Tip Burnisher

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly....some high quality spit followed up by a little cue wax has worked for me for 25+ years. I've seen "liquid burnisher" around here and there but never was really able to get over the whole "spit is free" argument.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Honestly....some high quality spit followed up by a little cue wax has worked for me for 25+ years. I've seen "liquid burnisher" around here and there but never was really able to get over the whole "spit is free" argument.

Lol I use a little behind the ear of side of the nose skin oil works like a charm....I spit on my tip for other applications tho 🤫🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
What I've used for years is a little spit,and a burnisher I made out of a old worn out leather wallet ;). It's about the size of a playing card.

Brown cardboard like a matchbook cover or index card stock works too. Tommy D.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing I didn't like about using the leather is that my dumb a** tends to start chatting with people when I'm at that point and I don't want to get the tip too hot and have it delaminate. That being said, if you aren't a dumb a** like me...it shouldn't be an issue.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the stuff from Tiger, bought those big bottles of clear sealer, seems to last forever.
For single layer tips I use wax as that seems to look better on those types of tips.
I have a bottle of Navigator Tip Crystal, wich gives an even shinier surface, but it`s almost like a laquer. The stuff from Tiger burnished with a piece of leather works great.
I usually keep scraps from leather wrap installations and use that to burnish.

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cereal Box

I like using the rough inside of cereal boxes or the divider between layers of Fancy Feast can cat food (24 per carton). Cereal box is a little smoother (mostly Cheerios :grin::grin:).