List of Living 200+ Runners

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
he's alive and kicking, being only 20 years old :grin: His European championship finishes in 14.1 are: 2011 - Gold, 2013 - Silver, 2014 - Bronze. Looks like he can play straight pool, LOL

Tomasz Kaplan is 30 years old, not 20 :) Those 30 year old young guns...

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Joe Neemy (sp?)

He used to run St. Elmo's poolroom back in it's heyday while Wimpy was around.

He is alive and well, still living in Virginia Beach, VA.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Evgeny Stalev with 226-ball run

Hey folks, we need to add Evgeny Stalev to this list.

In the World Tournament of 14.1, Evgeny ran 151-and-out against Mike Davis (they were both on a foul apiece, -1 - -1). They graciously let Evgeny continue his run, and he ran all the way to 225 (it was actually a 226-ball run).

Evgeny Stalev's new high run! Отлично, Евгений! ("Excellent, Eugene!")

Totally stoked,
-Sean

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In the World Tournament of 14.1, Evgeny ran 151-and-out against Mike Davis (they were both on a foul apiece, -1 - -1). They graciously let Evgeny continue his run, and he ran all the way to 225 (it was actually a 226-ball run).

Evgeny Stalev's new high run! Отлично, Евгений! ("Excellent, Eugene!")

Totally stoked,
-Sean

Wow, I had no idea Evengy played 14.1...that's an incredible run! Kudos!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, I had no idea Evengy played 14.1...that's an incredible run! Kudos!

The great thing is, this was on the live stream, and I'm presuming the matches are recorded. If so, you guys are in for a real treat!

They had John Schmidt miked on a table nearby (off camera, but you could hear him), and John was commenting to Mika Immonen on how "Evgeny just got up there and stroked like 'this'. He's really fun to watch!"

The commentators (Mikey Fingers and Shaun Wilkie) mentioned this is Evgeny's new high run, so apparently he did have a previous high run, and that means he must've played 14.1 before.

In any case, Mike Davis was gracious in lending his thoughts after the match was over (but Evgeny was continuing his run), and gave a little 411 on Evgeny's game of choice, Russian Pyramid. Mike made the observation that these Gold Crowns look like bartables to Evgeny, and I think he's right.

What a wonderful match and run!
-Sean

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

In the World Tournament of 14.1, Evgeny ran 151-and-out against Mike Davis (they were both on a foul apiece, -1 - -1). They graciously let Evgeny continue his run, and he ran all the way to 225 (it was actually a 226-ball run). ...

Sean -- Stalev's run was 224, not 225 or 226.

Yes, he started at a score of (-1), and his opponent also was at (-1).

Then he ran 10 full racks (140 points) plus 11 balls from the 11th rack for the "151 and out" that gave him the game score of 150 - (-1).

He continued, running the remaining 3 balls from the 11th rack plus 5 more full racks, i.e., an additional 73 balls.

Total run: 151 + 73 = 224.

Or, just view it as 16 full racks at 14 balls each = 224. He missed the break shot for the 17th rack.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... In any case, Mike Davis was gracious in lending his thoughts after the match was over (but Evgeny was continuing his run), and gave a little 411 on Evgeny's game of choice, Russian Pyramid. Mike made the observation that these Gold Crowns look like bartables to Evgeny, and I think he's right.

What a wonderful match and run!
-Sean

Stalev was WPA world champion in Pyramid in 1999 and 2000.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sean -- Stalev's run was 224, not 225 or 226.

Yes, he started at a score of (-1), and his opponent also was at (-1).

Then he ran 10 full racks (140 points) plus 11 balls from the 11th rack for the "151 and out" that gave him the game score of 150 - (-1).

He continued, running the remaining 3 balls from the 11th rack plus 5 more full racks, i.e., an additional 73 balls.

Total run: 151 + 73 = 224.

Or, just view it as 16 full racks at 14 balls each = 224. He missed the break shot for the 17th rack.

AtLarge:

Thank you *very* much for the correction. To be fair to the messenger though, I (we -- the others reporting Evgeny's run?) were going strictly by the score that the commentators (Mikey Fingers and Shaun Wilkie) were keeping. Their final score, shown on the placard graphics at the bottom of the stream screen was "225" (you'll see this when the video is released out on YouTube or what-not). It looks like the commentators got one ball off somewhere.

I (and others reporting Evgeny's run) didn't think to "double check" their math, so shame on me. :eek:

Sharp eye, and thank you again,
-Sean

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
List updated. Y'all made me check which part of Russia Evgeny is from, to find out if he belonged in European green or Asian red...

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Correction:

Appleton didn't run 295 on June 25. In fact, he ran 294 on June 24, running exactly 21 racks and then missing a break shot. Run and date inflation!

I just quoted what I read, sorry for the goof up !!

Maybe he'll hit 300 in the finals this year of the worlds with the 300 point finals !!

Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
SVB just upped the ante warning up at the worlds, broke his high Run with a 305 !!!

I guess he will now joint the list of the 300 ball runners !!!

Steve

Joshua Filler from Germany and is currently playing in the world 14.1 at Steinway had a 99 ball run on day 1. He is a junior Europen straight pool champion. I'm not sure if he's 16 or 17. His high run is 293, confirmed by him and two translators, lol (Thorsten and Dieters John)

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
Joshua Filler from Germany and is currently playing in the world 14.1 at Steinway had a 99 ball run on day 1. He is a junior Europen straight pool champion. I'm not sure if he's 16 or 17. His high run is 293, confirmed by him and two translators, lol (Thorsten and Dieters John)

I think his bio lists his DOB as October 1997 which would make him 17?