US Open Payout Article - Billiards Digest

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not beating the dead horse again, but where the f*** did they get that "initially advertised for 128 players"?

It was advertised as a 300K prize-fund event, period. None was mentioned about the player cap. If you made an assumption without sending an email to ask them, then don't blame them now.

I found it's irresponsible for someone who posted in a pool magazine like Billiards Digest without getting the fact straight. It's funny that person didn't put his/her name in the article.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We had a thread on this topic just a week ago: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=491842

The Billiards Digest article was posted in that thread as well. The author was the Publisher, Mike Panozzo.

I did notice that Mike said the Mosconi Cup prize money is being doubled next year. My understanding is that the increase will be 50%, not 100%.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a thread on this topic just a week ago: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=491842

The Billiards Digest article was posted in that thread as well. The author was the Publisher, Mike Panozzo.

I did notice that Mike said the Mosconi Cup prize money is being doubled next year. My understanding is that the increase will be 50%, not 100%.

Thanks AtLarge, I was wondering why no one was talking about this. I guess I just overlooked it.

On a side note, where can you buy the stream?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... On a side note, where can you buy the stream?

I don't recall seeing any announcement yet of what the streaming situation will be for the USA. Will it be free on Facebook (US Open 9-Ball Championship page)? Will it be free on ESPN3? Will it be ppv on DAZN? Will it be something else?

But who needs to know now, right? It's still such a long time in the future.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't recall seeing any announcement yet of what the streaming situation will be for the USA. Will it be free on Facebook (US Open 9-Ball Championship page)? Will it be free on ESPN3? Will it be ppv on DAZN? Will it be something else?

But who needs to know now, right? It's still such a long time in the future.
Pretty sure its DAZN but they haven't made final announcement. I'm gonna mag them now.