ORCOLLO v BIADO (Race to 100/ 10 Ball) $40K at stake (15-17March2019)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EPIC MATCH
10-Ball Race to 100 (3-Day Match)
March 15-17, 2019. The match starts at 12-noon Philippine time.
The venue is at the Hustler, 107 Mother Ignacia Avenue, Quezon City.
$40K at stake
https://pinoypoolmaster.com/

orcollo biado.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
An omen for Cesar Morales.....don’t go to the match the first day.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are they gonna split the pot?:rolleyes:
I DOUBT very much anything like that will be going on.

I have heard they have very different backers, and doing any kind of funny business with the kind of people that would wager this kind of money in the Philippines might be a very bad idea if you know what i mean :eek:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

These two are not going to step on big toes in the Philippines.
This ain't a weekend tournament in California.

Anybody know if it's winner breaks or alternate?

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
They are good friends and road partners! Dennis should be a betting favorite just based on his being a dead nut killer.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems tough as both are even on paper or even Dennis having an edge.
But my intuitions telling me Biado will win by a mile !!

I’m rooting for biado to win by 10 racks or more !!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Absolutely not! They have different backers for this match and the money is real! No deals here either. This should be a good one. The only guarantee each player has is a cut of the streaming revenue (maybe 25% each).

What most people don't know about the top Filipino players is they are playing against each other all the time for pecking order over there, and all are money matches. That's how they stay sharp and keep their games tuned up.

Off the table, Carlo and Dennis are friends, but in a match like this there is serious money on the line for both of them. I do know that Dennis plays for 50% of anything he wins in a money match. Carlo probably gets a similar deal. The top players are usually playing for 50%. Lesser players may only get a third of the winnings in money matches.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis just beat Chua in a big match within the last couple months. Don't know the details though.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Want to bet on that?
Jason

Sure.
I wouldn’t mind a friendly wager of 50 bucks if u don’t mind, would make watching the match more exciting !
But which are you referring to ?
I wouldn’t bet on Carlo winning by more than 10 but I would bet on Carlo winning the race.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is on fire. Just won Manny Pacquiao 10 ball Open
You can say that at stake in this match is "Filipino Money King" title. Dennis is the titleholder and Biado is the challenger. :grin-square:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Sure.
I wouldn’t mind a friendly wager of 50 bucks if u don’t mind, would make watching the match more exciting !
But which are you referring to ?
I wouldn’t bet on Carlo winning by more than 10 but I would bet on Carlo winning the race.

Even. You got it.
Jason

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think Biado gets enough credit a lot of times. This should be a great match and could go either way. I like to watch both players.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think Biado gets enough credit a lot of times. This should be a great match and could go either way. I like to watch both players.

Agreed. This is what's he's done in the last 14 months:

2017 World 9 Ball 1st
2018 World 9 Ball 2nd
2018 All Japan Open 3rd/4th
2019 DCC 9 Ball 6th

Last edited: