my John Parris Classic cue

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it a while ago and my daily player(when I play every day haha)

cue is real old, 15-20 years or so and dead nuts straight- pretty impressive for cue so thin and long!!!

Changed tip to Kamui Brown (regular, not the snooker 11mm version of kamui) and could not be more happy with it- plays even better.

Hightly recommend to put quality laminated tip on your snooker cue

JP1.jpg

JP2.jpg

JP3.jpg

JP4.jpg

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice classic cue! Man I miss playing snooker.

Get back in the game!! And buy a Parris( I have 2 brand new Parris cues from older stock- about 10 years old sitting in the case, could be for sale, lol)

Last edited:

YBA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get back in the game!! And buy a Parris( I have 2 brand new Parris cues from older stock- about 10 years old sitting in the case, could be for sale, lol)

Lol I have a Parris myself. I haven't played in ages since all the pool halls around my area have pretty much removed every snooker tables.

I'll post pics of my cue this week end.

Cheers

Luc

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol I have a Parris myself. I haven't played in ages since all the pool halls around my area have pretty much removed every snooker tables.

I'll post pics of my cue this week end.

Cheers

Luc

Send me pictures!!

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello....thought you might be interested in seeing the only pool cue in the world (that I know of) that is similar in design to certain of the John Parris snooker cues...it's a beautiful cue, perfectly built of curly maple with a gaboon ebony splice ------->

- Ghost

Attachments

• MY FOSTER RESIZED.jpg
    MY FOSTER RESIZED.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3,246
Last edited:

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello....thought you might be interested in seeing the only pool cue in the world (that I know of) that is similar in design to certain of the John Parris snooker cues...it's a beautiful cue, perfectly built of curly maple with a gaboon ebony splice ------->

- Ghost

who made it, looks intresting

Railbird Hero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my teammates is in a relationship with Johns sister. He went out to meet all the Family in old blighty and John gave my friend Ron a very sleek and sexy Parris snooker cue. I have only played snooker a couple times. When I borrowed his snooker cue and took it into a room with snooker tables, everyone wanted to buy it or they thought I was trying to hustle them.
I think the cues you've posted are pretty special and beautiful.
Im not sure how many people recognize his great work, but when I saw your post I had to reply.
Id also like to wish you a lot of luck in your career search mate. I asked a best mate of mine that we used to coach football (soccer) who works in expense reduction analyst for large companies.
Unfortunately just had some layoffs.
Fingers crossed one of the great forum members might be able to point you into the right direction.
Cheers.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my teammates is in a relationship with Johns sister. He went out to meet all the Family in old blighty and John gave my friend Ron a very sleek and sexy Parris snooker cue. I have only played snooker a couple times. When I borrowed his snooker cue and took it into a room with snooker tables, everyone wanted to buy it or they thought I was trying to hustle them.
I think the cues you've posted are pretty special and beautiful.
Im not sure how many people recognize his great work, but when I saw your post I had to reply.
Id also like to wish you a lot of luck in your career search mate. I asked a best mate of mine that we used to coach football (soccer) who works in expense reduction analyst for large companies.
Unfortunately just had some layoffs.
Fingers crossed one of the great forum members might be able to point you into the right direction.
Cheers.

John sure know how to build a cue, I pretty much stopped playing pool and only practise snooker becasue of this cue.

Thank you for kind words! I really hope I find something in 2-3 week, otherwise I will be homeless and jobless with some cues in my case lol

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JP builds lovely cues, i'm lucky to have one, i wish mine had more use. it will when i move to Europe-thats for sure.

DionBakasushi

Eternal Challenger
Silver Member
Pretty impressive snooker cue you got there .
It's hard for me to find a good snooker cue that fits me without spending a fortune trying out tons of cues .

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had 5 JP cues(both old stuff with red glue and newer cues) and This one is the best I have had, so not gonna be for sale for a looooong time

I dropped it off at local cuemaker shop and he built me extensions for it, I will take pictures shortly- now cue worth even more to since I finally can reach all the shots on the table!

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is how it was done, cuemaker put the insert and left original leather around with I really like, I had cues with just wood and metal on the end it bothered me to put it n the floor, that's the reason I sold bumperless Ca$h pool cue I had- was to careful about cue and could not concentrate on the game

not sure what pin is it but def different from what JP uses nowadays

photo(219).jpg

photo(220).jpg

photo(222).jpg

photo(221).jpg

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it a while ago and my daily player(when I play every day haha)

cue is real old, 15-20 years or so and dead nuts straight- pretty impressive for cue so thin and long!!!

Changed tip to Kamui Brown (regular, not the snooker 11mm version of kamui) and could not be more happy with it- plays even better.

Hightly recommend to put quality laminated tip on your snooker cue

Have had a layered tip on my english pool and snooker cues for years. Nearly 10 years.