how much is used slate worth?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes that is what I'm saying. I realize that post was a bit of a ramble.

Check that slate thickness again;) Fisher 8ft's if they had a 1 piece slate came with the same 7/8" thick, undersized bar table slate, measuring 47 1/2" wide, by 91 1/2" long, 7/8" thick. Rails didn't bolt through the slate, as in there's no bolt holes in the slate;) rails come off by removing the side panel trim, loosening the cross bars that clamped the rails to the slate and frame, then lifted off in one piece, leaving the slate just sitting there.

Glen

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
Check that slate thickness again;) Fisher 8ft's if they had a 1 piece slate came with the same 7/8" thick, undersized bar table slate, measuring 47 1/2" wide, by 91 1/2" long, 7/8" thick. Rails didn't bolt through the slate, as in there's no bolt holes in the slate;) rails come off by removing the side panel trim, loosening the cross bars that clamped the rails to the slate and frame, then lifted off in one piece, leaving the slate just sitting there.

Glen

Correct again. Went down remeasured it. 7/8" is correct. Good thing I didn't plan on saving those rails cause I had a he'll of a time getting them off myself.

Jim Vondrell

Accu-Level Billiard Svc
Silver Member
Wow....I knew Fischer was owned by C.L Bailey so it should be CLB pattern 1" but I didn't know they had one piece slate. Does it have the MDF backing or wood? Hell .....maybe you can sell that.

Its not a fischer table by CLBailey its a fischer co. table from the 70's and 80's that made mostly 1pc slate tables some coin-ops and even fewer 3pc slates. Guys who are fimilar with these may agree i don't know but for the way the liners screw to the rails and then bracket to the frame and slate they have some damn good cushion action i mean 5 or 6 rails end to end with the original masterfast cushions

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Its not a fischer table by CLBailey its a fischer co. table from the 70's and 80's that made mostly 1pc slate tables some coin-ops and even fewer 3pc slates. Guys who are fimilar with these may agree i don't know but for the way the liners screw to the rails and then bracket to the frame and slate they have some damn good cushion action i mean 5 or 6 rails end to end with the original masterfast cushions

Interesting. :)
I guess pooladdiction should probably just chunk the slate then? Can't be to much demand for it.

Dartman

Silver Member
Interesting. :)
I guess pooladdiction should probably just chunk the slate then? Can't be to much demand for it.

Never know who might want a whole table cheap even if it needs work.
I had a 1940 era table I picked up at auction for $1. Well constructed table but needed a lot of cosmetic work.
Put it on CL for $100 OBO and sold it the next day. CL is free to list so probably worth a try for a few days.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Check with your local vending company, that slate is a perfect match up for any 8ft coin-op table regardless of what make....except Diamonds of course;)

OTLB

Banned
or you could do this

25iq24w.jpg

OTLB

Banned
Nice Bizzaro yard.
Wondering if you actually look at what you post. :confused:

Not really. The guy wanted some So he was trying it. He will fit in later and cut it Still have to finish the seams. Also have some in a pizza oven. Nice 5 x 10 slate at a motorcycle club

Last edited:

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really. The guy wanted some So he was trying it. He will fit in later and cut it Still have to finish the seams. Also have some in a pizza oven. Nice 5 x 10 slate at a motorcycle club

I'm guessing that Dartman was referring to the fact that your photo (much like yourself) is 180 degrees off.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I have an old 8 foot table in the basement with a 3 piece slate. I recently bought a seven ft. table that desperately needs new bumpers and cloth so I was hoping to sell the slate from the 8 ft. table to pay for the rubber and cloth on the 7 footer. I don't have pictures yet. 3/4" 3 piece slate for an eight foot table. Any ideas on value?

Don't give it away... it can be used in a variety of ways.........a baking stone in an oven is a good use. Just put a modest price tag on it and post on Craigslist...it will be gone quickly.