theft by UPS

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't be cheap if you want to "insure" that your stuff will get to where you want it to go undamaged.

I just spent $104 to ship a 3.xx ounce shaft.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see that it’s been confirmed the cue had ivory in it. Well, if the recipient was outside the United States,
it might have been intercepted in transit or at the receiving country. Folks, you cannot ship anything with
ivory into or out of the USA. Doesn’t matter if only one ferrule was ivory and everything else wasn’t. You just
broke the law, even as a buyer. You cannot send or receive ivory internationally but can within the confines of
the USA boundaries (still legal). And remember that some states have adopted very stringent laws banning
the sale or purchase of any type/amount of ivory. I can’t know what’s actually happened but if the cue was headed
outside the USA, there is the risk it was confiscated in transit. If so, you are screwed & even insurance claims are
denied because of violating the law. I know this sucks. The ivory ban has affected my cue collecting.....Obladi Oblada.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
They have to lose a few every so often to let you know it's a possibility, otherwise who would buy the insurance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
thanks garczar, but those phone numbers only connect to southern Asia, not corporate
UPS. its a dead end.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried blasting UPS on social media? Their Facebook, Twitter, etc? You can show the tracking details and where it dropped off the map. I’ve had a couple of friends do that to big corporate companies (I think one was Maytag washing machine) and the company sent them replacements.

-also, is it possible the buyer lied and did receive the cue?

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Sureman:

Post the tracking number of the package
Post where you shipped the package from, IE home or a UPS store or wherever
Post how the cue was packed, be descriptive.
Post whom at UPS you spoke with and what they told you, again be descriptive.

I'll look into your shipment.