Ignor list

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I grew up in Brooklyn after WWII.......moved to CA when I was 30......still out on the West Coast.
The greening of America started in NYC.......Ellis Island.......the Entry Point For Immigration.
When and where I grew up, my neighborhood was a melting pot of sorts for all types of ethnicities.

You either got along or there was blood spilled.....the neighborhood street gangs of the 50's & 60's.
Fights were fought for the dumbest, most stupid reasons......sometimes the Forum reminds me of that.
Too much machismo & testosterone seemingly comes into play with posts & threads go downhill fast.

It's all good, but for the record this thread was just a few guys harmlessly joking around until you posted your " report " post. Just saying.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, when you really look at the things we whine about and compare them to the challenges others have overcome...we got it pretty dam good.

I grew up in Brooklyn after WWII.......moved to CA when I was 30......still out on the West Coast.
The greening of America started in NYC.......Ellis Island.......the Entry Point For Immigration.
When and where I grew up, my neighborhood was a melting pot of sorts for all types of ethnicities.

You either got along or there was blood spilled.....the neighborhood street gangs of the 50's & 60's.
Fights were fought for the dumbest, most stupid reasons......sometimes the Forum reminds me of that.
Too much machismo & testosterone seemingly comes into play with posts & threads go downhill fast.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's The Situation.......

Please....pleez do not misconstrue my motives for composing this reply.

On the Forum, occasionally members will step out of line from time to time. When that happens and there's a response from others to a thread or post, the OP reacts and pretty much all of us have witnessed how things escalate. If we were speaking face to face with one another like at a pool hall, humor is easily discerned. You know when people tug on your trousers to tease you. However the written word is powerful and true motives and identities are hidden.Cowards can behave like lions and lions can behave like lambs but their true identities never change. They still remain whom they basically are and they use comedy as a curtain to hide behind.

Unfortunately comedy has been used down through the age as a disguise. I am not accusing you or anyone else of that so I do hope no one will infer that from this very post and I am not implying anything either. And asking the Mods to look at something before it gets out of hand is not running to the teacher for being teased in the school yard. Comedy has been used all too often to disguise prejudicial feelings and opinions that if stated plainly in broad daylight would arouse a different reaction.

In other words, comedy is absolutely a way of poking fun at something but it's also a way of broadcasting or promoting a different agenda than just humor. That's why "racial jokes" are so objectionable and deserve being condemned or comedy intended to poke fun at the LBGT community. or jokes about Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, etc. Comedy has been used over the years to disguise hate and sometimes it's not easily spotted because the comedic effort makes one chuckle. Again, comedy is often used to hide, but at the same time share, one's true underlying feelings about someone or something. So no, I do not take comedy lightly. That's like the bullshit that happened in the 50's, and 60's. You get called out and the reaction was always...."Hey, it was all in fun.", "I was just horsing around and teasing: I didn't mean anything by it."' "Can't you even take a joke, I was just ribbing you.". But in truth, when confronted, the bullies back pedal fast and the prejudice gets taken off the table....temporarily....but it always returns as our nation's history and my own life experience confirms. Comedy is a coward's way of saying what they don't have the brass to state in a public forum so instead make fun of it to diminish the issue, person or event. Again, I do not believe anyone is doing that within this thread and all I am saying is comedy has been proven countless times to disguise one's real feelings about something.. And whenever I see anyone stepping out of line, I am reporting the person or thread.

Some people are going to come off saying "Who appointed you an unofficial moderator on the Forum?" and my retort is "One does not have to be a cop to report a crime." If I was acting as a Moderator, I'd been warning people about their bad behavior and implying I had some authority on The Forum I really do not possess. Another group will label me a "Soup Nazi" on the Forum but labels don't bother me at all. And I am not denying anyone anything like the Soup Nazi's refusal to serve you for not following his rules. What bothers me is that the Forum has been going downhill and it started about 2-3 years ago to my recollection and when I see bad behavior by others right now.....it infuriates me and when the bad behavior is directed towards me, I never get mad but I always get even. If you act out of line and break the Forum rules, I will let the Mods know. The Forum needs to be a self-policing community so the Mods don't have to look for the violators but instead judge the reported offense(s). I believe calling their attention to these instances is in the Forum's best long term interest. If the offending party really hasn't stepped out of line, nothing will come of it and sometimes just a canon ball's splash across a ship's bow is all that;s needed is to correct bad navigational habits and no one suffers.

I was banned for bad behavior in the past and I deserved it. There are others on the Forum behaving as badly as I did and much, much worse and they tend to get away with it until detected. Every member of the Forum is part of a unofficial kinetic detection system for reporting Forum violations......I am just saying it needs to get activated and put into use so if you spot someone misbehaving, report the post. I am absolutely certain that I am on a lot of radar screens and some may accuse me of pontificating or hypocrisy, etc...blah, blah, blah....enuf already, just report all offenders, which naturally applies to me as well, and this place will become a better community.

Matt B.

p.s. Matthew Brennan (Fresno, CA)

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I really do not think it's prudent nor the proper thing to cite Azers that go out of their way to dump on threads,
The AZ handles are pretty well known & spend enough time around these parts and it's hard not to encounter.
It's like offering yourself up as bait to name them & I no longer have tolerance to indulge their crap that starts.
I'd like to see some Azers.banned for awhile like a 6 months time out...a year...or even permanently if need be.
This doesn't have to happen because all it takes is a better attitude on their behalf and a lot more civil behavior.

Matt B.

But then again some threads just beg to be dumping grounds.........

JC

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What puzzles me is that some cuemakers and such say they left because of all the negative stuff over here on AZ, yet they still hang out on another forum where foul language and a free for all mentality exists. I do not like the viscous pack mentality that we seem to have here on AZ often, but at least moderators ban people once in a while for being so rude.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What puzzles me is that some cuemakers and such say they left because of all the negative stuff over here on AZ, yet they still hang out on another forum where foul language and a free for all mentality exists. I do not like the viscous pack mentality that we seem to have here on AZ often, but at least moderators ban people once in a while for being so rude.

Thankfully most of the people/members are here are very cool.

I think the problem is that sometimes it looks like the Moderators are treating some of these lame-brained
Azers on the equivalent of ignore. Why & how they get away with their aserbic comments is beyond me.
Suspend 'em all if need be but allow and encourage civility and decorum to return to the Forum soon.

The solution is report every AZer that posts objectionable posts. The Forum Rules are very simple & lucid.
Don't stop reporting them either. Every time they break the Forum Rules, just report everyone, including me.
There's about a dozen Azers on my watch list for Rules Abuse and they regularly do it and I report them.
It is the only way the Mods have a chance of helping make the Forum a better place for everyone to enjoy.

Matt

If there are mods on this site, then either there is not enough of them, or they just do not care (or mind) many of the nasty and rude things that get posted.

Step 1 - Go re-read OP's thread.
Step 2 - Go re-read your own thread.
Step 3 - Explain how your comment has anything to do with OP's thread.

If you do not have a good reply, then why reply?

I did read it, and then a read a lot of the replies (many that were not very nice). It is the replies that I am talking about (not the OP's original post). All that I read are a bunch of jokes and rude replies. How many of you actually agree with what the OP posted?

Bava, I read and re-read the thread trying to figure out which post (s) you where referencing and I'll be honest I'm still coming up with zilch. If you would, could you please at least give us a clue to what exactly you are referring to? Thanks!

The best I could come up with is this is some cue buyer/seller/trader/maker type of thing? If I'm way off please lmk and elaborate. Thanks again!

It is about all of the "troll" replies that have nothing to do with what the OP posted, and all of the nasty replies too.

I really do not think it's prudent nor the proper thing to cite Azers that go out of their way to dump on threads,
The AZ handles are pretty well known & spend enough time around these parts and it's hard not to encounter.
It's like offering yourself up as bait to name them & I no longer have tolerance to indulge their crap that starts.
I'd like to see some Azers.banned for awhile like a 6 months time out...a year...or even permanently if need be.
This doesn't have to happen because all it takes is a better attitude on their behalf and a lot more civil behavior.

Matt B.

I agree with everything you said.

So you ask for civility and decorum while calling others names (which is against the rules, by the way, so report yourself). Then state that you are going behind others backs to tattle on them, but don't have the fortitude to to tell them to their "face".

Please make a list of all things YOU find objectionable, so we can all make sure not to post on any of them.

Maybe he is just saying that AZ members should be nice and respectful to the OP's threads.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
If you are seeing this.......... you are not on my ignore list............LOL.

let's just have a happy day and use the forum for sharing information and ideas as it was intended ..............

Kim

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I never hold a grudge on here, if we disagree, we disagree, I don't remember who I argued with.
Next post we may agree 100%

There is not a single person on here who I dislike, I may dislike their opinion on some subjects just as they dislike mine, but, it's not the person.

I look at it as "posting at their words" not at the person, if that makes sense. And for those I have p!$$&@ off, it's not personal. I would help you in the middle of the argument if I was able to.
Jason

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never hold a grudge on here, if we disagree, we disagree, I don't remember who I argued with.
Next post we may agree 100%

There is not a single person on here who I dislike, I may dislike their opinion on some subjects just as they dislike mine, but, it's not the person.

I look at it as "posting at their words" not at the person, if that makes sense. And for those I have p!$$&@ off, it's not personal. I would help you in the middle of the argument if I was able to.
Jason

Good to know after the reply you gave me...:rolleyes:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
fd99d012115f3717485b030fef023453.jpg