10 ft. pool tables?

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Diamond or Brunswick build 10 foot pocket tables?

Can you buy a carom or snooker table and have the slate cut for regular pockets?

I'm having trouble searching for answers to this topic. I know they exist and wouldn't mind looking into the option :thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Da Bank said:

Can you buy a carom or snooker table and have the slate cut for regular pockets?

I'm having trouble searching for answers to this topic. I know they exist and wouldn't mind looking into the option :thumbup:
No, neither Diamond nor Brunswick build 10 pool tables, not today anyway. Diamond will soon have an exchangeable set of billiards cushions for their 9ft ProAms, but not snooker rails for the 9ft. And yes, the ProAm will still have the pockets cut out in the slate for playing pool. All questions answered?

Glen

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
No, neither Diamond nor Brunswick build 10 pool tables, not today anyway. Diamond will soon have an exchangeable set of billiards cushions for their 9ft ProAms, but not snooker rails for the 9ft. And yes, the ProAm will still have the pockets cut out in the slate for playing pool. All questions answered?

Glen

Glen,

what's your recommendation for a 10 ft. pocket table then?

jacob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you can buy a 10 ft billiard table and have the slate cut and pockets installed.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
jacob said:
Yes you can buy a 10 ft billiard table and have the slate cut and pockets installed.

And the cushions changed, and the rails re-beveled to lower down the nose of the cushions for the smaller "pool" balls too, shouldn't be into it much more than about $10,000 when all done:D

Glen

PS. I almost forgot, you'll also have to remove some of the body cabinet in the corner pocket areas, because there's no room for drop pockets when a "billiards" table is built, side pockets too;)

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Da Bank said:
Glen,

what's your recommendation for a 10 ft. pocket table then?
Unless you're looking for an antique 10'fter, I have no idea where to send you buddy, there's just no call for this size of table today to justify a manufacture building them, that don't mean you can't get one built...if the money is right;)

Glen

scruffy1

Silver Member
Its been a while since we sold olhausen,but they always offered some
10ft. models. Special order of course.

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Da Bank said:

Your cheapest route is to find an antique carom table 300-1200$ range, Denver Craigslist had a Schmidt (possibly a different brand) either already converted to pocket billiards or in need of conversion. The conversion will run you $1800-$3000 for pockets, pocket cuts, rail cuts, new cushions installed to correct height for pool, cloth and install. You still have to address any cosmetic issues and upon completion your 5x10 table will have a resale value of about $1000.00 tops...:(

God forbid you try to covert a modern style table such as a 5x10 GC 1 carom table. Everything Glen mentioned above and then some!!! I know someone who tried.

You can also call companies like Peter Vitalie or Olhousen or any of the custom builders and for the right money they will build one for you. You'll probably be lucky to spend less than $8000.00 installed and will still have a table worth $1000.00...Maybe.

I've seen a number of 5x10 pool tables come up for sale on E-Bay and other sites. If you have to have one, keep your eyes out for them you'll spend $800-$1500 plus delivery and installation and minimize your exposure...:wink:

Just a suggestion, hope this helps
Jay

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
A-1 billiards said:
Your cheapest route is to find an antique carom table 300-1200$ range, Denver Craigslist had a Schmidt (possibly a different brand) either already converted to pocket billiards or in need of conversion. The conversion will run you $1800-$3000 for pockets, pocket cuts, rail cuts, new cushions installed to correct height for pool, cloth and install. You still have to address any cosmetic issues and upon completion your 5x10 table will have a resale value of about $1000.00 tops...:(

God forbid you try to covert a modern style table such as a 5x10 GC 1 carom table. Everything Glen mentioned above and then some!!! I know someone who tried.

You can also call companies like Peter Vitalie or Olhousen or any of the custom builders and for the right money they will build one for you. You'll probably be lucky to spend less than $8000.00 installed and will still have a table worth $1000.00...Maybe.

I've seen a number of 5x10 pool tables come up for sale on E-Bay and other sites. If you have to have one, keep your eyes out for them you'll spend $800-$1500 plus delivery and installation and minimize your exposure...:wink:

Just a suggestion, hope this helps
Jay

I have a Vitalie 5 x 10 carrom table with slates that have the pockets cut out. I took it out of a pool room in Cherry Hill, NJ and have been sitting on it since.

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Are you selling?

PoolTable911 said:
I have a Vitalie 5 x 10 carrom table with slates that have the pockets cut out. I took it out of a pool room in Cherry Hill, NJ and have been sitting on it since.

Pat,

Are you looking to sell. I may have a customer. I'm in NY city next week and DC the week after can pick up on the way through NJ.

Jay