An Exact Aim Point For English

Jagr Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exact aim point for English...

Have you ever had the misfortune of listening to this guy's constant blather on Upstate Al's streaming videos...?? If so, that should be all you need to draw a rational conclusion on his lengthy diatribe about his new-found aiming system...!!!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I don't know if this has anything to do with [whatever the OP is talking about], but there is a (well known) way to measure exactly where to hit the CB in order to give it just the right amount of outside english to exactly eliminate throw for any cut angle ("gearing" english). It also works for contact with the table surface and rails.

Simply put, you visualize the point on the CB exactly opposite the CB's contact point with the OB, surface or rail, then offset your tip to hit the CB 2/5 of the distance from its center to that opposite point. I believe the sidespin amount is calibrated for a sliding CB from fairly close.

pj
chgo

Measuring Running English.jpg

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I don't get is how players who already can make a ton of shots with spin or whatever need to verify that something works. They already miss very little how is anyone to know if anything new helped them.

The test is to grab a group of bad players, show them the method and live on camera have them execute the shots using their equipment with various shots.

I am not going to watch a guy that ran run 6 racks of 9 ball or 150 balls in straight pool tell us what a great new thing something is that helped them. Hi, my name is SVB, before I started the aim to win system I only won 56 events last year, now after the system I won 57, it's a miracle!

Now if APA Joe that is a 3 that we know is a 3 in a week is shooting like a 5 or a 6, that is something. Or better yet a guy stuck at a B level for years and in a week is shooting like an A after some new thing, that is something too.

But either way, we can't out-run the nuts on the laws of physics or human variables, so anyone that things they found the secret of aiming with spin is simply mistaken with what they found. At best it will work for them some of the time using their cue and a few others that shoot the exact same way.

Last edited:

eddiethelock

Locksmith
Silver Member
Have you ever had the misfortune of listening to this guy's constant blather on Upstate Al's streaming videos...?? If so, that should be all you need to draw a rational conclusion on his lengthy diatribe about his new-found aiming system...!!!

your mom loves my voice mary

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I don't get is how players who already can make a ton of shots with spin or whatever need to verify that something works. They already miss very little how is anyone to know if anything new helped them.

The test is to grab a group of bad players, show them the method and live on camera have them execute the shots using their equipment with various shots.

I am not going to watch a guy that ran run 6 racks of 9 ball or 150 balls in straight pool tell us what a great new thing something is that helped them. Hi, my name is SVB, before I started the aim to win system I only won 56 events last year, now after the system I won 57, it's a miracle!

Now if APA Joe that is a 3 that we know is a 3 in a week is shooting like a 5 or a 6, that is something. Or better yet a guy stuck at a B level for years and in a week is shooting like an A after some new thing, that is something too.

But either way, we can't out-run the nuts on the laws of physics or human variables, so anyone that things they found the secret of aiming with spin is simply mistaken with what they found. At best it will work for them some of the time using their cue and a few others that shoot the exact same way.

This is right. Getting a world class shot maker like Tony is the last thing you would do to show an aiming systems merit. How about this I'll challenge this "lock artist" to see whos aiming system works best, get some APA 2-3's.
P.S.
In this case I'M the lock artist.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm about done with waitin.. If you are a serious pool player and someone discovers something that no one has seen, you better be damn sure you're gonna find out and pay attention. You all seen it before and acted accordingly. Someone sets up a shot and demonstrates and gets a crowd. Then find yourself trying it at some time later on. Correct? After talking to some top names in pool I asked the question "has anyone ever found an exact aim point for english"?. No, No and No were the replies. So now it must be about betting to get some attention here. I'm layin 5-1 that I've discovered an exact point to dead center of the pocket for EVERY level of english. Just to reassure you that I didn't pull it out of thin air. I made an error using Stan Shuffett's Pro-One CTE and found this. Would be very challenging for a player to switch over to this different technique after all the years they have in on their style of play, but a brand new player after learning to hit the ball straight will do inside english in the first week, comfortably. That doesn't concern me anymore switching my approach and technique but it took me some time with trust and amazement, I've been on this for over five years. Real tired of waiting for acknowledgement on this. With all due respect to the man, I ran out to Tony Roble's home last year to explain and within the first five minutes I instructed him to shoot a shot the way I say. His reply (on a sick cut shot) was "Wow, I just made that shot twice in a row". Impressed him but he a busy man, but after hearing that and seeing how he reacted it got his attention. I'm not waiting another week, month, year. The betting window is open and the line is 5-1 and if you have no balls on the 5-1, I'll give you 10-1.. I'm looking for a HOF/Top Player to endorse this and they will compensated well. A world beater, who's word will be solid . If no one ever found an aim point, and I'm claiming I did, wouldn't you like to know wtf it is? Danny Barouty told me at a long time ago, "sell it cheap" sell it for ten dollars, but don't release it until you get 2000 subscribers,that way you get compensated and not robbed. Someone with enough pull to get 2000 people. Guessin that's the move. That's what's on the table, right out in the open. Tony was chosen as an endorser because we go back over 40 years and would be one of the most trusted and a great friend. He's gonna take a good hard look again and validate it or walk and may it may make it's debut at another HoF'ers booth at the expo. The example of the shot i gave to Tony is worth a hundred alone... just the one! One example of it with witnesses at Derby City was shooting a ball up the long rail that is frozen on the lower first diamond (a sick cut) but,,, over 28 times in a row, was on a roll for 30-40 in a row but was interrupted by a guy that wanted to know how I was doing it. i asked him to wait cause I was on a big run and I missed the next shot, that along with multiple of 10 and over at other rooms. Didn't get your attention yet? It has taken me serious time and trust issues on this but after it is all said and done, it's dead in the hole, center of pocket beyond belief. Just like Pro-One, you will never hit the center of the pocket better, not even with ball in hand. This would be most beneficial to players already using CTE. You would fall into a shot and then after your pivot you would move over to my system. The most incredible thing about it is how really simple it is. I'm in awe that I've discovered it, after all the years of this game in existence? So many here bust my chops everywhere I go and I give it right back in all fun. Break my chops all you want on this but bet some first if you wanna chirp from here on out. I've contacted a couple of well respected people on this and got enough positive feedback that it's on. If you hear it from them in the very near future, take note..
i didnt read your post
paragraphs and spaces to your post would help

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5-1 on an idea, that is about done with waiting. Add in ee cummings, upstate al, and a your mama insult. One shot alone that could’ve been sold to tony for $100.

All we need is some bad spelling and confusing grammar and this’ll blow up to sixty pages like the js 626 thread!

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if this has anything to do with [whatever the OP is talking about], but there is a (well known) way to measure exactly where to hit the CB in order to give it just the right amount of outside english to exactly eliminate throw for any cut angle ("gearing" english). It also works for contact with the table surface and rails.

Simply put, you visualize the point on the CB exactly opposite the CB's contact point with the OB, surface or rail, then offset your tip to hit the CB 2/5 of the distance from its center to that opposite point. I believe the sidespin amount is calibrated for a sliding CB from fairly close.

pj
chgo

View attachment 541857

How does this factor in speed of the hit? Hitting the cb hard increases deflection and decreases the effect of English on the ob. Vice versa hitting it soft. Sounds like when someone has a fool proof aiming system for kicks and banks but doesn't address shot speed. Useless imo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How does this factor in speed of the hit? Hitting the cb hard increases deflection and decreases the effect of English on the ob. Vice versa hitting it soft. Sounds like when someone has a fool proof aiming system for kicks and banks but doesn't address shot speed. Useless imo
If the cue ball is spinning with just the right amount of outside side spin that there is no left-right rubbing on the object ball, the speed makes no difference and the object ball is not thrown to the left or right. It is sent exactly along the ideal cut line as for the ideal ghost ball aiming system. In fact, if there is a skid, the cut angle is not changed.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the cue ball is spinning with just the right amount of outside side spin that there is no left-right rubbing on the object ball, the speed makes no difference and the object ball is not thrown to the left or right. It is sent exactly along the ideal cut line as for the ideal ghost ball aiming system. In fact, if there is a skid, the cut angle is not changed.

Correct, "gearing english," right? You might've even coined that term, I remember reading Byrnes book back in the day, or that might've been on Dave's site. But I'm saying even if you know the exact part of the cb to hit for the English you want, and have the aim point on the ob you desire, if you hit the cb ridiculously hard, you will have a lot of deflection and even if you account for that deflection, the speed kills the action of the English. So unless I'm missing something, just saying, "hit the cb here and you'll hit the ob where you want with gearing english," will not work out for varying shot speeds. But you've proven me wrong before so maybe I am missing something

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Correct, "gearing english," right? You might've even coined that term, I remember reading Byrnes book back in the day, or that might've been on Dave's site. But I'm saying even if you know the exact part of the cb to hit for the English you want, and have the aim point on the ob you desire, if you hit the cb ridiculously hard, you will have a lot of deflection and even if you account for that deflection, the speed kills the action of the English. So unless I'm missing something, just saying, "hit the cb here and you'll hit the ob where you want with gearing english," will not work out for varying shot speeds. But you've proven me wrong before so maybe I am missing something
No, the aim for side spin shots always vary according to speed. That's one of the facts that make many systems run off the rails.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, Ed, I for one am interested to see what you’ve discovered. I’m more interested to see if it is new as you say. The last four or five posters who had a brand new concept on here simply didn't realize that it has already been done before (Precision Aiming, Rotation 8-ball, etc.).

For example when Hal Houle introduced the tern “Backhand English,” the Aim&Pivot Method had already been around for ten or twenty years earlier (I’d already incorporated in my game by that time), and a diagram of the same concept existed some hundred years earlier.

Freddie <~~~ like Farmer’s Insurance