Do you know anyone that was buried with their cue?

Reverend Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Hoeksema

A good friend of mine passed away and we buried him with a one of kind Andy Gilbert cue. Andy is a good friend of ours and had made a plain player for me utilizing the inlays from a number of my good friends cue's as a gaff. It included the inlays from John Mars's Gilbert Gambler, Tim Bedards Gilbert "foosball" cue, Kenny Brisbon's Joss West and Jeff's own custom Gilbert. When Jeff passed at a far too young age, we placed the cue in his casket. A little piece of all of us was buried on that day. 'Til we play again.RIP my friend.

Dave Krenzel

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one time i woke up in the hospital
and i noticed my pool cue and case in the bed with me

this is very strange i was thinking and slowly remembered
riding my bike to society billiards on fifth avenue

i hit my head and got five stitches
the bike spent the night at the police station

i have no memory of anything really
i left in the morning and went to work that evening

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Another question is whether one who wishes to be buried with their cue also wants to be buried with that cue's detachable extension.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Frank Romanelli was a very good snooker player from Toronto..
..he was buried with his Balabushka.
Years later, his son John was buried with his Balabushka also.
They were friends with George

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
There was a bar league player in Colorado Springs in the 80's that had an open casket service for the pool players and family, and his cue stick was in his lap, with his hands crossed over it. He was dressed in his blue jeans and normal pool playing attire. He was a working man, an above average player, liked to drink his beer and was not overweight by any means. He just liked the league environment here. Colorado at one time, had more 8 ball teams than any other state during it's early years, and 6 teams from Colorado Springs, 2 women and 4 mens teams became National team champions, from the early 80's. It was also Scott Smiths home turf.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I think some have been buried with very exotic cars as well. It happens.

Pool cues, a minor footnote, on what is buried with.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
sitting on his Harley

I think some have been buried with very exotic cars as well. It happens.

Pool cues, a minor footnote, on what is buried with.

I remember a guy was buried sitting on his Harley too.

Just how they wanted to be remembered or fond hopes of having things with them in their afterlife?

Hu

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to disrupt your thoughts on a final happy resting. But what makes you think that when the lid gets closed your Balabushka, Rolex, diamond pinky ring, etc. will still be there?

I worked with a mortician once. Just sayin'

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to disrupt your thoughts on a final happy resting. But what makes you think that when the lid gets closed your Balabushka, Rolex, diamond pinky ring, etc. will still be there?

I worked with a mortician once. Just sayin'

LOL, however funny that is I can't say I've ever been to a funeral wear once the casket was closed it was out of view for more than 30 seconds? Usually they close them with family members present and then go straight to the cemetery.

Now cremation is different, all kinds of chances there.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A young man who came to my old pool room got killed in a car wreck and his cue stayed cradled in his arm during viewing and was buried with him.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I don't know about being buried with a cue, but up until a couple years ago, I had told my wife if I died I wanted the USA Mosconi Cup Team to be my pallbearers. I wanted them to let me down one last time.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
A regular at one of the tournaments that I played in was "laid out" with his cue in the casket with him...before he was actually buried with it, his wife gave it to his best friend.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard Jack Colavita was buried with his Richard Black.
Also Melvin Strawberry Brooks was buried with his Black Boar.