MVP Veneered FS Curly Pyinma into Camatillo for Clyde

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a while since I posted a cue here. I put this in the mail yesterday.

Some of the best curly Pyinma I have owned, straight grained camatillo. Icy hot veneers. The customer deserves 100% of the credit for the wood selection and veneer combination. One of my favorite blanks I have built thus far.

You can click the link below to load a larger version of the pic from my web site. Thanks for looking.

http://mvpcues.com/images/finished/clyde.jpg

clyde1280.jpg

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a while since I posted a cue here. I put this in the mail yesterday.

Some of the best curly Pyinma I have owned, straight grained camatillo. Icy hot veneers. The customer deserves 100% of the credit for the wood selection and veneer combination. One of my favorite blanks I have built thus far.

Thanks for looking.

clyde.jpg
Damn fine work, and this Clyde gentleman has a great eye for color combos.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you don't mind can you tell us the colors of the veneers.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue, love the veneers!

Are you willing to say how you keep the Pyinma curl contrast so vivid? Is there some sort of chemical prep or treatment?
I loved curly Pyinma and when fresh cut, the contrast was really nice. In a year or so, the colors blended so much they don't look curly except from a few inches away. It all turned more or less caramel. (Unlike say hard maple) To be clear, you can see the grain/curl up close, but the color contrast just went more or less solid color.

smt

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue, love the veneers!

Are you willing to say how you keep the Pyinma curl contrast so vivid? Is there some sort of chemical prep or treatment?
I loved curly Pyinma and when fresh cut, the contrast was really nice. In a year or so, the colors blended so much they don't look curly except from a few inches away. It all turned more or less caramel. (Unlike say hard maple) To be clear, you can see the grain/curl up close, but the color contrast just went more or less solid color.

smt

I did nothing. My material, in the rough, has held contrast for years. I'm sure there will be some slight darkening as this happens with nearly every wood, but I have not seen what you describe with my pyinma.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the wood combo,veneers are outstanding, i hope you aren,t offended ,but maybe just any kind of ringwork ? Maybe something that could be your signature rings? Just something to add to this beautiful cue.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the wood combo,veneers are outstanding, i hope you aren,t offended ,but maybe just any kind of ringwork ? Maybe something that could be your signature rings? Just something to add to this beautiful cue.

The rings that look dark above/below the white ring at the butt are stacked veneers matching the veneers in the cue. The trim ring at the joint is the double blue rings. This is what the customer wanted.