Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Race to 100 really is boring. There is zero intensity until a player reaches around 85 or 90.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those odds, money lines, games on the wire and over/under are truly a fantasy.

If anybody likes Shaw for those lines or the over, PM me.

That is while they call it "fantasy lines".
Fantasy lines sound like "sex phone"
mfan.JPG

Are they getting risky by being risque :grin-square:

mr.JPG

Freudian slip. Shaw knows he's the dog in this one.

On a side note, I am gonna play a friend of mine a set of 9b. Anyone want to bet on it? Either side is fine. We, errrr I don't care.

lol
Would be fishy if MMP is also collecting bets
Has there ever been any stable manager/agent putting up match between both his horses?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd also like to comment on these "stables". Come on, do any of you think for a second there are any allegiances to a "stable". Pool players are independent. That is the whole reason they are pool players and don't have a straight job. That is the whole reason pool players can't stand leagues, there is a commitment with leagues of you have to be at location xyz for ijk hours. You can do whatever the hell you want if you are a real pool player. Any of these player in this or other "stables" will sure as shit play any match under the sun if they have a backer, any backer, whether that backer is some random dude off the street or another "stable".

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pinoy players appear to be pretty loyal, a decade ago you had quite a few in the islands that were active.

Domestically, I'd mainly agree with you, though the allegiances seem to be on/off, based on geographical location of the player. Of course, we don't really know where the post comes from.
I'd also like to comment on these "stables". Come on, do any of you think for a second there are any allegiances to a "stable". Pool players are independent. That is the whole reason they are pool players and don't have a straight job. That is the whole reason pool players can't stand leagues, there is a commitment with leagues of you have to be at location xyz for ijk hours. You can do whatever the hell you want if you are a real pool player. Any of these player in this or other "stables" will sure as shit play any match under the sun if they have a backer, any backer, whether that backer is some random dude off the street or another "stable".

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I’m surprised. I have never seen anyone reach a higher gear than SVB in 10 ball.

Filler might be hotter. Chang more consistent. SVB may not be at his peak. But I think he is undisputed champ for big stretches of high level of play with lots of 2-4s in this format.

US Open in VA 2017 final against Kaci with a racker, he shot 9 ball as well as I have ever seen ANY player in any final of any event in my life. Extremely aggressive, accurate and ''in the moment''. Even non pool players would of been amazed. He rolled out to one shot, that any player on the planet in dead stroke would of never taken, Kaci returned the table to him. He cut a ball/sliced/slivered/clipped it with 99% of the cue ball speed left on whitey. Came three rails moving at least 3 balls or more coming off the 3rd rail playing shape, only player that I ever saw shoot shots like this (Roll out days) but not as good was Rempe, he could slice a ball in his prime as well as any player I've ever seen, but Shaw was that much better that day, and he was ''Rolling'' like one only gets to see a few times in their life. That Final was his, the Kaci Up/down/look around time at each shot, had no chance with this moment in time.

Saying that, if someone wants to lay odds, I'll bet on Shaw to win it, EVEN.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
shane vs shaw

US Open in VA 2017 final against Kaci with a racker, he shot 9 ball as well as I have ever seen ANY player in any final of any event in my life. Extremely aggressive, accurate and ''in the moment''. Even non pool players would of been amazed. He rolled out to one shot, that any player on the planet in dead stroke would of never taken, Kaci returned the table to him. He cut a ball/sliced/slivered/clipped it with 99% of the cue ball speed left on whitey. Came three rails moving at least 3 balls or more coming off the 3rd rail playing shape, only player that I ever saw shoot shots like this (Roll out days) but not as good was Rempe, he could slice a ball in his prime as well as any player I've ever seen, but Shaw was that much better that day, and he was ''Rolling'' like one only gets to see a few times in their life. That Final was his, the Kaci Up/down/look around time at each shot, had no chance with this moment in time.

Saying that, if someone wants to lay odds, I'll bet on Shaw to win it, EVEN.

I was ringside for the match. It was something else for sure. Shaw is ranked where he is for a reason.

I'd like to sweat this match and keep it friendly, so how about my $120 on Shane to your $100 on Shaw? I'd rather give up 4-5 games on the wire because I think someone is going to win this match outright and it could go either way, but the betting line isn't even and it's cheap so what's $20, right? Let me know if you want that action and either way have fun watching it like I will!

Island Drive

Silver Member
I was ringside for the match. It was something else for sure. Shaw is ranked where he is for a reason.

I'd like to sweat this match and keep it friendly, so how about my $120 on Shane to your $100 on Shaw? I'd rather give up 4-5 games on the wire because I think someone is going to win this match outright and it could go either way, but the betting line isn't even and it's cheap so what's $20, right? Let me know if you want that action and either way have fun watching it like I will!

Even...I'll do yah one step better since you want a sweat bet.

My $130 on Shane and your $100 on Shaw to ''keep it friendly''

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
confused

Even...I'll do yah one step better since you want a sweat bet.

My $130 on Shane and your $100 on Shaw to ''keep it friendly''

I'm confused. I wanted to bet on SVB. I thought you were wanting to be on Shaw with odds. If you still want Shaw and 6:5 works, let me know, but if you want SVB we're on the same horse!

Island Drive

Silver Member
I'm confused. I wanted to bet on SVB. I thought you were wanting to be on Shaw with odds. If you still want Shaw and 6:5 works, let me know, but if you want SVB we're on the same horse!

I was, but since you felt it was a friendly bet and you wouldn't give me 2-1 on Shaw even, I played your game....I switched horses, to gave you a better payout for Shaw ''to keep it friendly''.

Last edited:

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching shane vs. kazakis from Greece was mind-blowing.

If you mean that race to 50 with Nick Economopoulos, then yes, the gear that Shane hit was amongst the highest I, for one, have ever witnessed on video. It was radical.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
That is while they call it "fantasy lines".
Fantasy lines sound like "sex phone"
View attachment 526661

Are they getting risky by being risque :grin-square:

View attachment 526662

lol
Would be fishy if MMP is also collecting bets
Has there ever been any stable manager/agent putting up match between both his horses?

Ugh. I hate seeing pictures with that Facebook filter thing. No one looks like that. My buddy showed me some fb pictures today actually of this chick we both know. She's a pretty girl but seeing her fb pictures you'd think she's some kind of perfected AI robot. Silly.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was, but since you felt it was a friendly bet and you wouldn't give me 2-1 on Shaw even, I played your game....I switched horses, to gave you a better payout for Shaw ''to keep it friendly''.

Wow, this is stupid. TinMan gives you more than fair odds and you ask for even more. Selfishness to the extreme. No one is giving up 2-1 odds on this match.

If you want to bet, the man made you a fair offer. If you don't want to bet then don't pretend you do. Typical pool room BS...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wow, this is stupid. TinMan gives you more than fair odds and you ask for even more. Selfishness to the extreme. No one is giving up 2-1 odds on this match.

If you want to bet, the man made you a fair offer. If you don't want to bet then don't pretend you do. Typical pool room BS...

This is normal bargaining....if you think 120 to 100 is fair...
...and the counter offer is 130 to 100...
...how fair does the first offer look to you now?

I’ve ended up betting the other way several times because of the prices...
...welcome to the action world

And if you want ‘fair’...keep your money in your pocket

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I'll give up 2 to1 for 30 games. :) pick your side.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a shame Shane can't be more vocal, it would be good for the game. Especially in this format, the trash talk is part of the promotion. Make it like the WWE. When all else fails, (and it has) be outrageous.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a shame Shane can't be more vocal, it would be good for the game. Especially in this format, the trash talk is part of the promotion. Make it like the WWE. When all else fails, (and it has) be outrageous.

That's why Earl was vocal, so was THE MOUTH "Mike Sigel". However nobody liked that, some people even cussed Earl for being that and they wanted him to play silent and sit on his chair and not say a word, back in the days I knew that being vocal is actually good for the game, it needs drama in it to be watchable by people who don't play pool, Earl and Sigel knew that, in fact when they were playing, the audience was much larger, even ESPN was interested in the game due to Earl and his drama, but then again the azbilliards people were complaining about Earl which is to me was so surprising, people here in azbilliards want boring players, no offence but they wanted players like Ralf Soquet who sit still like a statue, which is nice for his opponent, but come on pool doesn't need that, it's boring.

Earl and Sigel were ahead of their time, they knew whats up, azbilliards complainers knew nothing and don't see the big picture.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Earl and Sigel were ahead of their time, they knew whats up, azbilliards complainers knew nothing and don't see the big picture.

I like vocal, but I don't like disrespectful or rude. One can be very vocal without being a piece of **** like Earl.

Sigel, actually, was not very vocal as a competitor, but a persona was created for him in the IPT days to shake things up a bit. Few bought it.

To suggest that Sigel and Earl were vocal for the betterment of their sport is nonsense of the highest order.

Filler, Shaw and Pagulayan are all vocal at the table, and I, for one, totally approve.