Rich R - RIP to a Veteran Member

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Rich was One of the Good ones

Every time I saw Rich and Cathy they were both smiling like they knew something no one else did. I can only guess it was the happiness they were enjoying. I surely hope so.

I've known Rich from the old r.s.b (newsgroup) days of the mid 90s, along with Freddie and Eric and many more AZ and CCB members. Rich was on of the good ones. He will be missed by many that knew him.

Condolences to Cathy and family.

Tom

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences to his family & friends, his presence will be missed at the US Open 9 Ball Championships.

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich Rhoads......

Rich will be missed!!! He played at my room in the APA league for a very long time and also in my 14.1 Straight pool league. He always had something nice to say and was always chatting with someone. Myself and Cindy will miss him dearly....he was always the first one to come in on Monday night in house 8 ball league.

He had a ton of friends at Big Daddy's and I will post a picture there of our great friend.

We love you Cathy!! If you ever need anything we are hear for you!

Sincerely Rick & Cindy.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
**Rich Rhoads**

Viewing and Celebration of Life
4:00-8:00 p.m. Saturday, March 8,2014
Harry Witzke Funeral Home, 4112 Old Columbia Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21043

In lieu of flowers please make donations in memory of Rich Rhoads to:

Melanoma Research Foundation (www.melanoma.org)
Please check tribute at the bottom of the donation page

Or

Ellicott City Volunteer Firemen’s Association
4150 Montgomery Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Cathy

Attachments

• RichRhoads1.jpg
    RichRhoads1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 227

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viewing and Celebration of Life
4:00-8:00 p.m. Saturday, March 8,2014
Harry Witzke Funeral Home, 4112 Old Columbia Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21043

In lieu of flowers please make donations in memory of Rich Rhoads to:

Melanoma Research Foundation (www.melanoma.org)
Please check tribute at the bottom of the donation page

Or

Ellicott City Volunteer Firemen’s Association
4150 Montgomery Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Cathy

Oh, man, Eric, what a great photograph of Rich. Thanks for sharing. He looks GREAT in that photo. :cool:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Sorry to hear the terrible news of Rich`s passing. My deepest sympathy to Rich`s wife Cathy and all of his and her loved ones and friends.

RIP Rich, you will be forever missed.

Will Prout

jkjerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry to hear of Rich's passing. Our condolences go out to all of his family and friends.

Jerry/Cindi

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm very sad to hear of Rich's passing. I only met him and Cathy for one week, nearly 9 years ago when I attended my first and (so far) only US Open. I had spoken with Rich via the CCB on the run up to it and both he and Cathy made me feel more than welcome, introducing me to many of the others that they knew - some of whom have already posted on this thread. During the annual CCB tournament which Rich and Cathy would run, I "got lucky" (thanks Efren for that phrase!) and managed to win the competition. Every time I look at that beautiful trophy - and I look at it a lot - my head is filled with wonderful memories of an amazing week, a lot of which was down to the kindness that Rich and Cathy showed to a young(ish) Scotsman.

Rest well Rich, but don't forget that Lassiter is playing Greenleaf for the cash tonight! And to Cathy, please try to keep smiling and always, always, always remember the happy times.

Best wishes

Peter McLanachan - aka thecardman
:(

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
I'm really gonna miss Rich. He was one of my favorite posters, open minded and always positive. Rich's life will be remembered, his thoughts and ideas will not be forgotten.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Here is some of Rich's work. Taken from far across the room....just noticed Steve Lipsky all blurry in the background....too much caffeine for Steve-O.

Attachments

• cd 056.jpg
    cd 056.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 326
  • cd 065.jpg
    cd 065.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I'm sorry to hear this. I chatted with him at SBE several years ago and remember his friendliness and devotion to the game. I was the new guy at the time, and he really made me feel welcome.

My condolences to his loved ones.

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
Cathy you are in my thoughts and prayers. Rich was a great guy and I'll never forget chatting with you both on the various boards, tourneys, and shows.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
In case it wasn't put out there, our dear friend Rich R. has passed.

This is so sad. Rich and Cathy were regulars at the Maryland 14.1 tournament, and it was so comforting to see such friendly faces every year. They always made sure to watch my matches and cheer me on whenever they could.

I saw them at this past tournament and Rich related to me some of his health issues. They were serious, but he seemed to have such a positive attitude. Cathy was always by his side; they seemed so happy together.

A big loss to the pool scene. My heart is heavy today. Cathy, if you're reading this, all my love and my deep condolences.

- Steve

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy cow! :eek: I just stumbled across this thread, Fred! I did not see it last week, as I was teaching every day, and didn't have internet access all the time. I knew Rich and Cathy for many years, both from the CCB, and from here. We were usually together at the annual CCB tournament during the US Open, and they were always at the SBE. Rich was rarely seen without a camera around his neck. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of my friend. RIP Rich, and my condolences to his wife, family and friends. :frown:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

In case it wasn't put out there, our dear friend Rich R. has passed.

I've known Rich and his wife for what seems like forever. He and Cathy were front row regulars at the US Open 9-ball Championships and yearly attendees to the annual CCBoard dinner. They were also yearly attendees at the Super Billiard Expo. Barry often would give a verbal kudos to the CCBers that attended, especially those who year after year bought the front row VIP seats.

For those that didn't know him, Rich R. was a member at AZBilliards since 2003 at least, and that may have been only because of the early revamps of this site. He was probably an earlier member. Rich also was one of the early "big lens" photographers that you might have seen at those events, prior to Justin, Steve, JR, and Ricky.

He also loved cues, which may have been as much an itch that was strengthened by his attending the SBE as well as hanging out with like minded cue enthusiasts. I believe he shot with a Bender.

So, to Rich Rhoads, shoot 'em straight my friend. Cathy if you're reading this, all my love to you.

Regards,

Freddie Agnir

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
Cathy, condolences on Rich's passing. He was a gentleman pool player and the game in these parts won't be the same without him around.

And to my old team-mate, we shared many APA matches, but I will never forget the straight pool. I'll also miss sharing a rail at the SBE and the Maryland 14.1 Championships.

I hope the rolls are fairer where you're playing now.