Removing Glue From Carbon Fiber

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuemakers,

I recently acquired a new Mezz Ignite cue shaft. I noticed a small drop of glue a few inches below the tip after removing it from the factory sleeve. I sent an e-mail to Mezz inquiring about their approved/recommended method for removing the wayward adhesive from the shaft. They replied with an apology and an image of of a knife held parallel with the shaft. They said to remove the glue gently with the knife. I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions concerning this or other ways to remove the glue.

Thanks,
Keith

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the first suggestion; gently scrape it off with a sharp blade and wet sand spot if you have to followed by finishing compounds. :) No acetone.

Mario

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I wanted to see if anything new has come up for getting glue off of a carbon fiber shaft, I have a revo and when the tip got installed it has some glue on the shaft and it drives me nuts.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I wanted to see if anything new has come up for getting glue off of a carbon fiber shaft, I have a revo and when the tip got installed it has some glue on the shaft and it drives me nuts.
Removed CA from more shafts than I can count. Acetone on a q-tip. Don't use more than you have to

slim123

Acetone is your ticket, Just Use good ventilation and gloves with acetone, it is a carcinogen

Last edited:

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cuemakers,

I recently acquired a new Mezz Ignite cue shaft. I noticed a small drop of glue a few inches below the tip after removing it from the factory sleeve. I sent an e-mail to Mezz inquiring about their approved/recommended method for removing the wayward adhesive from the shaft. They replied with an apology and an image of of a knife held parallel with the shaft. They said to remove the glue gently with the knife. I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions concerning this or other ways to remove the glue.

Thanks,
Keith
This may be appropriate.
super glue.jpg