Pool accessories you will never buy again

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might’have spelled that wrong but U know what I mean. That piece of crap Ob Produced

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm amazed the Sardo rack isn't in here yet. A buddy bought one and it just did not work unless your table was perfectly trained to start with. If your table is perfectly trained to start with, why do you need a special rack?

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is something that I lost that I would buy again. It was a tip pick tool that was in a head

of a bolt. Pretty awesome compared to the tip-pik. I traded my good ol' Earl Strickland 20+

years ago for 15 of them. Gave them all away for Christmas, kept one...that I lost. Anyone

ever see something like this? Or was it just a dream...

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Porper mushroom grazer
Porper tip burnisher

if you mean the one with a screw to set tip height, it's brilliant. people borrow mine all the time

i guess my answer is a chinese knockoff of the sandman tip shaper. the pattern of the metal points was all wrong so all it does is gently massage the leather

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any tip tool for use while at the table other than the Cue Shark tip tool I managed to get a while back. I've tried nearly every tip tool on the market, past and present, and the Cue Shark does everything I need while at the pool room.

Also...any expensive chalk. I like em and most work fine, but why pay more when Master is more than good enough.

WinterArcher

Registered
Pocket Reducers.

My Brunswick Randolph had huge pockets so I bought a set of pocket reducers to help sharpen my game.

Pretty much worthless as the "rubber" made for some very strange action if one grazed them.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My experience it was a Gift from a Friend did two out of 5 things OK, as far a removing Mushroom it actually removed two Tips, scratched Ferrels, and I gave it away.

MY GO TOO IS:

1. 220 Sand Paper

2. Dime Willard

3. Porpor Mushroom Tool

4. Tip Tapper

5. Master Green.

5 is use most, 1 is for roughting up, 3 is used PRN, 4 & 2 get used the least.

This mushroom grazer... Proper Little Shaver?
I never had much luck with it, especially with layered tips.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200226-114147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-114147_Chrome.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 248

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back in the 1990s, Master chalk made a two-piece rubber chalk holder. You'd place the chalk in one box and then slip a second box over top that had a hold in the top so you could use the chalk to chalk your tip. Worthless unless you took a pen knife to the top to cut away more of the opening.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I use the Porper Mushroom Tool, everytime I put a shaft away after play, guess I killing the start of any mushroom before it grow to be a problem.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
My king cobra snake re-worked rails for my gold crown. Playing on this gold crown with no rails is an absolute *****.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Pocket Reducers.

My Brunswick Randolph had huge pockets so I bought a set of pocket reducers to help sharpen my game.

Pretty much worthless as the "rubber" made for some very strange action if one grazed them.

I have them and I think they are great.

Not exactly meant for playing games with them in... they are incredible for working on accuracy.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Pocket Reducers.

I have them and I think they are great.

Not exactly meant for playing games with them in... they are incredible for working on accuracy.

Exactly, its a training tool. Training being the key word.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm amazed the Sardo rack isn't in here yet. A buddy bought one and it just did not work unless your table was perfectly trained to start with. If your table is perfectly trained to start with, why do you need a special rack?

If you watch pro matches from the early 2000’s you’ll see that every time a tournament is using the Sardo Rack, it was Carmine Sardo himself doing the racking. Made me suspicious that the rack must be a pain to use.

Later I heard that yes indeed the instructions tell you to tap all the balls in place to train your cloth (like your cloth is a magic rack template). So the Sardo Rack is just a $100 tool to make the balls fall into your pre-trained holes. Geez.