Mark Griffin

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yes, indeed. Best wishes to your daughter and to your entire family. These times are most definitely testing us all to the max.

Thank you Stu - she's the little blonde girl you met when we went to New York. She just got her offer letter today from KPMG when she graduates next spring from the MBA program. It's a good one. We are so excited!

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So she tests negative but still has symptoms? I guess i didnt know it worked that way.

You basically have to test twice, the first one always comes negative if you test early, this is how it works for most of whom I know that got the virus, I hope this virus dies quickly so we can see the pool tournaments back!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What else is in the tea?

Main ingredient is Ginger root. Added to that are malunggay, oregano and a little zinc powder. There is one other thin violet colored herb called Oyster plant. Her mother grows it in her garden in the Philippines. That concoction may have saved my life.

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
lol, worried Protege will pay a visit?

Lou Figueroa
in STL
come get me, boys

Not at all. I would love to meet up with him and play a few racks. Used to give him a lot of shit in the past. Figured there isnt much point to that. Either people listen or they don't... I'm no one to give advice anyway...

See my disclaimer....

H<-----in MD.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay, here is a word to the wise that came from one of the most astute medical people I know. She is a long time Registered Nurse who has always done her research/homework, and has schooled me for a long time about the crises we have in this country with our entire medical care system.

She told me "DON'T" take any of the first vaccines that come out, especially if they are introduced before the election or even before the end of the year. She said they will be not be thoroughly tested and rushed to the market. Possibly as many as 20% of people who take these early vaccines will die! I didn't stutter and neither did she. She is a person that has a huge following in the Los Angeles medical community and I am fortunate that her husband has long been our family doctor.

You can take my advice (and hers) or not. I know I will not be taking any vaccines until I see proof of their efficacy.

Last edited:

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay,

Not sure if you mean vaccines in stage 3 trials or totally approved for the overall population.

If you mean totally approved vaccines....

With all due respect I am going to go out on a limb and say there aren't going to be any vaccines approved before the election, unless of course you live in Russia.

And I find it very hard to believe that a vaccine will be introduced that will kill up to 20% of takers. Imagine what tailspin this country would go into if that were to happen. No one would take any vaccine ever and the future of this country would start to look extremely dark. Do the early vaccines have a great chance of not working well, maybe making some sick and maybe even a few will die? Absolutely! But to introduce something that could kill up to 20%, I do not see that happening in this country. If it does, then the US has truly hit its peak and now falling hard into something I am not sure Iany of us want to see.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay,

Not sure if you mean vaccines in stage 3 trials or totally approved for the overall population.

If you mean totally approved vaccines....

With all due respect I am going to go out on a limb and say there aren't going to be any vaccines approved before the election, unless of course you live in Russia.

And I find it very hard to believe that a vaccine will be introduced that will kill up to 20% of takers. Imagine what tailspin this country would go into if that were to happen. No one would take any vaccine ever and the future of this country would start to look extremely dark. Do the early vaccines have a great chance of not working well, maybe making some sick and maybe even a few will die? Absolutely! But to introduce something that could kill up to 20%, I do not see that happening in this country. If it does, then the US has truly hit its peak and now falling hard into something I am not sure Iany of us want to see.

With all due respect Robert, take a look around and see what has already been going on for a long time. We have fallen hard already (especially in our national response to this pandemic) and our only hope is come Nov. 3. If you don't think that we will see more dirty tricks in the months ahead then I'll just leave it at that. I don't want to get into a political debate on here. I am just responding to the gist of this thread and echoing a warning that I have received from someone who I (and many others) totally respect. Take from it what you want. As for me I am taking her advice very seriously. If you'd like I will PM you this person's name so you can check her credentials. I will not put it on a public forum without her permission.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
she may be right about not taking an early one. but has lost all credibility sorry, and if she cannot see that i would be concerned with any of her thoughts on things.

simply,if 20% were dying that figure would show in the trials and it would never be released.

there will always be conspiracy theory people out there that are fanatics about whatever gets them.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20% mortality from a tested and released US vaccine!?

Just goes to show that crazy ca-ca conspiracy theories can be red or blue.

Lou Figueroa

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I like bottom line analysis:

Two areas of testing to test and approve any vaccine are safety and effectiveness. This post applies to effectiveness. Safety will be ultimately determined in time after administration of the vaccine.

Do we have good enough tests to test and approve any vaccine? The testing to determine a current infection is flawed -- see Ohio governor's recent experience before meeting president. I understand that there is only one antibody test in US, and it is seriously flawed.
Am I wrong about the tests?
If I am correct, how can scientists test and approve any vaccine for effectiveness without "reliable" tests?

Wait and see if the test subjects get sick?
How does asymptomatic infected phenomena play in?

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Incompetence in the government is rampant, but a vaccine with a higher mortality rate than the virus itself is just not going to be released, regardless of any political pressure.

That kind of death rate would be immediately evident and would not be a political boost for anyone involved. It simply doesn't pass the sniff test.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I've already enrolled in the clinical testing program. I hope they choose me because I would like to help. An effective vaccine is what America and the world needs right now and I'm willing to take a risk if it helps others.

Nobody can decide right now if they should get the vaccine because there is no proven vaccine and no information available to make that choice. As time goes on there will hopefully be choices and enough trials to make an intelligent decision. Having been involved in medical education for my entire career, I have a tremendous amount of respect for our medical professionals.

https://www.coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org/clinical-study-volunteer

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark & Gary

Good Luck to both of YOU... I hope your doctors give you a full & quick recovery... Be sure to let the community know how you are doing...CB

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My brother called Saturday and said our 94 old mother has the covid. Can't visit in person and she can't hear well enough to have a phone conversation so it's frustrating.

Regarding vaccines I plan to take one but I need more information. My understanding is there are phase 3 vaccines which do different things. Some increase T cells in the body. Others suppress the auto immune system.

I don't trust that cat Fauci. He strikes me as a guy who loves the spotlight but is living in the past.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Covid -19

If I get sick, I will try to take the HydroxyChloroquine With the Z-pac.

It is said to work in many places, that are not politically driven..

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
neither fauci nor trump nor anyone else will be able to push a vaccine through that hasnt been tested and relatively safe. expect some side effects possible like for any medicine given out to a large population. even some deaths. thats how it works.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
live vaccine

Glad to hear that Mark and Gary are both better! This virus isn't any picnic for many people.

About the vaccine: Somebody more familiar with such things pointed out that the first vaccines rushed out will almost certainly be live vaccines. That means those that need it the most won't be able to take the vaccine. The number of people with covid will go down, the death rate will go up. Still good that not as many people are infected and spreading covid 19 but no overnight miracle if the vaccine is indeed live vaccine.

Hu

DTL

SP 219
Silver Member
Okay, here is a word to the wise that came from one of the most astute medical people I know. She is a long time Registered Nurse who has always done her research/homework, and has schooled me for a long time about the crises we have in this country with our entire medical care system.

She told me "DON'T" take any of the first vaccines that come out, especially if they are introduced before the election or even before the end of the year. She said they will be not be thoroughly tested and rushed to the market. Possibly as many as 20% of people who take these early vaccines will die! I didn't stutter and neither did she. She is a person that has a huge following in the Los Angeles medical community and I am fortunate that her husband has long been our family doctor.

You can take my advice (and hers) or not. I know I will not be taking any vaccines until I see proof of their efficacy.

The old “my _____ is a nurse”......lol.

Nurses are great, by the way.