Predator Revo Shafts

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get_A_Grip...You'll be waiting a long time, if you're waiting for Revo shafts to be imported. They are manufactured in Boston...not China.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

After ordering a 12.4 mm Revo at the beginning of November, I still have yet to receive it. It is back-ordered pending import of more into the country. I am "patiently" waiting. (I did receive my Dark Matter "Becue" break cue today though. It definitely has a different feel, but I like it so far).

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Get_A_Grip...You'll be waiting a long time, if you're waiting for Revo shafts to be imported. They are manufactured in Boston...not China.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
I got it yesterday. I'm just telling you what the company that I bought it from told me. Although, they did say that Predator keeps that type of stuff close to the vest.

The direct quote from email:
We are all waiting for Predator to import.
All retailers are waiting impatiently...

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Not sure if I posted to this thread in December or not; but .... I've had my 12.4 for a couple months now. Very odd feel to it - but I do like it. Personally I think anything over $200 for a shaft is overpriced - so you can imagine how I feel about $500 for the Revo. Still - I have it - I'll use it at times.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, for people with experience with the Revo, and coming from playing a predator shaft before in the 314 realm, which diameter shaft did you prefer and why. 12.4 or 12.9?

My 314-2 was Fat at 13.2. When I changed to open bridge it did not matter. My first Revo is 12.9 and has a great feel but givien the choice i use the 12.4

Last edited:

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Love it

Been playing with a 12.9 for about 6 month now and I love it.

My one concern was how difficult it might be to change the tip myself on a small lathe. I finally replaced it today and it really wasn't a big deal. Just took my time.

b

KV2VLV4.jpg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Been playing with a 12.9 for about 6 month now and I love it.

My one concern was how difficult it might be to change the tip myself on a small lathe. I finally replaced it today and it really wasn't a big deal. Just took my time.

b

KV2VLV4.jpg

Nice job. Patience and caution .... it works out fine.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Schmelke Revo.

Attachments

• Schmelke Revo.jpg
    Schmelke Revo.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Hey, did anyone determine that they are shooting more accurately with the Revo?

Now that I've been playing with it more, today I actually said out loud, "deadly" after I played for a few hours.

I'm not sure what it is, but many longer shots now seem to go straight in with no problem.

Whether it's psychological or something else, I don't know, but I'm liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo shaft

couple questions

I just got (about 2 weeks ago) a p3 with a 12.4 revo.
I 've been using it without a glove and my bridgehand keeps getting black on it. I've wiped it once with one of the alcohol wipes they send with it, and constantly just wiping it down with a piece of cloth for the chalk buildup.
How long if you use it quite a lot does it take for the black to stop coming off ?
or does it not stop coming off ?
How often do you wipe it with the alcohol wipe ?
I'm assuming that when the wipes that came with it are gone, that I can just use iso alconol on a soft rag. Will that be ok ?

When your aiming, are you putting the tip exactly where you want to hit, because of the lower deflection ?

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated..........

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
couple questions

I just got (about 2 weeks ago) a p3 with a 12.4 revo.
I 've been using it without a glove and my bridgehand keeps getting black on it. I've wiped it once with one of the alcohol wipes they send with it, and constantly just wiping it down with a piece of cloth for the chalk buildup.
How long if you use it quite a lot does it take for the black to stop coming off ?
or does it not stop coming off ?
How often do you wipe it with the alcohol wipe ?
I'm assuming that when the wipes that came with it are gone, that I can just use iso alconol on a soft rag. Will that be ok ?

When your aiming, are you putting the tip exactly where you want to hit, because of the lower deflection ?

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated..........

I can't answer your first question because I wear a glove but I have never used the wipes that came with my shaft. I just use 91% isopropyl alcohol (available at any drug store or most supermarkets) and an old t-shirt. I never have to wipe down the shaft when shooting (because of the glove) but if you have to, a slightly dampened paper towel should do the trick.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't answer your first question because I wear a glove but I have never used the wipes that came with my shaft. I just use 91% isopropyl alcohol (available at any drug store or most supermarkets) and an old t-shirt. I never have to wipe down the shaft when shooting (because of the glove) but if you have to, a slightly dampened paper towel should do the trick.

Appreciate the info.
Anybody not use a glove and have the black coming off on your hand ?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Appreciate the info.

The black may be coming FROM your hand, and not the shaft. Your skin will pick up chalk dust and dirt. The shaft may be rubbing the dirt off your hand, which you may think is stuff coming off the shaft.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Appreciate the info.

Yep. Got the black hand at first but not so much now. Not a big deal. The chalk is a pita. My hand is pretty dirty after a few hours from the chalk

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. Got the black hand at first but not so much now. Not a big deal. The chalk is a pita. My hand is pretty dirty after a few hours from the chalk

Thanks, at least I know it's not some kind of defect.
Did you just use the alcohol and that stopped it after awhile ?