Excited about the Mosconi Cup

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I can't wait for this years action. I am really proud of Team USA this year and I can't wait to see how they preform. Europe will obviously put up a great fight and I think we are in for a treat. Best of luck to both teams, I wish I could be there to watch it in person.

I think the guy to really keep a eye on this year will be Justin Bergman, he is on fire. I played him a few months ago and basically just watched as he destroyed one opponent after another, including me, and was completely in his own world. Another level entirely. He belongs there, as much as any player in the world.

Go get em Team USA!!!!!

pk249

Registered
My tickets have literally just arrived, all four nights (or three perhaps if it's a walk-over!). Uber excited.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't wait for this years action. I am really proud of Team USA this year and I can't wait to see how they preform. Europe will obviously put up a great fight and I think we are in for a treat. Best of luck to both teams, I wish I could be there to watch it in person.

I think the guy to really keep a eye on this year will be Justin Bergman, he is on fire. I played him a few months ago and basically just watched as he destroyed one opponent after another, including me, and was completely in his own world. Another level entirely. He belongs there, as much as any player in the world.

Go get em Team USA!!!!!

With all due respect to USA team, i am afraid they lack the experience needed to win! i hope i am wrong, and we see them win all the way..

My issue with US team is their stroke is extremely long, when they are confronted with long hard shot, they do not consider shortening it for sake of accuracy. That will prove fatal for US Team. Maybe i noticed SVB once in a while shorten his, but i do not think the rest do.

Will see. Best of luck to them.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
naji...What makes you such an expert on stroke? Oh wait...you're not! You have posted absolute nonsense many times here, and once again, you don't know what you're talking about. You couldn't even hold any one of Team USA's cue cases, let alone offer advice that would be practical. When you make the team, you'll be in a position to offer advice...not until! :angry:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

With all due respect to USA team, i am afraid they lack the experience needed to win! i hope i am wrong, and we see them win all the way..

My issue with US team is their stroke is extremely long, when they are confronted with long hard shot, they do not consider shortening it for sake of accuracy. That will prove fatal for US Team. Maybe i noticed SVB once in a while shorten his, but i do not think the rest do.

Will see. Best of luck to them.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member

Go get em Team USA!!!!!

U are right about bergman he's in the zone and very focused right now and he feeds off pressure he's gonna be monster go USA

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
naji...What makes you such an expert on stroke? Oh wait...you're not! You have posted absolute nonsense many times here, and once again, you don't know what you're talking about. You couldn't even hold any one of Team USA's cue cases, let alone offer advice that would be practical. When you make the team, you'll be in a position to offer advice...not until! :angry:

Scott Lee

wow!! Some language from a certified instructor, I feel sorry for you not picking up better way of describing your feelings. It is OK, we all write, it is the reader who decides if it is good read or bad, and they wouldn't go about yelling right of the bat.

If US team does not change the way they stance, bridge, stroke, for each shot that is key or hard shot, there will be no hope, againest the well established European team.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
When you make the team, you'll be in a position to offer advice...not until! :angry:

Not exactly. If you make it to final pick stage and don't make the team you become an official advice giver expected to go to the event and tell the guys who actually made the team how to play.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A great line from Niels on his Facebook page: "Motivated as if I'm gonna play Efren rotation."

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I usually don't get this pumped up for any tournament, but this one I don't want to miss. If all 5 U.S.A players play there high gear and don't make many bonehead mistakes, I believe it's still going to be a battle. GO U.S.A. Johnnyt

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin X 2

I would like to see the Justins put out to play right away . To get the jitters out of the way, and hopefully they will win their matches. That would certainly give the team a lot of momentum.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said before...you have no clue. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee

I might not have a clue but my 40 years experience tells me something needs to change, I heard a comment from shuff one day while he was commentating with Mark on the need to change the way he, shuff, shoots, WHAT!! After being a pro that many years he said he needs to change? Indeed all need to change, no moor sloppy long stroke go down and shoot, with chin two miles a way from shaft...

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i asked some friends of friends from liverpool to describe blackpool. they said it was shit, a terrible terrible place. years ago when they went they knew they would be in a fight. no it's a shell of itself as a home to sport and recreation in the fifties. a long time ago. very sad.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Go get em Team USA!!!!!

Agreed Bergman is playing very well! Schmidt also seems to be in dead stroke as he beat everyone on the team in the round robin format at their pre-party practice session in St. Louis. He also beat Nick Varner. It was sure nice of Nick to come compete and support team USA!!! Looking forward to the Mosconi Cup this year!!!

GO USA!!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
wow!! Some language from a certified instructor, I feel sorry for you not picking up better way of describing your feelings. It is OK, we all write, it is the reader who decides if it is good read or bad, and they wouldn't go about yelling right of the bat.

If US team does not change the way they stance, bridge, stroke, for each shot that is key or hard shot, there will be no hope, againest the well established European team.

Naji forgive me for intervening here but are you saying the U.S. players need to work on their stance, bridge and stroke? If so I call hogwash on you! :thumbup:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Naji forgive me for intervening here but are you saying the U.S. players need to work on their stance, bridge and stroke? If so I call hogwash on you! :thumbup:

i thought we just needed to master the break & it'd be "ïn the bag". otherwise, we're solid!

My tickets have literally just arrived, all four nights (or three perhaps if it's a walk-over!). Uber excited.

i caught that! you're obviously one of those British arses...? ;) don't count on leaving early this year, Honey.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

You're a bit delusional aren't you. Sorry to hear that

1,2 barbecue