NEW pool room - Key West

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you don't know the difference between an apple and an orange do you! How would your pool room do without the 5 Diamonds? If you answer just fine, then why did you buy them?

We would have 25k more in the bank. Business would be no better or worse. I wanted to get Diamonds in Syracuse and we did it. The better players love them and many old timers have come to like them.

I bought a slate top bumper pool table for the same reason...cause we can.

We are in for a real decline in this game in the next 10 to 15 years as more old timers move to the great pool hall in the sky. Very hard to grow this game locally. At least making serious plsyers. It is a fringe sport.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 324

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And just so you're aware, what YOU would do, does NOT speak for what OTHERS have done....does it?

If my friend jumped of a cliff would I?
No.

I can tell you this. The prior owner of my pool room had 3 times the busines I do and I made about the same in profit on the other end. You gotta stick to what works and forget the rest.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw earlier the snake was asking for a ticket to send him 6,000 miles. I say we have another benefit for him and send him to Damascus, that''s about 6,000 miles away...bet we raise more money this time.

Seriously dude, enough of blowing your own horn on someone else's thread. You're doing a disservice to your industry with all the chest pumping. We get it, you're the tallest midget. Now move on and let this guy tell the AZB folks about the new room opening in his town so we can support it if we happen to be down South.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I saw earlier the snake was asking for a ticket to send him 6,000 miles. I say we have another benefit for him and send him to Damascus, that''s about 6,000 miles away...bet we raise more money this time.

Seriously dude, enough of blowing your own horn on someone else's thread. You're doing a disservice to your industry with all the chest pumping. We get it, you're the tallest midget. Now move on and let this guy tell the AZB folks about the new room opening in his town so we can support it if we happen to be down South.
Such novel words coming from someone like you, but still meaningless in the grand scheme of things!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been to the Key's many times, never to the Garden of Eden but I did step into the old Atlantic Club, which is/was similar to Garden of Eden.

I did an early morning tarpon trip one year with some overly religious friends in Key West. We came in for lunch before heading offshore in the afternoon and I tricked them into walking upstairs at the Garden. They immediately went to the window to look off the balcony without noticing the folks glued to the bar. It was the full moon in June so I mean literally glued to the barstool. And it's never the hot sorority girls, or if they were they graduated 50 years ago!

The look on their faces when they realized what was happening was priceless..

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Rock on shortly!

The thing that I noticed the most in my trips to FL, was it seemed to me like nobody but old people, and their parents seem to live in FL....how old are you?....I could be wrong, but you sound like about 12yrs old!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing that I noticed the most in my trips to FL, was it seemed to me like nobody but old people, and their parents seem to live in FL....how old are you?....I could be wrong, but you sound like about 12yrs old!

That was you at the Garden!

I've received a few PM's gramps, won't be any problem getting your ticket to Damascus booked. I assume coach is good since your feet won't hit the ground either way. Be sure to take some glue, I doubt they need MSDS sheets over there.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Who knows, I might just be the smartest guy in the room! Any one of you know of one single table on the market today that can match what my customer can do with this one???? All I hear is birds chirping....figure, I guess I need to find another room to stand in!!!

With the size of your head you should always have your own room:thumbup: hope you're doing good.
Jason

realkingcobra

Silver Member
With the size of your head you should always have your own room:thumbup: hope you're doing good.
Jason
I'm working on that, when the room is ready, I'll let a few of you in, but only those that can raise their sarcasm level higher than that of a 12yrs old, which leaves most of the AZB members out that like to try knocking me:thumbup:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a GC1 I rebuilt, and redesigned for a customer that needed to be able to move the table every night to park his car inside. The slates are steel plate joined together turning the 3 piece slate into a 1 piece. The frame is built on a hydraulic lift system, all it takes is one foot to lift the table, spin it 90 degrees, then roll it forward out of the way. Putting it back in place is just as easy, and to make sure its level, all the customer has to do is line up the mark on the levelers with the alignment marks on the floor, and the table is level. Been over two years and still playing level.View attachment 511116

Stellar work and innovation! Deserves a patent honestly, at least in my opinion.

In your opinion anyone looking to set up a pool room, do you think they are better off from a financial perspective to buy used cheaper tables in "decent" condition, but then have to spend money for services from someone like you(obviously quite worth it), to get them tuned up, or go with new Diamonds/GCs from the factory? I guess it would probably depend on the table, brand, condition. Would be a cool excel sheet to see general costs based on the design. :smile:

I would guess that setup(in the above picture) would cost way more than a new Diamond. If it's bad etiquette to ask, my apologies.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Stellar work and innovation! Deserves a patent honestly, at least in my opinion.

In your opinion anyone looking to set up a pool room, do you think they are better off from a financial perspective to buy used cheaper tables in "decent" condition, but then have to spend money for services from someone like you(obviously quite worth it), to get them tuned up, or go with new Diamonds/GCs from the factory? I guess it would probably depend on the table, brand, condition. Would be a cool excel sheet to see general costs based on the design. :smile:

I would guess that setup(in the above picture) would cost way more than a new Diamond. If it's bad etiquette to ask, my apologies.

If buying let's say 20 9fts, why would anyone buy any other pool tables for $120,000 when even in a new business, Diamond will finance them on a rent to own basis for about $2,000 a month, that leaves a LOT of capital to invest in the room itself, without having to take out a second mortgage on your home to pay for the tables, since NO financial services are going to finance a NEW business opening.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then please, explain why Fargo billiards with I believe 53 tables in a population area of 100,000 can stay in business, when a pool room with half that amount of tables in an area of 12 million goes broke!!!!

Dang Cobra 🐍.... Sounds like a little sunshine and a beach might do you some good 😊... Relax and just be positive bud . Sounds like you have no plans going that far south anyway it only 80 degrees today lol !!! Cant wait to see this place and may not leave the Keys ! Heaven on Earth and now they have some 9footers 👍🏻💯

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I dont remember any other 9'ers when I lived in the Key largo, pretty sure Whistle stop didnt have any. Where are there other 9'ers?

And where is this place located? Nothing comes up on Google
Jason

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Dang Cobra 🐍.... Sounds like a little sunshine and a beach might do you some good 😊... Relax and just be positive bud . Sounds like you have no plans going that far south anyway it only 80 degrees today lol !!! Cant wait to see this place and may not leave the Keys ! Heaven on Earth and now they have some 9footers 👍🏻💯

No, I have a very relaxed life, but who knows, maybe something will come along and just flat out take over this sport on a Professional level, then what are all of you going to do if you actually have to PAY to watch the Pros play, a d don't have a chance to play against them for free anymore.

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont remember any other 9'ers when I lived in the Key largo, pretty sure Whistle stop didnt have any. Where are there other 9'ers?

And where is this place located? Nothing comes up on Google
Jason

If this question is for me.....the only public 9's in the keys are at coconuts on big pine. 3 GC4's....pretty beat up, very inconsistent.
Not surprised nothing comes up on Google, as the new room in key West isn't open yet, but it's located in habana plaza on Flagler Ave.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If this question is for me.....the only public 9's in the keys are at coconuts on big pine. 3 GC4's....pretty beat up, very inconsistent.
Not surprised nothing comes up on Google, as the new room in key West isn't open yet, but it's located in habana plaza on Flagler Ave.

cool. Thanks
Jason

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did an early morning tarpon trip one year with some overly religious friends in Key West. We came in for lunch before heading offshore in the afternoon and I tricked them into walking upstairs at the Garden. They immediately went to the window to look off the balcony without noticing the folks glued to the bar. It was the full moon in June so I mean literally glued to the barstool. And it's never the hot sorority girls, or if they were they graduated 50 years ago!

The look on their faces when they realized what was happening was priceless..

LOL, me and a co-worker asked the receptionist at my old customer (Monroe County detention center) for a good place to eat. He proceeds to tell us about the Atlantic Club and how it's beachside, etc. etc. etc. As we're walking out the door he says "and clothes are optional", his boss turned and said "you're not sending them there", my buddy and I looked at each other and just laughed and said "we're in!".

I'll never forget the old man in the overalls and John Deer has sitting at the end of the bar. He was straight out of the Iowa corn fields and probably just dropped his wife Martha at the mall for some shopping.

Was a good day. LOL Can't wait to get back to the Keys...

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope it works out. Interesting choice of tables but you yourself said it's a very small town. Hopefully you get enough regulars to keep it opened. I'm assuming this is more of a rec room style hall where the main attraction is the bar itself.

Good luck to the people who own it.