Brunswick by McDermott

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
For cmarshall, a picture of the decal on one of the first cues I bought, circa 1998.

Dave

Attachments

• brunswick mcdermott.JPG
    brunswick mcdermott.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 369

DaveK

Silver Member
I have not seen one of those in a long while.

CMarshall asked me about it after I mentioned it in a thread .... back in February :eek: I was in the process of moving at the time so I hadn't seen it (or about a dozen others) in a while either :thumbup:

In about 2000 I dropped the cue, it slapped on the ground and split the shaft just below the ferrule :angry: A guy on our team had just bought a 3rd party shaft for his McD so he sold me his original McD shaft ... it fit like a glove !

Dave <-- happy to have his cues unpacked and by the recovered table in the new house :cool:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have never seen these
i would like to see the whole cue
and get info to buy a few

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have seen Brunswick cues made by Schmelke, Joss. McDermott, Falcon, Adam...and some "generic" Asian imports. And of course Brunswick themselves in the old days.

We have also seen Brunswick of Canada, and Brunswick of France.

I believe there were also Brunswick cues made specifically for the Central and South American Carambola market (billiards).

Am I missing any? Probably.

I have Brunswicks from 100 years ago, and 50 years ago...and a few in between. I have a Brunswick of Canada cue as well.

I do not have one of these McDermotts. I don't have a Joss or Adam either though. I do have a Schmelke made Brunswick with Titlist veneers.

Dean, good luck finding a few. They are out there, but they don't show up often.

DaveK

Silver Member
i have never seen these
i would like to see the whole cue
and get info to buy a few

I will try to remember to take a full-cue pic and post it up. Nothing special really, the butt is one piece stained maple with simple black joint. It plays well, used it exclusively in 1998-99 before I got my Falcon M5.

Dave