A Huge Thank You from CueSports International (CSI)!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. . . JAM gets the Grammar Daddy Trophy! ( ). . .

Ps JAM i am not native in english so please close your eyes and pretend that everything is spelled correctly

You wrote a great post. I love your signature block on your post. Very nice, indeed! :)

You get the AzBilliards Gold Star of the Day!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one thing the IPT showed us is the players will behave, dress nice, and follow the rules IF the money is there for them. Johnnyt

First kind thing I've read about IPT in a very long time. :embarrassed2:

Like Fast Lenny's good words about Bonus Ball, there are some who feel the same way about IPT. :yes:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You all think something bad happened here, then just try the real estate business or worse yet, the entertainment industry. Both are full of outright liars and thieves who would steal your eyes if they could. Thanks to my years in the pool world, I have no problem recognizing and dealing with them. I greatly prefer the direct route, either a face to face confrontation or a phone call if I'm unable to meet with them. That way I don't have to talk behind their back.

In these two worlds money triumphs over integrity most of the time. Of course that's par for the course on planet Earth today. We fight wars to make money and get control of valuable holdings. Then there's religion, but I will let George Carlin explain all that to you. :rolleyes:

P.S. You want bad, then let's talk about what happened to Bartram when he got stiffed for 90G's. That was BAD! And there should be consequences for things like this. I have no sympathy for liars and cheats.

Well said!

I guarantee Arnold Rothstein would have gotten paid. :wink:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

Like Fast Lenny's good words about Bonus Ball, there are some who feel the same way about IPT. :yes:

I know Trudeau is a crook but when it came to the IPT he definitely lost money or someone's money on that deal. The players I spoke to loved it but the forums made it seem like everyone got ripped off. The players will come together for the cash but really need everything in place with a solid game plan and leader then it might have a shot. No bs though, pool needs a corporate sponsor somehow or someone with deep pockets to pump it up.

Reactions: JAM

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Looks like a wedding reception with pool tables :)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I respect that you're sticking up for someone. I do the same when I feel it's right. One thing you've always been a champion of was fighting the 'multiple user names' battle and I have always very much agreed with that stance. If you have something to say, say it and own it. You do, I do, others do.

In this case, "CSI - Ozzy" and "manfromoz" fits your first example perfectly and that's ok. He changed his name and moved on as he was now representing something larger. Where he's getting into trouble is his Shoreboy account. He's not only posting from both accounts in this thread but pretending to be different people. Sure, he can always say it was his wife but couldn't we all make that claim if we were caught with multiple accounts? Honestly, I'm actually very surprised he was banned. The mods here go a bit easier on long time users and/or people in the industry.

Personally, I've known Ozzy a little over a year and met him shortly after he took his position at CSI. I tried to like him as my good friend JCIN told me he's a good guy and I respect his endorsement but Ozzy just made it really hard. At first I just thought he just had a horrible sense of humor and didn't think before he spoke but later realized that he is positive that he's the smartest person on earth and cannot have a conversation without being extremely condescending, inappropriate and downright offensive to anyone he feels he's above. And for the record, Ozzy was on my sht list long before Justin and CSI went separate ways... I don't just blindly dislike someone. I realize I also come off a certain way to people who don't know me but it usually doesn't take someone long after meeting me to find out I'm a pretty good person with a fun sense of humor.

Spoken like a true badass.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that the pool world needs leadership. Just based on passive observation, it needs 3 things:

1. A strong leader
2. Someone with business sense
3. A person experienced in Marketing/Advertising.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that the pool world needs leadership. Just based on passive observation, it needs 3 things:

1. A strong leader
2. Someone with business sense
3. A person experienced in Marketing/Advertising.

Good list! I would add in experience in entertainment too.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the advertising acumen covers that. And plus... everyone is worried about television, but it's slowly dying out. A lot more people are ditching cable and going with online streaming.

I was talking more along the lines of entertaining the fans both viewed live and watched somewhere else in whatever fashion.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
The one thing the IPT showed us is the players will behave, dress nice, and follow the rules IF the money is there for them. Johnnyt

Wasn't there some crap about bonus money for banking an 8ball that the well dressed, well behaved pool players were manipulating?

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So.... I wonder what kind of support CSI can expect from the pool community following this.

From people who love the game, the players and who understand life and business? Great support.

For those who want to make an issue out of everything. Not much

I want to see one change. Everyone get rid of screen names or their signature be their real names.

Robert Martin
Mandan, ND with a residence still in Fargo, ND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From people who love the game, the players and who understand life and business? Great support.

For those who want to make an issue out of everything. Not much

I want to see one change. Everyone get rid of screen names or their signature be their real names.

Robert Martin
Mandan, ND with a residence still in Fargo, ND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding your name behind your posts doesn't make them any better.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
You wrote a great post. I love your signature block on your post. Very nice, indeed! :)

You get the AzBilliards Gold Star of the Day!

Common JAM...Is that all..... a shinny star?! Jeezz...I really kick myself to put those words together man...pfff...
Hehe.
Thanks man glad you enjoyed my blubbering.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
So did Matchroom call Big Truck and tell him to put the Smoking Aces tourney on hold while the World Pool Masters was going on? Was Sky, Justin, Corey threatened with being kept off of the Mosconi Cup?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Everyone involved in the recent CSI " incidents" had a choice. All players, and indeed everyone on earth has a choice. Sometimes you might hear the phrase " choose your battles"...

Rodney had a choice, Ralph had a choice, Oscar, Ray, Skylar, Ozzy....they made their choices and they will live with them. So let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

That being said, if you look at the bigger picture, there is a pattern forming here. And this pattern is something that many of you may not have ever witnessed before in the pool world, which is accountability and consequences for your actions. Consequences that are sometimes good and sometimes bad, but they are consequences all the same.

An entire generation of pool players, and fans, have grown up in a chaotic world, without authority, where anything can and does happen. Players dump, make savers, sandbag, cheat and lie, quit during events, dis the promoter, dis the sponsors, dis the TD, dress like bums, show up late, show up drunk or high, miss matches altogether, throw their equipment and tantrums, backtalk and freely slander each other - including minorities, women and anyone else they hate, beg for free entries and better seeds, even the promoters have gotten in on the action with late and and skipped payouts, manipulating brackets and draws, even harrassing or leveraging players....and ALL THIS is done without anyone ever paying the price for their wrongdoings.

In a professional world, your ass would be on the street at the first sign of impropriety or damaging the company name, image, or pocketbook. In pro sports your ass would get heavily fined, you would miss games, and your wallet, stats, future eligibility and sponsorships would all be at stake.

Jay made mention of some of the hardcore shit that goes on the world of big business every single day, and you know what? He's right. Even the great and powerful Brunswick corporation, who built the tables we have played on endless times, is guilty of blacklisting players, pulling the rug out from under their own family, and even the industry at large, to satisfy their own bottom lines. And did we turn a blind eye? Don't ask don't tell?

I don't know about you, but I can clearly see that something needs to be done, to bring things back into an orderly, respectable and reliable state, for the benefit of the entire industry, and it needs to start with the public figures of our game, the ambassadors, the heroes and would-be example setters - which is the top players themselves. So if a line needs to be drawn in the sand, if some heads have to be thumped, some toes need to be stepped on and some feelings have to be hurt, then so be it.

I'm not here to tell you that the " right" decisions were or are being made, but I am here to tell you that we need changes now more than ever.
This post is worth another look...it justifies the existence of this thread.