Randy Lamar's Cue stolen at WAMO...please help

A

a_susie_cue

Hi Everyone,

I promised Randy that I would post this for him. Randy Lamar's custom Viking Cue was stolen at the WAMO tournament in the Wisconsin Dells at Chula Vista. It was taken on Saturday, March 14, 2009. It is a custom made Viking cue and is one of a kind. It is tan/ brown 18 1/2 oz, was in a soft black case, and has an implex joint.
If you have any information about the cue's whereabouts, please drop me a pm or you can call me anonymously at 847-902-5389.
Thanks for any help,
Susie (and Randy says thank you too).

old hand

Registered
Sad thing. Were`nt turned in yet today in the pm. If he don`t get the things back soon or ever they will see who walked. Word at site was security video to be viewed on monday.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Bump it up, This is horrible....

btw, is there WAMO charts or results posted anywhere?

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Then here is a bump for Randy's cue.

And one for some results in the WAMO tournament. There has to be brackets / payouts somewhere.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Would be nice to catch the thief on video. That way the police won't have to be called and some nice guys can pick it up from the thief. Oh, and while the nice guys have him....... Johnnyt

billiardspro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I could find was http://www.wamo.net/events.cfm?etid=3
it has a list of all the entries both singles and teams, but no results, yet. Maybe they went late yesterday and didn't have a chance yet.
I played with randy in the team event and this sucks that someone could do something like this..
As for some results all i know is that randy got 3rd in the masters.
I got 2nd in the intermediate
and our team won the intermediate plantime division

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Background on Related Situation

Just some background info for all of you related to this situation:

A guy on my team had his cue taken from the bathroom at this event also. He put his case down and two guys walked by -- after he looked again his case was gone. (This happened before Randy's cue got taken). I think that it was on Thursday night at ~2:30am when my friends cue was taken.

My friend immediately ran out of the bathroom to find his cue. He said that the two guys must have heard him running, because just before he got out of the bathroom he heard his hard case being put down.

My friend immediately saw his case next to a vending machine outside the bathroom. He grabbed his case and confronted the two guys. He told them that he should kick their _sses and then told the security guard that was there. At least one of these guys I know was playing in the tournament. Security didn't do anything and at the time my friend was just happy to get his cue back.

After hearing that Randy's cue got stolen from the bathroom too, my friend told a guy from Sam's Amusement (I think that he might have been in charge of running the tournament). He had my friend point out the one guy that was playing in the tournament and that was still hanging around. They made the guy go out to his car so they could check his car for Randy's cue, but they didn't find anything (I believe that this was on Saturday).

I did hear the guy from Sam's Amusement telling my friend that they checked the one guy's car. He asked my friend if he saw his cue in the guy's hand. My friend heard his case being put down just seconds before he got out of the doorway, so he didn't see it in anyone's hands -- but it was obviously one of the two guys that took his cue because they were right there near his case and didn't say anything in response, and just stood there looking at him.

I think that they should have at least banned the one guy from ever playing in the WAMO tournament again. I hope that Randy get's his cue back. I heard them annoucing what sounded like a $1000 reward for Randy's cue numerous times during the tournament.

tksix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just makes me sick.................I hope Randy recovers his cues. I really can't stand hearing this! The scum-bag or scum-bags that took the cues need to be castrated.

Mike

A

a_susie_cue

The WAMO results are posted now on http://www.wamo.net. As of right now, there is no word about the return of his stick. I will be in touch with Randy within the next few days to see if he has any photos of his stick.

billiardspro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I read that as no master women's singles and no masters teams at all....

duane
jan manilo (prob spelled wrong) won the womens masters

And this year wamo went with only 1 master per team and run a intermediate division. We won that
jeff potts

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Jeff!

I saw you placed in the Singles event as well. I could not make it out that way. This weekend though I will be in Beloit trying to see if I can cause a few upsets with the big boys. Let me get the jump on someone and it is CURTAINS.

I will be getting to bed early on Friday and getting plenty of rest before Saturday's event. I hope we can get there a tad earlier than before! If I was driving I would be there at 10am.

Patrick Troutman
Wisconsin BCA "B" Player Extraordinaire

A

a_susie_cue

I spoke to Randy this morning. He is going to get me a picture of his cue. So far, no news, but let's keep our fingers crossed for him. He really is a great guy and didn't deserve for this to happen to him. No one deserves to have their property stolen.

A

a_susie_cue

Randy is still trying to get pictures of his cue. There were no other Viking sticks of his style with the implex joint which is black. Please still keep your eyes and ears open for any news. He is such a nice guy.