Klenti Kaci - play faster

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please. Or would pretty please do it?
Its brutal i agree. Tried to watch a couple of his matches and had to turn it off. Matchroom said they were looking into using a shot-clock but apparently they look for clocks as leisurely as Kaci plays.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:yes:
For sure.
(even though as it is until a shot clock is on.....it's none of a railbird's business how long the guy in action takes to shoot.)

railbirds/spectators bring money into the sport, players who play slow drive away spectators, and thus hurt the sport overall imo

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
railbirds/spectators bring money into the sport, players who play slow drive away spectators, and thus hurt the sport overall imo

If a player is in action its nobody's business except him and his opponent.
But if its a tournament with spectators its differrent.
Especially when there's people trying to promote the sport its frustrating for them.
Its also tough on people that draw him that get frustrated having to sit there and wait forever to get back to the table.

I remember Ken Shuman was commentating a Jason Klatt match on Accu-stats.
he was getting so annoyed he went out and started arguing with Klatt about his slow play.
Klatt argued that it wasnt his business or Accu-stats business how he plays. Hes got a point but I think it doesnt just hurt Accu-stats but spectators in general.

I personally found Kaci slower than Klatt. unbearable and yes unwatchable.

In one match his opponent made a statement by putting his coat on while it took Kaci 6 minutes to run 8 open balls
https://youtu.be/M0mO3owUlUY?t=8483

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree, private money game is different, railbird got no say.

I would like to mention though without spectators and interest in the sport there will be less overall money games to be had, I could get way more money games back 15-20 years ago than today. Less spectators, less interest in the sport, less money overall for everyone.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Especially when there's people trying to promote the sport its frustrating for them.
Its also tough on people that draw him that get frustrated having to sit there and wait forever to get back to the table.

I remember Ken Shuman was commentating a Jason Klatt match on Accu-stats.
he was getting so annoyed he went out and started arguing with Klatt about his slow play.
Klatt argued that it wasnt his business or Accu-stats business how he plays. Hes got a point but I think it doesnt just hurt Accu-stats but spectators in general.

I personally found Kaci slower than Klatt. unbearable and yes unwatchable.

In one match his opponent made a statement by putting his coat on while it took Kaci 6 minutes to run 8 open balls

Is it just me, or has he gotten slower?!

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I didn't even know if OP was referencing a money game or touney cause I quit watching him play. Sure he is a great player, but just bores the hell out of me, Id rather watch some old reruns than watch him

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Could you imagine a race to 11 with him and Mike Wong.....?

They would need a Lunch,Dinner,and Breakfast break.......:boring2::boring2::boring2:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Face palm slap since there is no emojis lol...that fella is annoying AF to watch, almost as brutal as watching Strongarm John play :boring2:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it just me, or are all the seats empty in the front rows?

I heard what sounded like two people clapping. His pace is Straight Pool slow, but it seems natural for him to take his time. He is always looking three balls ahead. He may speed up as he gets older and discovers his game will actually improve. There really isn't any reason for him to take so long when he is playing position for a quarter of the table landing spot.

I like the way Maung clapped for him as Kaci got position on the nine ball and got up and conceded at that point.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please. Or would pretty please do it?
I think he'll eventually speed up some as he gets more criticism and more experience. I remember when Sergio Garcia was struggling with his preshot routine on the pro golf tour - regripping his hands for what seemed like a minute or more before every shot. He eventually worked through it, after mounting criticism.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
His pace is indeed quite slow, but we should never forget that we're talking about a very talented 18 year old kid playing for the biggest title there is in pool. We have accepted slow payers like Archer, Souquet or Ko Pin Yi, I see no reason why we can't accept Kaci's pace. Not everybody can play the game like Shaw or Filler.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think people's attention spans are shrinking more and more. It's to the point that a short paragraph in a message gets a comment like "I can't read that novel". It's sad. Anyone saying that he is unwatchable, and should somehow change his game, should really take a look within themselves and change *their* game, mentally. Impatience correlates closely with selfishness, and that too is strongly on the rise. In my book, at the end of the day, a guy playing pool slowly is nowhere near as bad as the whole selfish fidgeting impatience breeding across the country.

People crying over their own lack of maturity and self control that they likely have contempt for in others who have it is a bigger detriment to games like pool than slow play. There are far more self absorbed dim people in the game than slow players.

That said, a shot clock is a reasonable solution.

Kaci seemed to do ok at the US Open.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think people's attention spans are shrinking more and more. It's to the point that a short paragraph in a message gets a comment like "I can't read that novel". It's sad. Anyone saying that he is unwatchable, and should somehow change his game, should really take a look within themselves and change *their* game, mentally. Impatience correlates closely with selfishness, and that too is strongly on the rise. In my book, at the end of the day, a guy playing pool slowly is nowhere near as bad as the whole selfish fidgeting impatience breeding across the country.

People crying over their own lack of maturity and self control that they likely have contempt for in others who have it is a bigger detriment to games like pool than slow play. There are far more self absorbed dim people in the game than slow players.

That said, a shot clock is a reasonable solution.

Kaci seemed to do ok at the US Open.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I just mean that I watched a set of him earlier this year and he was noticeably faster. Not sure what else you typed, too many words.:D