Any Good Books Coming Out?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanna make a nice wager on it?

I would only consider a wager that is time based, such as "It won't be out by Xmas 2017, or Xmas 2018, or Xmas 2019, etc."

The explanations to date don't add up so I have to conclude there is more going on than we are being led to believe. Often, like with a hot stock tip, it all ends up being hot air. Maybe this is different, but the closest thing I've seen to a book is Stan's notebook on his humorous video on "overcutting" the ball with CTE.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would only consider a wager that is time based, such as "It won't be out by Xmas 2017, or Xmas 2018, or Xmas 2019, etc."

The explanations to date don't add up so I have to conclude there is more going on than we are being led to believe. Often, like with a hot stock tip, it all ends up being hot air. Maybe this is different, but the closest thing I've seen to a book is Stan's notebook on his humorous video on "overcutting" the ball with CTE.

Yea well it won't be out by xmas 19 but nice try with that one. What time frame would you like? There has been no misleading, Stan was never on any timeframe to get the book out. It's just your butt hurt obsession that makes you feel that way.
And the only thing humorous is your obsession against CTE. You are the laughing stock in several social media circles. Dubious Dan lmfao.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea well it won't be out by xmas 19 but nice try with that one. What time frame would you like? There has been no misleading, Stan was never on any timeframe to get the book out. It's just your butt hurt obsession that makes you feel that way.
And the only thing humorous is your obsession against CTE. You are the laughing stock in several social media circles. Dubious Dan lmfao.

LOL. You guys have been saying things like "It's on to the publisher now, out of Stan's hands!" and, "Just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's now!"

I'm not going to bet you. I really don't care one way or the other. It's like the hot stove league, is all. The book will probably be an instructional book like Mark Wilson's, only based on CTE. Stan won't explain how CTE works (he already said he wasn't going to do that) so the CTE parts will most likely be detailed steps on how to do it, etc. I'm pretty sure that statements like "the balls present themselves differently on the table" won't be in the book, at least I hope not.

It's odd how you CTE guys keep saying that we "skeptics" want CTE to fail, say it doesn't work and that we NEED it to fail for our egos to remain intact. It's odd because any number of us (Lou, Patrick, Brian, English come to mind) have been saying forever that the only problem with CTE is Stan's claims about it being an objective method and basically misunderstanding how his own (actually Hal's) method works. The player MAKES it work, plain and simple. I'll say it again. If Stan's method actually worked as he has been representing it, and somehow the new book can FINALLY and magically actually illustrate that, then I'll buy 100 books and pass them out to everybody. It would be miraculous.

So I can't help that you don't understand how CTE works. CTE does seem to work (for an unknown number of players) as many of us have said. It's just that the player has to MAKE it work. Some are more susceptible to making it work than other, more analytical, types are.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Christmas 2020 be reasonable ?

canwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL. You guys have been saying things like "It's on to the publisher now, out of Stan's hands!" and, "Just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's now!"

I'm not going to bet you. I really don't care one way or the other. It's like the hot stove league, is all. The book will probably be an instructional book like Mark Wilson's, only based on CTE. Stan won't explain how CTE works (he already said he wasn't going to do that) so the CTE parts will most likely be detailed steps on how to do it, etc. I'm pretty sure that statements like "the balls present themselves differently on the table" won't be in the book, at least I hope not.

It's odd how you CTE guys keep saying that we "skeptics" want CTE to fail, say it doesn't work and that we NEED it to fail for our egos to remain intact. It's odd because any number of us (Lou, Patrick, Brian, English come to mind) have been saying forever that the only problem with CTE is Stan's claims about it being an objective method and basically misunderstanding how his own (actually Hal's) method works. The player MAKES it work, plain and simple. I'll say it again. If Stan's method actually worked as he has been representing it, and somehow the new book can FINALLY and magically actually illustrate that, then I'll buy 100 books and pass them out to everybody. It would be miraculous.

So I can't help that you don't understand how CTE works. CTE does seem to work (for an unknown number of players) as many of us have said. It's just that the player has to MAKE it work. Some are more susceptible to making it work than other, more analytical, types are.

The guy is a plagiarist plain and simple. All this from the getgo. And as such, a high probability is gleaning all his "original thoughts and ways of explanation " from this forum. By now you all have written "his book" for him. Neither looks or sounds intelligent.. looks like a duck and sounds like a duck..

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to bet you. I really don't care one way or the other. .

Figured you'd crawfish away from a bet. If you really don't care then STFU about the book.

Oh and your other two paragraphs about about CTE, nobody gives a shit what your opinion is. After all, who takes a butt hurt obsessive person seriously.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Figured you'd crawfish away from a bet. If you really don't care then STFU about the book.

Oh and your other two paragraphs about about CTE, nobody gives a shit what your opinion is. After all, who takes a butt hurt obsessive person seriously.

Cookie, cookie cool your jets, man. Such hostility and I'm the one who is "butt hurt"?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookie, cookie cool your jets, man. Such hostility and I'm the one who is "butt hurt"?

I'am perfectly cool, no need to worry about that. In fact it's been a blast watching you transform from dubious Dan to crawfish Dan.

And yes, when you can't go a day without bringing up a subject you have no interest in, "butt hurt" rules apply to you.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The NEW Miss Congeniality USA will now assume her duties as The 2020 CTE International Goodwill Ambassador.

Take a hint from the threads you started that have no responses, your material is just not good enough for the aiming forum. Go back to school.

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I don't care about all that.

All I'm saying is that it sucks for those of us who would like to finally see his book and truth series to learn CTE.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

All I'm saying is that it sucks for those of us who would like to finally see his book and truth series to learn CTE.

If you've already purchased both dvds an God know's how many hours on trying to get it to work as explained, an you still dont get it, maybe its time to move on.

I want you to think about this, yet take it to the table.
90/90...cte..pro1 or any system that is requiring a pivot.
When pocketing a ball were trying to put the cb in position of the ghost ball or close for success. The spot is around an 1 1/8 behind the contact point to pocket the ball..some shots requiring over cutting also.

Ok...were gonna use 90/90 for an example. It requires 1 spot on the cb for right cuts and 1 for left cuts, 3 on the object ball. Dont change the spot on the cb but on the ob. I want you to aim at spots in between the the spots your supposed to aim at. Doing this you should still come up with an angle , this could be the angle to pot the ball and not the one that your suppose to use.

Also, errors can occur and help ( and not help) because of different bridge lengths.

The biggest killer of them all is when your doing the system as sold an you pot the shit out of easy shots but when it comes to longer more difficult pots you cant seem to get consistent , you know why?? Because your eyes will correct you from making errors on the the easier shots know matter what system your doing.

You should be able to address all shots in the same manner and with confidence.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The book will come out when Stan and the publisher decide to release it. But if you really are interested, start now by retraining your eyes and brain to work differently than you're used to doing things with aiming. Until you do, now or later, CTE won't work without it.
You no longer want to aim with the center of the CB or other parts of the CB as in contact point aiming or fractions where it's linked up to an equal and opposite part the size of a molecule over the entire width of the OB.
You MUST train yourself to aim with the edge of the CB. If you're one of those who say spheres do not have edges, drop the entire idea of CTE and forget about getting involved with it. If you can't see an edge of the CB from wherever you are when standing or down in your stance and it doesn't jump right out at you, just keep doing what you're doing and be happy.
However before we get into where to aim that edge to A-B-C, as many have said on here, you must have a straight consistent stroke.
Set straight in shots with the CB/OB from 1 foot apart to the entire length of the table shooting to corners and width of the table when shooting to side pockets. On long shots to the corner and straight in shots to the side pockets, place the CB 1" from the rails to really test the straightness of your stroke. Your percentage of makes won't be as high when in the middle of the table but it will put you and your stroke to the test when 1" away from the rail.
Video it and post here.
There are certified CTE users who'd be more than happy to go into the rudimentary visuals of CTE before the book comes out to at least get you going in the right direction for what to see and how to align. Nothing is 'magic' when there is a shoddy stroke.
(and before you say "okay Lowenstein, let's see YOUR video", here's my response to that. I am NOT qualified to present myself as an expert on pool like the great ones in this forum i.e. Brian Crist The Pool Room Fighting Tough Guy, Patrick Johnson The Scientist, Louie The Missouri Mauler, or Dubious Dan the No Gamble Man.
I am nothing but a simple old hillbilly, working to improve my game, studying CTE and having satisfactory results, and watching these people tell lies and trash my friend Stan Shuffett. The LAST thing you want to see is me shooting pool.)

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
It amazing that with being able to describe how to use CTE, that a drawing can not be produced on what is being described.

Could it be because a sphere doesn’t have a edge?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
nfuids said:

If you've already purchased both dvds an God know's how many hours on trying to get it to work as explained, an you still dont get it, maybe its time to move on.

Or pay for a lesson from a certified Pro1 instructor. Or pay $75 or more for the book whenever it becomes available, and hope it's not just a recap of everything you've already seen, heard, and tried. After these options, if you still find yourself struggling with it, move on. Or keep working at it. That's the beauty of life -- your life if yours, nobody else's. So do whatever you want. When it comes to pocketing pool balls, you can stick with almost any method and eventually get it working consistently. It could take weeks, months, or sometimes years, but with enough practice you'll eventually get it working.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It amazing that with being able to describe how to use CTE, that a drawing can not be produced on what is being described.

Could it be because a sphere doesn’t have a edge?

How the 2 line visual "perception" works can't quite be illustrated with a drawing, but immediately after getting the perception, this "fixed cb" reference, everything from then on can and has been illustrated in drawings quite accurately.