What happened to the Shonk thread?

Nico

Banned
The KT is a shonk thread is MIA. What a ridiculous thing to delete, that's some moronic censorship. I give this thread a few minutes as well.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nico said:
The KT is a shonk thread is MIA. What a ridiculous thing to delete, that's some moronic censorship. I give this thread a few minutes as well.

I like your avatar, Nico! :)

I think the offending party used a pro player's likeness via an avatar AND -- a very big "and" here -- the pro player's well-known nickname as his AzBilliards' member name. A casual reader of the forum might think it was actually the pro player who initiated the thread; thus, maybe the reason for the thread removal.

JAM

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'd like to think that the thread was deleted because a poster used very abusive language toward another poster.

T

Timberly

My guess is that it had less to do with the kids screen name & avatar and more to do with how needlessly rude a few of the people on here were. I'm not a big fan of deleting threads but considering the way classless idiots acted, I personally (not speaking for others) have no problem with the deletion of that thread.

There was nothing of any use in there. Nothing that was going to help anyone's pool game or anything else to do with pool for that matter.

The topic of the thread has been discussed in the IPT forum. If people want to talk on topic about that thread they can go find it in the the IPT forum.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
I'd like to think that the thread was deleted because a poster used very abusive language toward another poster.

I hope you're right. AzBilliards forum should be a place where posters can feel comfortable networking, disseminating and/or chatting. I do not understand why a small minority seem to enjoy ruining a good thing.

JAM

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the time I typed my message, and hit 'send', it wouldn't go through, so I assumed it was deleted. I was just going to say that I am one of those that isn't very 'forum savvy', as Timberly had said, so I can understand why MA responded as such. Although I am really gabesmom, I think I'll change my name if I can figure that out. It was just the only simple name I could think of when I joined. But I have difficulty knowing who is who on here myself, I'm just familiar with some.

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
gabesmom said:
By the time I typed my message, and hit 'send', it wouldn't go through, so I assumed it was deleted. I was just going to say that I am one of those that isn't very 'forum savvy', as Timberly had said, so I can understand why MA responded as such. Although I am really gabesmom, I think I'll change my name if I can figure that out. It was just the only simple name I could think of when I joined. But I have difficulty knowing who is who on here myself, I'm just familiar with some.
Well GabesMom, let me introduce myself. My name is John Morton, A.K.A. Rude Dog. Don't ever believe anything you hear about me because none of it is true, except for the good stuff:D , if there is such a thing. All kidding aside, I would hope that you wouldn't change your name because it fits, perfect. You're Gabes mom, your user name is gabesmom, what's there to change? I'm Rude Dog, I'm rude, and.....................I have no idea where I'm going with this so I'll just crawl back under the rock that someone accidentally kicked that allowed me to get to a key board. Peace, John.:D

T

Timberly

gabesmom said:
Following John's lead.... Hi Gabesmom, I'm Timberly Pike. I agree with John, please don't change your screen name. :)

Nico

Banned
sjm said:
Well, I only got a chance to read about 8 replies in, but don't recall anything that abusive, (other than someone being called idiot).

The thread was about the IPT and Kevin Trudeau. A certain pros wife attacked the original poster over something completly unrelated which could've and should've been handled with a polite PM.

IMHO that's idiotic behavior, and whomever called her out on it was right to do so. Nuff said.

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rude Dog said:
Well GabesMom, let me introduce myself. My name is John Morton, A.K.A. Rude Dog. Don't ever believe anything you hear about me because none of it is true, except for the good stuff:D , if there is such a thing. All kidding aside, I would hope that you wouldn't change your name because it fits, perfect. You're Gabes mom, your user name is gabesmom, what's there to change? I'm Rude Dog, I'm rude, and.....................I have no idea where I'm going with this so I'll just crawl back under the rock that someone accidentally kicked that allowed me to get to a key board. Peace, John.:D
Hey John, thanks for the introduction! I've been trying to keep a list of people on here, screennames vs real names, but it gets difficult for someone like me who doesn't post that often, and I often misplace it.
When I saw a previous post weeks ago by the person being discussed, my first impression was it was JA because of the name, etc, but it sure didn't make sense, knowing what I know of him. So I personally can understand where someone naive as myself about the forum could be confused or even believe it to be them.
NIce to meet you John!

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Following John's lead.... Hi Gabesmom, I'm Timberly Pike. I agree with John, please don't change your screen name. :)
Nice to meet you too! I assumed that was your real name, glad you use it. I slowly figure out some. Gabe knows I use this name, he lurks quite a bit. I don't know if he's posted yet with whatever lurker name he's come up with, but I know it isn't gabe or babe or anything close. Probably some wild pool related kind of name. haha

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nico said:
Well, I only got a chance to read about 8 replies in, but don't recall anything that abusive, (other than someone being called idiot).

The thread was about the IPT and Kevin Trudeau. A certain pros wife attacked the original poster over something completly unrelated which could've and should've been handled with a polite PM.

IMHO that's idiotic behavior, and whomever called her out on it was right to do so. Nuff said.

I didnt see the attacks but she didnt deserve one. It was her first post and it was obvious she was just naive about these forums. She should have been cut some slack.

Nico

Banned
Nostroke said:
I didnt see the attacks but she didnt deserve one. It was her first post and it was obvious she was just naive about these forums. She should have been cut some slack.
If a person is naive about a forum, they shouldn't go around attacking people without first finding out that person's intentions. Cut her some slack?. Absolutely not. Famous person's wife or not, you don't get a pass. If that's her only contribution in 2+ years, who needs more?.

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally side with her. For no other reason than it was such a negative comment about KT & IPT which to me seemed shocking to possibly be coming from her hubby. :confused:
Maybe the person who posted can change to more of a fan name.
I hope she comes back to the forums sometime. :)

T

Timberly

Nico said:
If a person is naive about a forum, they shouldn't go around attacking people without first finding out that person's intentions. Cut her some slack?. Absolutely not. Famous person's wife or not, you don't get a pass. If that's her only contribution in 2+ years, who needs more?.
Not only is she his wife, she is also his manager. It is her job to look after his best interest. If someone was on here impersonating him and they were trying to "help" people or giving out false information, it could be very detrimental to his career. From losing sponsorship to so far as being sued by someone depending on what the impersonator did. As a wife and a business mgr, she was within her right to defend her husband/employer. No one here will ever convince me that they wouldn't do the same thing.

Internet forums are not the same as real life. You have to learn how to use emoticons and certain words and phrases so that people understand what you mean. People that are new to forums usually make mistakes in regards to posting and/or understanding posts. Asking to cut her some slack had nothing to do with who she was and everything to do with being human.

Nico

Banned
Timberly said:
Not only is she his wife, she is also his manager. It is her job to look after his best interest. If someone was on here impersonating him and they were trying to "help" people or giving out false information, it could be very detrimental to his career. From losing sponsorship to so far as being sued by someone depending on what the impersonator did. As a wife and a business mgr, she was within her right to defend her husband/employer. No one here will ever convince me that they wouldn't do the same thing.

Internet forums are not the same as real life. You have to learn how to use emoticons and certain words and phrases so that people understand what you mean. People that are new to forums usually make mistakes in regards to posting and/or understanding posts. Asking to cut her some slack had nothing to do with who she was and everything to do with being human.
She didn't cut the original poster any slack, but she deserves slack?.

Come on.

Never once has the person ever claimed to be the pro in question and pretty much everyone could tell it wasn't him. It's just some fan that didn't know any better, not some con artist trying to defame a pro player.

Did she peruse his threads and his posts to see if he was pretending to be her husband?. I'll bet. No, she went straight into mother lion mode.

She could have and should have PM'd this person and asked them to change their screen name or add a signature stating that they are not the pro player in question. Publically humiliating this person by berating them, yeah, that's real human like.

Better yet, this pros wife should have emailed the administrators and asked them why the heck they allowed that screen name when the pro in question is already a registered user.

If she didn't know how to use the PM function, she could've started a thread titled, "AZ Admin, please contact me ASAP". That would most certainly get her in touch with Mike or Mr. Wilson.

Now that makes sense, and that would have been the human thing to do.

Diplomatic rational people do diplomatic rational things. Sounds like JA might do himself a favor and get a new manager that won't immediately fly off the handle and overreact like an infant.

Last edited:
T

Timberly

Nico said:
She didn't cut the original poster any slack, but she deserves slack?.

Come on.

Never once has the person ever claimed to be the pro in question and pretty much everyone could tell it wasn't him. It's just some fan that didn't know any better, not some con artist trying to defame a pro player.

Did she peruse his threads and his posts to see if he was pretending to be her husband?. I'll bet. No, she went straight into mother lion mode.

She could have and should have PM'd this person and asked them to change their screen name or add a signature stating that they are not the pro player in question. Publically humiliating this person by berating them, yeah, that's real human like.

Better yet, this pros wife should have emailed the administrators and asked them why the heck they allowed that screen name when the pro in question is already a registered user.

Now that makes sense, and that would have been the human thing to do.
You would be surprised at how many people do not know how to send PM's (or even that there is such a thing). It might also interest you to know that people do not know how to search other peoples posts. If you're not used to this software and the way things work, you don't know all of the tools that you can utilize to enhance your experience. As for emailing the admin.... show me how someone that isn't familiar with this forum supposed to find that address. How is she supposed to know what his screen name is and how to locate his address? Even if she had found it, it doesn't work. You cannot email Mike from the link in his profile. I tried it two weeks ago.

If you think someone is doing something illegal (impersonating someone in a fraudulent manner) cutting them slack is not something you would do. As bitter as you are, I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Seeing someone make a mistake because they weren't familiar with something is reason to cut someone some slack.

I'm talking to a freaking brick wall.... again. Some people make it so difficult to stick around here. Did you see what gabesmom said? It's a shame that pro players don't feel comfortable enough to post on the largest pool forum on the internet. Bitter, angry, un-informed, incorrigble people make it impossible for them to enjoy themselves. They spend more time defending themselves against them than they do chatting and helping out the MAJORITY on here that aren't like that.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Bitter, angry, un-informed, incorrigble people make it impossible for them to enjoy.

You mean like JA wife? just another pro player class act, not. They never cease to amaze me. Let's see if she at least has the class to apologize to the poster she called names for no reason.

T

Timberly

macguy said:
You mean like JA wife? just another pro player class act, not. They never cease to amaze me. Let's see if she at least has the class to apologize to the poster she called names for no reason.
Her reasons as stated earlier for being upset is because it could cause her family serious repercussions. :rolleyes:

I give up, you & Nico win. I've said my peace, there's really nothing else for me to say. Regardless of what I say, you guys will still see it from a bitter standpoint and not even try to comprehend how she could've possibly made a mistake. At this point I'm just repeating myself and going back and forth like this serves no purpose.