Cleveland to Vegas

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if there is anyone from the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area coming out to Vegas next week for the BCAPL Nationals that would like to deliver a car for me. There is pay involved.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
A fully restored 1967 Opel Kadett wagon. It's a little beauty with the larger 1.9 liter motor. I'm having trouble finding a shipper for it.

That`s cool Jay I owned a 1973 Opel GT sporty little car (flip up head lights) called it my poor mans corvette.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A fully restored 1967 Opel Kadett wagon. It's a little beauty with the larger 1.9 liter motor. I'm having trouble finding a shipper for it.

If they take I70 i hope that year car has enough grunt to handle the Rockies.
Horsepower drops a bunch at 11000 feet.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If they take I70 i hope that year car has enough grunt to handle the Rockies.
Horsepower drops a bunch at 11000 feet.

I once traversed the Rockies in a 1965 VW bus with the 1200cc motor. We were going 30 mph at full steam over the top. Thankfully the air was chilly and it kept the engine cool.

This little car puts our about 110 HP, so it should be okay. It has a re-cored radiator in it as well.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Vapor lock is real concern on carburators at altitutude and summer heat. Gas boils at a lower temp the higher you climb.

Plan accordingly and enjoy your new car.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

My uncle had a 67 Opel Wagon and I can remember it well. This was in the early 70's.

I recall it had the mother of all roof racks. Have fun with your new toy!

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will go pick it up and drive it out for you for the cost of a return ticket! now do you member this conversation ( hay Jay why not try and set up a Jackie Gleason Memorial)?
but this think about the first offer and Ill run down to 40 across then on up!
If that doesn't wok for you and oh I am in Clarksville TN. there is a guy right up in Cadiz Kentucky that shoots pool and has a car hauler but it might be steep if that is the only load he has going that way!

Last edited:

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Truck brokerage firms. You might be able to get a deal piggybacking on a load that leaves room for the car.