1890 Brunswick Challenge Project

linxhack

Registered
Hello All:

I have an 1890 Brunswick Challenge that has been in our family for 30 years. I am currently bringing it back to original condition and have (many) questions.

First question, is at some point in its life most of the ivory diamonds have been dug out. Does anyone know where I can find replacements in “the good stuff”?

Second, at some point in its life someone has exchanged the legs with another model. I’ve found someone online willing to sell me the original legs for $1000 does this seem fair? Seems high to me.

Last, for this post, any recommendations for replacement rail bolt covers and name plate? I hate buying off of eBay.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses.

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This table??? If so I have seen the whole table for less than $1k.
Good luck.

TFT

challenger-01.jpg

Hello All:

I have an 1890 Brunswick Challenge that has been in our family for 30 years. I am currently bringing it back to original condition and have (many) questions.

First question, is at some point in its life most of the ivory diamonds have been dug out. Does anyone know where I can find replacements in “the good stuff”?

Second, at some point in its life someone has exchanged the legs with another model. I’ve found someone online willing to sell me the original legs for $1000 does this seem fair? Seems high to me.

Last, for this post, any recommendations for replacement rail bolt covers and name plate? I hate buying off of eBay.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses.

Ben

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch this video and then see if you can get contact info for Joe Newell as he is probably the best possible source for info on Brunswick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg-uopX7Snc

^^^^^^^^^^
This is your best bet.

He should have the bolt covers and bolts if any of yours have heads kind of stripped out.

Classic Billiards can supply bolts, and other sundries to match. Possibly legs but??????

Oh and there's another guy in Clay Center KS doing the same thing. He comes out of the Newell shop then went out on his own.
It's all good too between businesses.

Last edited:

linxhack

Registered
Just got covers and plate from Classic and they are perfect. Ken and Derrick have been helping me out.

Thanks!