Votes: 82 47.7%
  • No, they should be banned

Votes: 90 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This is a poll on Jump Cues. Vote Yes to keep them in the game or No to banish them.

So your Poll has not shown anything alarming.

Pool cue companies that make Jump Cues and template racks future's looks bright!

Trent from Toledo

Whats next BREAK CUES??? lol

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So your Poll has not shown anything alarming.

Pool cue companies that make Jump Cues and template racks future's looks bright!

Trent from Toledo

Whats next BREAK CUES??? lol

Pretty close poll. Banish jump cues is winning right now. I have one and can use it, but I think pool is a 2 dimensional game. Watching my instructor hit a 5 rail shot and make the ball is quite amazing. Don't need to know that with a jump cue.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Pretty close poll. Banish jump cues is winning right now. I have one and can use it, but I think pool is a 2 dimensional game. Watching my instructor hit a 5 rail shot and make the ball is quite amazing. Don't need to know that with a jump cue.

You are beating a dead horse.

Jump cues aint going no where and template racks make the TIGHT racks :)

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue should be whether jumping should be allowed or not, not whether or not a specialized stick should be allowed. Yes, it takes more skill to jump with a full cue, but that means people who are able to do so are still escaping good safeties without having to kick, while everyone else has to kick, which it seems to me is the real issue, not how easy the jump is to do.

In golf you have different clubs for different shots. We have specialized break cues for the break. Saying jump sticks have no place in pool when jumping is still a legal shot, makes no sense.

I'm all for not allowing jumping at all, or keeping it the way it is. Either way, it's fair to all players. But if we are going to get rid of specialized sticks for certain shots, then we should all have to break and shoot with the same cue, and we shouldn't allow adding/removing extensions during the match.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue should be whether jumping should be allowed or not, not whether or not a specialized stick should be allowed. Yes, it takes more skill to jump with a full cue, but that means people who are able to do so are still escaping good safeties without having to kick, while everyone else has to kick, which it seems to me is the real issue, not how easy the jump is to do.

In golf you have different clubs for different shots. We have specialized break cues for the break. Saying jump sticks have no place in pool when jumping is still a legal shot, makes no sense.

I'm all for not allowing jumping at all, or keeping it the way it is. Either way, it's fair to all players. But if we are going to get rid of specialized sticks for certain shots, then we should all have to break and shoot with the same cue, and we shouldn't allow adding/removing extensions during the match.

Stan Shuffet has a video showing what I am going to point out next.

On many shots the cue ball leaves the surface of the table legally (not from scooping or mis cuing). By what you suggest many standard pool shots would not be allowed aka fouls.

Just a thought...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Stan Shuffet has a video showing what I am going to point out next.

On many shots the cue ball leaves the surface of the table legally (not from scooping or mis cuing). By what you suggest many standard pool shots would not be allowed aka fouls.

Just a thought...

Snooker handles the no jumping in a sane manner...
...you are not allowed to jump over an INTERVENING ball.

But I don’t think I’d like that rule on the small table...it would seem nitty.

BTW...I voted for no jump cues...many versions have already been outlawed.
“Jump with the cue you’re playing with” works for me

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
uh oh, how the tides have turned. Not that its gonna make any difference. Mostly wasted everyones time. I am still laughing about the "dead horse" emojii!!!!

Trent from Toledo

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
hahahahahaha

Keeping jump cues in the game is winning right now. Poll is open for 30 days. Too bad only just over 100 are voting. If you have not voted, please do so. I allow it and do it on my table but it does leave a white spot on the cloth. It doesn't harm anything but it's there forever.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If this is your offering to humanity, you better re-think it. No one cares :) You have to know this right? Are you really that bored?

What are your expectations of all of this? You really think any pool promoters or leagues are going to change because of this ? REALITY BRO, you need a check.

Not being mean, being REAL. :)

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Why did you change your name on here? Because of all the drama with your rails and some mystery mechanic? From the pictures I saw it looked like YOU did all the hacking on those rails. From the finish to the "upholstery" LOL.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Keeping jump cues in the game is winning right now. Poll is open for 30 days. Too bad only just over 100 are voting....

This poll is flawed. As it sits, the "Keep" votes does not accurately reflect the 'true sentiment of players'. The "Keep" column needs correction to account for voters who benefit from their sales, and are voting on self-interest. I'll go out on limb and say it's minus -20%.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker handles the no jumping in a sane manner...
...you are not allowed to jump over an INTERVENING ball.

But I don’t think I’d like that rule on the small table...it would seem nitty.

BTW...I voted for no jump cues...many versions have already been outlawed.
“Jump with the cue you’re playing with” works for me

I'm good either way as long as it's the rules. I was only referring to the "hop a cue ball makes on some strokes which could be (but shouldn't imo) a "jump"...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You are beating a dead horse.

Jump cues aint going no where and template racks make the TIGHT racks :)

:deadhorse:

Just thought I’d make Trent’s day.....

03A900C2-A202-4E29-8827-CC074D4CF1C6.jpeg

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you define a jump cue

My question is..how do you define a jump cue?

Really, not trying to be profound..actually curious on how a jump cue is defined in tournaments which have the stipulation 'no jump cues'?

Do people try to circumvent this rule with particular types of break cues that may have really light or somewhat shorter butts?

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is..how do you define a jump cue?

Really, not trying to be profound..actually curious on how a jump cue is defined in tournaments which have the stipulation 'no jump cues'?

Do people try to circumvent this rule with particular types of break cues that may have really light or somewhat shorter butts?
Years back before I quit in 2009 there was a 12 oz "Break" cue. Think it was called the https://www.billiardwarehouse.com//cues/jump_break/lightning-jump-break.htm. One of my friends (from Boston area) had one. Jumped well and I think broke ok too...

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump cues dumb down the game. Skill should be rewarded. I voted no on jump cues.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it should be a two dimensional game as some others say. But will it really help the state of pool if they were banned? No. In fact, jump shots probably add (though very little) to getting more lay people interested.

Also, I think the people kind of spazzing out on this question are in the wrong. This is a pool forum. People are not out here to discuss 'real life' problems..but to bring up pool stuff.

And get off your libertarian instincts...they are talking about the rules of a game...no one is trying to take your guns or drugs away. The analogy is completely ridiculous.