AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs Classifieds FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Brunswick Gold Crown III
Old
  (#1)
HaiNhi
AzB Silver Member
HaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Brunswick Gold Crown III - 11-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Greetings everyone.

If Iím not mistaken, GC (from 3 and up maybe?) pool tables are pretty well respected for their construction, right?

Howís you think the GC3 carom table construction stack up with other brands?

I just picked one up, disassembled. And it looks pretty solid with 3Ēx5Ē beams.

My other Olhausen tables are all in glued/screwed up as a box so they are ridged. The GC3 are 2 leg assemblies with 2 beams and some cross members that need to bolted together. I wonder how solid GC3 frame is afterwards.

What type of wood is it? To me, aprons look like solid walnut, leg wraps are solid lamination at ends while theyíre thin veneer in the middle, all walnut I hope? Rail tops are laminate unfortunately (durable but canít be refinished like real wood).

I noticed some European made brands (I only saw the frames from Jimar, Cheviollette, and Gabriels) have steel I-beams and metal legs. So no question these setups are super strong for the super thick slates.

My GC3 table is missing its original set of slates. Iíll try to get a set of thick slates (60mm or something). If anyone knows of a good source, please advice as well.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
coalcracker
AzB Bronze Member
coalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond reputecoalcracker has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2018, 08:15 AM

You might try calling Mark Gregory, 770-548-4292, or leave him a message at www.perfectpocketz.com. He knows everything Gold Crowns and my have, or be able to find you some slates. He just restored my GC 1 and did an phenomenal job.

Last edited by coalcracker; 11-07-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Old
  (#3)
perfectpocketz
AzB Silver Member
perfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiNhi View Post
Greetings everyone.

If Iím not mistaken, GC (from 3 and up maybe?) pool tables are pretty well respected for their construction, right?

Howís you think the GC3 carom table construction stack up with other brands?

I just picked one up, disassembled. And it looks pretty solid with 3Ēx5Ē beams.

My other Olhausen tables are all in glued/screwed up as a box so they are ridged. The GC3 are 2 leg assemblies with 2 beams and some cross members that need to bolted together. I wonder how solid GC3 frame is afterwards.

What type of wood is it? To me, aprons look like solid walnut, leg wraps are solid lamination at ends while theyíre thin veneer in the middle, all walnut I hope? Rail tops are laminate unfortunately (durable but canít be refinished like real wood).

I noticed some European made brands (I only saw the frames from Jimar, Cheviollette, and Gabriels) have steel I-beams and metal legs. So no question these setups are super strong for the super thick slates.

My GC3 table is missing its original set of slates. Iíll try to get a set of thick slates (60mm or something). If anyone knows of a good source, please advice as well.

Thanks.
Looks as thou the top of the frame on the long sides of the frame are missing the top part of the frame. Look at the short end pieces of the frame and notice the top of the frame on the been.
Thatís why it was disassembled when you picked it up.
We have spoken before, call me.
Thank
Mark Gregory

Old
  (#4)
HaiNhi
AzB Silver Member
HaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2018, 03:37 PM

Thanks both.

Mark, yes indeed. They couldnít locate those pieces. Itís my friendís pool hall. Things got thrown out before I knew about it. . Haha, now itís at my expense to get the frame finished and new slates.

Old
  (#5)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-08-2018, 10:37 PM

You'd better think about some other slates, there's no way you're going to support 30mm slates on that frame and keep it level.

Old
  (#6)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 06:25 AM

Interesting that it looks like it has a GC I/II frame. But the rails and aprons are definitely GC III.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: