Tube case repair

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Anne Gore tube case that needs repair. The felt insert has been removed. My preference would be to have the original re-installed but I would consider a new insert. The few e-mail requests I've made have not resulted responses. If there is a case maker who would be willing to fix my case, please PM me. A classic case like this should be kept in functional condition.

Thanks,
Greg

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
i need the same, i have a old fellini and the interior was ripped 20 years ago. has fellini tag just need new interior felt lining. could bring to SBE if a case maker could fix while there???

kd

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk to JB.

The issue with repairing these cases is the construction was not meant to come apart as far as I know. He has written about it before but I am going on memory. I know that lock replacement is an issue because of this, I am less sure about interior replacement.

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Without going into the gory details, one of the large tube inserts in my 3x7 Instroke had the lining partially ripped out. I called Instroke and they said they could fix it for $75 + shipping. I don't know if they'd work on non-Instroke products, but you could inquire.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's probably a great idea too since he is making that style of case. :thumbup:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I tried Ron Thomas first but never received a response. I'll try JB.

Best regards,
Greg