch since a teen and feel naked when I leave home without one.

I wear a CHEAP $25 Casio analog watch when I go to the pool hall. I don't like banging up a "good" watch in the ball return when I'm reaching for balls stuck in the back.

Actually, the Casio is a "good" watch, but CHEAP. I bought it over a dozen years ago and it came with a 10-year battery, which I just recently changed. I have replaced the rubber strap several times with $5 replacements that I bought in a Chinatown shop. This watch keeps perfect time, too. I "hack" my watch whenever I wear it and it is never more than a second, or two, off...even when I go weeks between "hacks". Best CHEAP watch I ever bought.

Also, it has a removable metal attachment, with two steel bars, that goes over the face of the watch to keep you from banging the crystal.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
silly post. I have worn a watch my whole life. I have never been late in my life. 33 years at my job, always early. I wear my watch in the ocean, at the gym, when I have sex with the wife, (to see if I can beat my record of 90 seconds:wink:)

so its not unheard of a pro wearing a watch. :cool:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously????????????

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Some people wear watches, others don't...in every walk of life. I am into watches so I wear one playing pool because I wear one every day. It neither helps or hurts my game.

The only concession I make is wearing a more rugged watch if I'm out at a place with those awful low hanging ball return collection boxes since my watch inevitably gets bashed on the opening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
7fbec010431e6c0b97562b06b888f0f3.jpg
c4c577588c52dc9dc568ecce20552888.jpg

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

So do these guys never shoot off-hand?

Wear watch, carry bridge, will travel.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always wear a wristwatch and have collected them at times along with my cue collection- they make a nice pair for collecting - I prefer the older wind up styles, but I do not wear an expensive watch to play pool because of the constant possibility of scratching it up. I wear all my watches at various times and play with all my cues at various times too. If you never wore one before it may be a distraction at pool when you first begin to wear one, but at some point you will not notice it is even there.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like purdy watches so I wear dem.

I'm also a bit dyslexic and for whatever reason can look at my phone, see the time up in the corner, and not know the time of day until I look at the dial on my watch.

I'm also on the spectrum but you guys have probably already figured that out :)

Lou Figueroa

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WSOP Players .......Check Out Their Watches......or USGA Pros.......Worn When Playing

I wear one of my better watches when I play pool.
My wrist feels odd without wearing one. I wear a
Gold ID bracelet on my right hand my mom gave
me for my bday in 1969. The watch thing is just habit
but I’ll concede two of my watches are really cool &
have some hefty size & weight: 45mm Omega Planet
Ocean (Orange Benzel) metal bracelet and 43mm Breitling
Avenger Titanium Chronometer (Blue Face). Neither watch
seems well suited for anyone that has a small wrist as both
watches are quite large and have wide metal wrist bands.
Playing wearing one of these watches just anchors my bridge
hand and the way it feels helps me to position my bridge hand.
Others may find wearing a watch bothersome to play pool but
like everything in life, what works for one person might not another.

Matt B.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
silly post. I have worn a watch my whole life. I have never been late in my life. 33 years at my job, always early. I wear my watch in the ocean, at the gym, when I have sex with the wife, (to see if I can beat my record of 90 seconds:wink:)

so its not unheard of a pro wearing a watch. :cool:

Not at all silly is questioning the post ,, to the post I used to like heavy watches, however I wear a Apple Watch and I learned to turn of notifications while I'm playing something serious,,

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i been wearing watches for the last 50 years,its routine now i never leave home without a watch.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I feel I’m in a minority here.....
...I came straight from a golf course to my first time in a pool hall....
..so like most golfers, I wear absolutely no bling.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously????????????

See, Im just the opposite. I wear my watch(es) on my back hand to fine tune my stroke speed.

If the cloth is REALLY fast, sometimes I have to wear 6 or 7 watches on my right arm to slow the swing down.

Conversely, if Im playing on really slow cloth, I wear a couple of dog chains on my left ankle to make sure my balance stays forward to assist in the proper stance required.

Its all about the gimmicks man, pool cant be played well without superstitions and gimmicks.

Everybody got a gris gris. :thumbup: