Who will be ready to play the same game with Shane now?

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
No actually that's terrible comparison, those are standards of titles, like races to 9 -11 -13 all within tournaments formats not lets go fight in the parking lot for 25 rounds ,,
Heck Randel Cobb might have been the best there ever was in gaff formats

To make those shorter sets even more credible, none of the participants are allowed to suggest table specs or rack their own, otherwise we'd have been asking for years if ANYONE could beat Corey Deuel .
e...

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
To make those shorter sets even more credible, none of the participants are allowed to suggest table specs or rack their own, otherwise we'd have been asking for years if ANYONE could beat Corey Deuel .
e...

Corey could have been beaten playing his soft break game, if ANYONE put in the time to master it like Corey did. Now Shane has taken Corey's place, practicing the break more than anyone else, and it shows. But for anyone to think that if you took away Shane's break, he can't win, you'd go broke betting on that as Shane can and still does win, even if his break isn't working for some reason!!!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey could have been beaten playing his soft break game, if ANYONE put in the time to master it like Corey did. Now Shane has taken Corey's place, practicing the break more than anyone else, and it shows. But for anyone to think that if you took away Shane's break, he can't win, you'd go broke betting on that as Shane can and still does win, even if his break isn't working for some reason!!!

Glenn, your 1000% correct.

There is absolutely nothing gaff about SVB.

He is where and what he is because he is a champion PLAYER, not just a champion breaker.

Then again, if we could put his break in a bottle...lol....we make enough money to buy that big-a55 boat you want.

Jeff

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glenn, your 1000% correct.

There is absolutely nothing gaff about SVB.

He is where and what he is because he is a champion PLAYER, not just a champion breaker.

Then again, if we could put his break in a bottle...lol....we make enough money to buy that big-a55 boat you want.

Jeff

Only problem with that, is that pool players are to broke to buy a SVB break in a bottle....and I DON'T want to settle on a rubber raft!!!:D

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My point is there’s Chang and maybe Filler.

Some crazy names are being thrown around.

Maybe this will explain it a little better, throwing names around is like mental masterbation, the outcome is anything you imagine it to be!! When fantasy meets reality, there's NO going back to fantasy...LMAO

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
he was joking ffs

He doesn't get it.
He just wants to fight everyone.
He's like a 12-yr old trapped in a hefty soon to be senior citizen.
Watch , flame war coming up. Wait, it's already here.
Wait, !!!!!!!!!!
!!
!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
He doesn't get it.
He just wants to fight everyone.
He's like a 12-yr old trapped in a hefty soon to be senior citizen.
Watch , flame war coming up. Wait, it's already here.
Wait, !!!!!!!!!!
!!
!!

Now that right there is funny, seeing how you're older than I am...LOL

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member

you are right.

people like to watch and talk about how well Shane breaks and how poor Dennis breaks, but Dennis should have known that when he agreed to come to the table.

the break is significant in the game at highest level, but how you play in safeties dog fights can turn the momentum, and Shane has been very solid and came out on top in the safety counters against Dennis, which left Dennis little chance to turn it around.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
you are right.

people like to watch and talk about how well Shane breaks and how poor Dennis breaks, but Dennis should have known that when he agreed to come to the table.

the break is significant in the game at highest level, but how you play in safeties dog fights can turn the momentum, and Shane has been very solid and came out on top in the safety counters against Dennis, which left Dennis little chance to turn it around.

Kinda hard to fight back when Shane's success rate in breaking was like shooting spot shots.
Dennis dogged shots he wasn't dogging at Hard Times on tv table with 4" pockets.
He had an uphill battle with a cart in tow.

I was told by one of his ex-road partners, Dennis takes a log of his practice back in the days. He probably started logging his break stats in practice and felt good enough to think he had a shot at beating Shane.
Shane had to play bad and break bad for him to have won.
Neither happened.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone seen Wu play a significant amount of 10-ball? He is probably the best hard-breaking 9-ball player, and he is top 3 in the world after the break, but I wonder how competitive his 10-ball break would be in a long match? I've just never really seen him play 10-ball in the past few years since people have solved the break.