What cushions are on my table?

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Does anyone out there know what cushions I need for a 9' Olio Professional table? Mine are ok, but when I get my table recovered I am going to have the pockets tightened up and new cushions added. I would like a little more lively ones too.

Thanks for the help!

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. The table plays pretty good right now....just would like a little better rubber on them. Would you be interested in doing the work sometime? It would still be a little while, but the K66 cushions in the for sale section got me thinking.

Last edited:
Does anyone out there know what cushions I need for a 9' Olio Professional table? Mine are ok, but when I get my table recovered I am going to have the pockets tightened up and new cushions added. I would like a little more lively ones too.

Thanks for the help!

You will be happy with the Brunswick super speed cushion. They will match up just about perfectly. I just did 3 Olio tables with rail ext. and I used the Brunswick super speed on them. Played just like a GC. Cuephoric is right, the table is a GC knock-off to some degee.
Put the GCV pockets on the table, and you'll be happy.

Mark Gregory

TableTek

Silver Member
Superspeeds aren't what they use to be!

Thanks to a tip over the summer from RKC I have stopped using Superspeeds. My replacement choice for K55 premium cushions is the Black cushions from Diamond. So far I have installed about 15 sets in the past few months, including my practice table. It is by far the best cushion I have played on, right on par with Artemis. Also, they cost a bit less than Superspeeds as well. Just my 2 cents
Rob

LCCS

Silver Member
Cushions

Thanks to a tip over the summer from RKC I have stopped using Superspeeds. My replacement choice for K55 premium cushions is the Black cushions from Diamond. So far I have installed about 15 sets in the past few months, including my practice table. It is by far the best cushion I have played on, right on par with Artemis. Also, they cost a bit less than Superspeeds as well. Just my 2 cents
Rob
So, Are you buying these through Diamond? I will agree with the Superspeed.

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Rob

Rob,
I've also switched away from superspeed cushions to the black Diamond cushion. The Superspeed cushion is very poorly finished on the edges and has had many of the same rapid breakdown characteristics as the cheap imports without the cheap price. I'm recommending the Artemis, Northern, Cin-caro, with Superspeed as a last option for K-55 profile jobs.

The Black Diamond cushion is the best value IMO of all the cushions I've worked with.

Jay

JZMechanix

Silver Member
+1 from me for the black Diamond cushions. I've also used them on several tables and they play very well. :thumbup:

Slate Billiards

Silver Member
Rob,
I've also switched away from superspeed cushions to the black Diamond cushion. The Superspeed cushion is very poorly finished on the edges and has had many of the same rapid breakdown characteristics as the cheap imports without the cheap price. I'm recommending the Artemis, Northern, Cin-caro, with Superspeed as a last option for K-55 profile jobs.

The Black Diamond cushion is the best value IMO of all the cushions I've worked with.

Jay

Jay, I could not find the Cin-caro you told me about so I ended up going with the Black Diamond cushion for those Kim Steeles. Those rails drove us nuts till we followed your instructions. I will link pics of the room below.

Thanks,
Mort and Josh Walston

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=399799210047

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Jay, I could not find the Cin-caro you told me about so I ended up going with the Black Diamond cushion for those Kim Steeles. Those rails drove us nuts till we followed your instructions. I will link pics of the room below.

Thanks,
Mort and Josh Walston

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=399799210047

I'm glad it all worked out for you guy's. Kim Steels are very different than any American tables. With some patients and some good technique they can play very nice.

Good luck, and I will be stopping by when I'm traveling in you area.

Jay

LCCS

Silver Member
rubber

I've been seeing the same thing lately on tour ed cushions.
I used to like the Championship Tour Addition, but in the last few years they have got to where i do not use them. I hate it when you glue it to the rail and there is a lip at the top and the the cloth shows the line where the rail and rubber meets.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Where can you order the Diamond Black Cushions from? Diamond's website doesn't list any.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Where can you order the Diamond Black Cushions from? Diamond's website doesn't list any.

I'm glad for all of you that have taken my advice and switched to the Diamond k55 black cushions:wink: Call Brian or Aaron at Diamond for the cushions 812-288-7665

Glen

Slate Billiards

Silver Member
I'm glad for all of you that have taken my advice and switched to the Diamond k55 black cushions:wink: Call Brian or Aaron at Diamond for the cushions 812-288-7665

Glen

The black neoprene facings are also available from Diamond and they are great with the black cushions.

Mort