Wanted/for sale section

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be interesting to watch the prices on that forum as the economy shrinks nationwide. I suspect people will maintain current prices for a while and be reluctant to drop them but if this goes on for much longer reality will set in.

I also suspect a lot of people who paid thousands for a cue recently are now upside down.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly

And just like the stock market, you don’t get hurt unless you sell.
Buy what you want to shoot with and it’s all good.

Right now, if you need the cash and are trying to sell anything, except toilet paper or hand sanitizer, you better be ready to take a hit.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that cues are generally luxury items and people don't rely on their sales to meet everyday financial needs.

Hoping that remains true for all our members.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Honeslty how many Cues do you NEED? Collector or Playing is different game.

Steve Pikesner aka Tikkler Collection made me drool. He was like one of the top collectors.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
cuemakers aren't concerned. most have months of backlogs, some have a year, others years. I think they'll catch up on work and refill the orders. I see seyberts site sells less and less variety, they seem to focus on their predator sales and shafts.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be interesting to watch the prices on that forum as the economy shrinks nationwide. I suspect people will maintain current prices for a while and be reluctant to drop them but if this goes on for much longer reality will set in.

I also suspect a lot of people who paid thousands for a cue recently are now upside down.

I am seeing recently some high prices for a lot of non-collectible cues like newer Joss and McDermott cues on the facebook cue groups. Not sure if they ever sell for close to the asking prices, but the prices seem like 25% too high for all of them. It's almost like they just price them high and just accept lower offers instead of listing them at the price they would actually sell for in the first place. I have been looking a maybe getting a McDermott US made again sine those were some of my first cues but I am laughing at the prices people put on them.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One should not be selling stocks when prices are depressed and I would not be selling cues right now unless I was willing to take a big hit because I needed the money for sure right now. Just common business sense.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Not sure why cue prices would go up or down because of the current covid-19 issue. Maybe production cues, but customs still have a long wait.

Sure there will be some that get worried about money and get rid of cues, but I don't think it will be a large portion of people.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense but are people really concerned with cue prices right now?? FARTHEST thing from my mind. I don't see myself hitting a ball for a while and really couldn't care less for the time being. That being said, depending on how long the econ. downturn lasts there could be a lot of cues pop up for sale. Already seeing it on OBM.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you think those who were dreaming about Revo but 500$ was too much now they may hope about getting it for let's say 400$? I have no interest...:D
Real poolfans are just so special and have seen enough hard times I guess;).
For the time being this quarantine only gives me opportunities and so much free time to use for my new hobby I enjoy so much atm. So 2 new simple players are ready I hope to make their owners happier and some more are coming.
I realized how happpy I am to have a cue lathe in my appartment when we have to stay at home...our billiard school so as all billiard halls are closed till the 24 of April here and who knows what is then.
You had not lived here in the 90's so I hope these times won't be any harder).

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The difference is more & more trading, less cash, and even guys trading down to try and
get the value out of their cue.
I don't see prices dropping that much, the secondary market was already cheap, and
the worst thing that can happen is I have a bunch of nice cues to play with if I ever get to a table again.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I see deals, but few and far between.

Free want ads bring out the idiots. You can see the same cues and cases at the same unreasonable prices for months on end, sometimes years.

I would not mind seeing a manatory adjustment rule if the product does not move in X amount of time.

The overpriced ads are taking away Page One space of legitimate sale opportunities for serious sellers and buyers.

IMNSHO YMMV

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An aside. I am new here I went to the for sale/wanted forum.

I only saw one item for sale. The layout is a bit confusing. Many forums ( like this one) have a sticky posting area and then the other current posts start below it.

I only saw one posting today for a Cue. That was it. One item for sale in one posting.

Anyways, only realized after a while that the ads are above the green section. A lot of newbies who might be the ones buying cues etc. could be equally confused if not used to the format and completely miss the actual listings.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
An aside. I am new here I went to the for sale/wanted forum.

I only saw one item for sale. The layout is a bit confusing. Many forums ( like this one) have a sticky posting area and then the other current posts start below it.

I only saw one posting today for a Cue. That was it. One item for sale in one posting.

Anyways, only realized after a while that the ads are above the green section. A lot of newbies who might be the ones buying cues etc. could be equally confused if not used to the format and completely miss the actual listings.

Geosnooker the wanted for sale section is here in case you were in the wrong spot.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I see deals, but few and far between.

Free want ads bring out the idiots. You can see the same cues and cases at the same unreasonable prices for months on end, sometimes years.

I would not mind seeing a manatory adjustment rule if the product does not move in X amount of time.

The overpriced ads are taking away Page One space of legitimate sale opportunities for serious sellers and buyers.

IMNSHO YMMV

The idiots are the ones that list 10 cues, post them all at the same time in different threads, and then bump each thread on the same day.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Although sales of most non-essential goods will no doubt shrink, everyone’s reality, attitude and buying power varies. Even in down markets there are buyers for most everything. I certainly won’t be joining any doomsday or hysterical negativity.