SuprCharged out of Norway

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Professionalism is a key area if outsiders are ever to notice the sport.

If you read the article on AzB you can see that I am no stranger to pool, but life made me take a 18 year hiatus.

During that time I worked a lot in the poker industry and pool can really lean a lot from this industry. The money is never going to be the same, but the way they´ve managed to crawl out from underground clubs to mainstream media is a great feat. I was part of making that happen and really want to utilize my experience from doing that to make pool achieve something resembling that.

In regards to men/women spending, if we want to sport to grow - we have to support promoters, TD´s has to make a living, manufacturers has to make a profit etc. It´s just the way it has to be. Otherwise, people will stop trying and it just dies out and the sport stagnates.

We all have to realize that when brands adds money to prize pools it eats out of their profits, and even sometimes they lose money. They view it as an investment. But if the pool community don´t appreciate that and ask for more and more..they will lose interest and stop doing it.

Now is the time to increase the professionalism, make ONE set of rules world wide and and and...so perhaps mainstream media will put our sport back in their agenda. This means sponsors from outside the industry and bigger prize pools and events.

When I think of professionalism....

Pool can learn not lean :rotflmao::kma::clapping:

to sport to grow :scratchhead:

has....Have

Supr Charged

Supr Charged Agency
Gold Member
Do you mean that we should settle on one game, such as nine ball, or settle on one set of rules, such as the WSR? Or both?

One set of rules.

I can't think of many other sports where there are different rules depending on which continent is being played.

I think that mainstream media finds this a little "strange".

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nope, not possible on the one rule.
There hast to be an irony to broken English, the EU and Brexit.