Old
  (#16)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-19-2019, 09:45 PM

Looks like a foul, but trust your opponent. The ghost is quite honest. Might even call it transparent.

Good on you for letting your guest choose the music.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#17)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-19-2019, 10:54 PM

No foul...and that's from two Master Instructors and a Senior National Referee.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
BIH playing the ghost, this was my first shot. I played the CB to break up the cluster, and follow down table for the next ball. I called a foul on myself, the hit felt like I double hit it.

What would you call based on the video? 8 seconds long for short attention spans

https://youtu.be/iSHrkwaNd3c

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#18)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post

Scott Lee
Well, I guess I need lessons (or should I say "glasses) worse than I thought. It really, really looked bad to me.

But, I'm no master of anything so, just like John Schmidt's run, I'll take the word of people that are in a better position physically/knowledgeably to make that call.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Last edited by jrctherake; 10-20-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Old
  (#19)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
High ball, whitey slips up a bit.
The cue ball didnít do anything it wasnít supposed to.
I agree. The cue is probably at least 3 times the weight of the cb, which means the cb takes off so fast that with the distance between the balls it's unlikely there is a chance for a double hit. It's odd that a foul was felt though, especially since the cb seemed to move appropriately based on the shot angle.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#20)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
10-19-2019, 11:35 PM

To those that have stated they think this is a foul, can you explain what you are basing that conclusion on?

To believe a double hit foul occurred as an observer, one or more of the following things had to have occurred:

1) The speed of the cue ball had to have increased as a result of the second hit
2) The cue ball speed had to have been abnormally fast for the type of hit, one example being where the cue ball follows closely behind the object ball at almost the same speed after a fuller ball hit.
3) The direction of the cue ball had to be abnormal / had to have changed as a result of the second hit.
4) You had to have clearly seen the tip hit the cue ball twice.

You could possibly add a number 5), that you heard a double hit, but I find this one to be less than reliable in the absence of any of the other things above, and even more so when one or more balls are colliding with each other immediately after the cue ball leaves the tip (which is the case here).

The speed of the cue ball does not appear to have increased at any point, the cue ball speed is not abnormally fast for the type of hit, the path and direction and reaction of the cue ball is perfectly normal and never appears to change, you certainly can't see a double hit (even with the luxury of frame by frame analysis), and even though its less than reliable, particularly in this situation, you can't hear anything that sounds like a double hit either. So if you believe this is a double hit, what is making you believe that?

Old
  (#21)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
BIH playing the ghost, this was my first shot. I played the CB to break up the cluster, and follow down table for the next ball. I called a foul on myself, the hit felt like I double hit it.

What would you call based on the video? 8 seconds long for short attention spans

I may be totally off, but It appears to me that you hit the cue ball again, after the cue ball caromed off the six.

Old
  (#22)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 12:24 AM

I thought the cue made contact with the cb a second time somewhere around the end of his follow-through.

I think everyone on this site knows the cue ball takes off much faster than the cue stick can move but, there were two object balls that "i thought" slowed the cb down or maybe even changed it's direction a hair. At that time (cb touching other two ob's), is when I was thinkthe foul happened.

Either way, it was really, really close and also hard to see "for sure" (for me).

OP saying he felt it was a major factor in my decision as well.

I've seen that type shot decision go both ways.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#23)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

10-20-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBme View Post
I may be totally off, but It appears to me that you hit the cue ball again, after the cue ball caromed off the six.
Exactly what I thought happened.

But, two much more knowledgeable than me have ruled it a good hit....so, I would almost have to go with "good hit", based on their decision instead 9f going by what I thought I was seeing.

Jeff

Old
  (#24)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplaya9 View Post
To those that have stated they think this is a foul, can you explain what you are basing that conclusion on? snip snip
Basing it on... he felt the double hit

Old
  (#25)
TxOnePocket
i'm ur huckleberry
TxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeTxOnePocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

10-20-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post
First off, that's a she I believe, secondly it doesn't look like a double hit at all, she followed through with top, the ball stalled a bit after it hit the cluster then english took.

( I should have added IMO somewhere, but facts aren't )

Old
  (#26)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
10-20-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post
Maybe that is the confusion, everybody is answering different questions, some of which that weren't even asked (and that directly conflict with what he did ask). I think his question, taken from the very first post, and then later reaffirmed even more clearly in a subsequent post, is:

Quote:
What would you call based on the video?

Quote:
I posted it on here to hear your thoughts if you could see a foul based on the video/sound alone, pretending I never said it sounded funny live when I played it.
In your opinion, do you think it was a foul based on the video alone? Curious if that changes things for you, plus it is the question he is asking.

Old
  (#27)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 02:22 AM

Foul.
With that long a follow through you were bound to.

Old
  (#28)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-20-2019, 02:45 AM

In slow motion it looks like a double hit

Old
  (#29)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-20-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOnePocket View Post
First off, that's a she I believe, secondly it doesn't look like a double hit at all, she followed through with top, the ball stalled a bit after it hit the cluster then english took.

( I should have added IMO somewhere, but facts aren't )
I think Iíd make a pretty gal but a guy I am

Old
  (#30)
mbvl
AzB Silver Member
mbvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond reputembvl has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post

Scott Lee
You are wrong. Clearly a double hit.

Signed,
A Nobody

Mark

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: