KC Custom Cues

BilliardBidz

Auction House Director
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me about KC Custom Cues?

Would like to know a lil about them. I found one thats looks nice and thinking about getting it. Any opinions on the cues?

blbarnett03

Registered
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I dont know much about cues but I do have a friend that bought one. It felt to me to have a solid hit to it. But within 3 days the wrap was falling apart. Maybe this was a isolated incident...
Hope this helps

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
THERE CHEAP IMPORTS......not a collectable.....to have issues with them is hit or miss.....dont pay more than $50 new..:smile:

Can anyone tell me about KC Custom Cues?

Would like to know a lil about them. I found one thats looks nice and thinking about getting it. Any opinions on the cues?

Bad_Karma

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
for the $$ id rather have a Dale Perry....SOLID player and he stands behind them 100%,,,,,i had one i bought on ebay 2 years ago and had some chips in the clear (my fault) and he refinished it NO CHARGE....jus had to ship it back to him! u can usually get one from 100-150 !!!

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought a KC as my first custom cue...very disappointed.

There are a variety of better alternatives

Jason

biggamebob

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a KC cue from Ebay. It has a Southwest style radial pin & hits solid. I have had no issues with the wrap. I bought it hoping my wife would want to start playing. The only issue I found was the ferrule was a little bigger than the shaft. I'm currently having the shaft turned down to a 12.75 & it should come out fine. Also tip looks to be a $30 Morri tip. My total cost from Ebay was less than $100......good luck!

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
They are cheap imports. The eBay seller says they are built by an American cuemaker but that it is a secret as to who, lol. I bought one about 9 years ago off eBay and it was a piece of junk, save your money.

wambamcam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Got one off EBay several years ago and gave it away within days. Thought about reselling it, but would have felt guilty ripping someone else off. It was by far the worst billiards product I've ever spent money on...

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
I had a black sw style one. It hits good but it is a matter of luck. Mine was string and straight. For the same amount get a Palmer. I have a new one bought from the cuemaker himself at BCA finals. The cue IMO hits like every Lucasi or Players or any other low cost. Mine has a 5/16x18 but there are also radials with stronger hit. Change the tip to a Moori or Kamui and you'll have a player. Just my 2cents.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I had a black sw style one. It hits good but it is a matter of luck. Mine was string and straight. For the same amount get a Palmer. I have a new one bought from the cuemaker himself at BCA finals. The cue IMO hits like every Lucasi or Players or any other low cost. Mine has a 5/16x18 but there are also radials with stronger hit. Change the tip to a Moori or Kamui and you'll have a player. Just my 2cents.
Chris

Gene Balner is the cuemaker of the original Palmers. He's not around anymore. The Palmers today are made by Kao Kao, in China. The only two KC's I've had I sold locally, and the people who bought them...love them. No issues on wraps or shafts. I do agree though, the best hitting cue is a radial pin wood-wood joint! However get a Sniper tip, it's simply the best...assuming you like a tip that NEVER mushrooms and holds the chalk well!

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I built KC Custom Cue website maybe 6/7 maybe 8 years ago.. true story... Gave me like 5 cues. They hit OK and played like a Players/Lucasi as other posters mentioned.

... But they aren't custom.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
Hehe...

Gene Balner is the cuemaker of the original Palmers. He's not around anymore. The Palmers today are made by Kao Kao, in China. The only two KC's I've had I sold locally, and the people who bought them...love them. No issues on wraps or shafts. I do agree though, the best hitting cue is a radial pin wood-wood joint! However get a Sniper tip, it's simply the best...assuming you like a tip that NEVER mushrooms and holds the chalk well!

Indeed Randy. Actually, I don;t care who made it, the old man said he is the maker, but he probably fouled me.... The cue hits nice, it has a everest tip by default, and for the amount of money I paid for you can't get more for sure.
Chris

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Indeed Randy. Actually, I don;t care who made it, the old man said he is the maker, but he probably fouled me.... The cue hits nice, it has a everest tip by default, and for the amount of money I paid for you can't get more for sure.
Chris

Kao Kao also made/makes cues for Nick Varner, CueStix, Cuesight, Mike Segal, Sterling, Imperial, J-S, and a famous company in Wisconsin...just to mention a few. Rackem, an AZer, has sold them here too! They're not bad cues for the price.