Pool accessories you will never buy again

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I am talking about something you, bought, were grifter, was a free be include with purchase, or won as a prize.

Your tried it, hated it, gift it away, lost into on pourpse, or sold it off to someone who had to have it.

My worst experience was with Swiss Army Knife of Pool Tools. Did many thing, nothing well.

Not sure they are made or sold any longer - Untimitate Tip Tool.:barf::barf::barf:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
ill answer with the opposite, ill never buy a cuetec bowtie again, ive had the same one since the first year they came out and still works great as ever if not better.
and a tip burnisher from porper. works great, and the washable plastic sandpapers, ive had the same set for a few years. work great.

the one thing ide have to pick is the tip pik. the cap comes off and gets lost, so you cant use it as a key chain, it damages shit when it does come loose in your whatever, and they are easily loseable and stealable.

everyone has their own they prefer or hate. but the bowtie for me has been a mainstay.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Vue Bridge, it's nice, I just never use it. I forgot it was in my case to be honest.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bow tie

I quit hustling pool and will never wear another tie as long as i live,
Sure all ties established me as a square,a working stiff,someone with a job,someone
not nearly as clever as the unemployed straight shooter with his life savings in his pocket

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Not sure they are made or sold any longer - Untimitate Tip Tool.

Love that tool.

ill answer with the opposite, ill never buy a cuetec bowtie again, ive had the same one since the first year they came out and still works great as ever if not better.

Love mine too.

Kamui Gator Grip......just horrible.

If you know how to use it, it's awesome.

Hmm ... things I would never use again ... that redhead comes to mind...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Gator Grip......just horrible.
Why do say this? Hold it at about a 45deg angle and just roll tip across it. I think it works perfectly. Adds just enough texture to hold chalk without fluffing the leather. I've seen people try to use it like a file and rub the tip with it. Won't work that way.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure they are made or sold any longer - Untimitate Tip Tool.:barf::barf::barf:

Interesting...I love my Ultimate Tip Tool! I originally had one back in 1990 and just recently purchased another one. It works just as good today as it did back then. Probably the best cue tool I've ever owned. Oh well, to each their own.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Pool cues....never buy another. I'm swimming in the damn things.

Ok maybe just a few more but probably not.

cuebuddy>>>>but maybe
a few more.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A break stick.......my break has always only been about average.
For the past dozen years, I’ve played with two bum shoulders.

Both the shoulders & my break aren’t going to suddenly improve.
Ergo, any house cue works just as good as my Stinger B/J cue.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proper Big Shaver

Gotta be the big Shaver for me.. concept was ok, but in order to actually shave the tips close enough to the ferrule it leaves a indent ring in the shaft. Basically can't do the job all the way, have to use it to get close & finish with other tools by hand.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really consider tips to be an accessory, but I'm going to throw it in here.

I will never again buy a tip that costs more than an Ultra-skin.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Love that tool.

My experience it was a Gift from a Friend did two out of 5 things OK, as far a removing Mushroom it actually removed two Tips, scratched Ferrels, and I gave it away.

MY GO TOO IS:

1. 220 Sand Paper

2. Dime Willard

3. Porpor Mushroom Tool

4. Tip Tapper

5. Master Green.

5 is use most, 1 is for roughting up, 3 is used PRN, 4 & 2 get used the least.