Just put this table out of its misery

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seen at a (very nice) hotel in Santa Monica - why bother having a pool table at all?

Y2HuBhw.jpg

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Did you mention it to the management? Maybe they’re simply not aware how deteriorated the table has become.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Most people just don't know. They don't have any idea how bad of shape the cues are in
and how of shape the cloth is in, and furthermore they don't have any idea how to care
for the cloth or cues. They might have one or two people a year come through there that
knows anything about it. Too bad really, if it's a nice table

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cues don't really need tips. People did fine without them until about 1815.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few slip on tips in my suitcase that I can use In case of an emergency. I see some OK tables in hotels but the sticks have no tip. So I’ll slip on the tip and off I go. I understand that it’s all substandard equipment and Earl would throw a fit, but it’s nice to be able to push the balls around when I’m away from home.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few slip on tips in my suitcase that I can use In case of an emergency. I see some OK tables in hotels but the sticks have no tip. So I’ll slip on the tip and off I go. I understand that it’s all substandard equipment and Earl would throw a fit, but it’s nice to be able to push the balls around when I’m away from home.
Slip on,or roll on?Never thought of using a trojan on a hotel cue.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Cues don't really need tips. People did fine without them until about 1815.

I actually played my first few months of pocket billiards in the Army with aluminum sticks that had already been played with until the tips fell off and the aluminum had peeled back to form a concave surface.

I actually managed to run 3-4 balls with those sticks. Nothing forced you to center ball quicker than a tipless, metal cue.

Short Bus Russ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I actually played my first few months of pocket billiards in the Army with aluminum sticks that had already been played with until the tips fell off and the aluminum had peeled back to form a concave surface.

I actually managed to run 3-4 balls with those sticks. Nothing forced you to center ball quicker than a tipless, metal cue.

Short Bus Russ

Did you play YMCA rules?
“When whitey is froze to a rail, you move it out the width of the cue butt.”