Youtube comment insidepoolmag?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am curious how good of a reputation does insidepoolmag have? I just got told to stop complaining by them on their youtube channel.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHDA9M2J1Q&lc=Ugz1UEJnn7OtlmvGbFF4AaABAg.999cmeoATIM99CR07xUix7

Here is what I asked and what they commented

jaime munoz
1 day ago
What is that annoying clicking sound? Why are you playing on such an old used table? Why is there no ball counter on the bottom of the screen? So we know what balls have been made and what balls need to be made.

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago
it's called REALITY filming . We show up at the tournament and stream the pool room owner has the responsibility to cover the table or not. Stop complaining about a free video .

Anywho just curious is this standard practice? Do these people have a good reputation?

Thanks

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
They could have answered more nicely, but I am sure if you offered to finance all those improvements, they would gladly accept.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am curious how good of a reputation does insidepoolmag have? I just got told to stop complaining by them on their youtube channel.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHDA9M2J1Q&lc=Ugz1UEJnn7OtlmvGbFF4AaABAg.999cmeoATIM99CR07xUix7

jaime munoz
1 day ago
What is that annoying clicking sound? Why are you playing on such an old used table? Why is there no ball counter on the bottom of the screen? So we know what balls have been made and what balls need to be made.

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago
it's called REALITY filming . We show up at the tournament and stream the pool room owner has the responsibility to cover the table or not. Stop complaining about a free video .

Anywho just curious is this standard practice? Do these people have a good reputation?

Thanks
Quit whining over a free stream. Their rep in this game is far better than any you'll ever achieve. Back to "Ignore". Just wanted to check if this cat's posts improved. Nope.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Aside from the criticism its a fair point.

Updating the pool table environment for streaming matches.

Like a software camera filter, that overlays table info, instead of a cartoon image.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is the video

jaime munoz
1 day ago

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago

Thanks

They still exist?

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their utube of that finals is
Three hours and forty minutes long.
Did you watch it?

Yea i am surprised anyone read your
Question and very surprised someone responded.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is the video

jaime munoz
1 day ago

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago

Thanks

I'm curious what your age is. I'm guessing you are a kid who grew up in this era of technology.

Please post some of your videos so we can compare them with insidepoolmag.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Here is the video

jaime munoz
1 day ago

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago

Thanks

I think for a free stream this video is more than adequate. As far as background noises it was recorded live, kinda hard to control unless it is a closed off production.

Lastly, as far as showing pocketed balls and balls still in play 9 ball is a very simple game to follow, after a couple of games you should be familiar with the ball color and corresponding number, even if not traditionally colored.

In other words it is my opinion that you have no valid complaints.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you watched an insidepool stream,
made complaints, and none of them
had to do with Alvin's commentary,
did your really even watch it?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
The OP's youtube comment is evidence that he hasn't watched much pool or doesn't understand how streams work so it isn't really a valid complaint. The response from InsidePool wasn't the best here. Both can be true.

I'll answer the OP's questions the way that InsidePool could have and should have.

What is that clicking sound? It's likely from ambient noise in an active pool room. When streaming live pool sometimes this stuff happens.

Why are you playing on such an old used table? Again the equipment really just depends on the pool room, but there is nothing wrong with an "old used table". Tables that are over 100 years old can be kept in good shape and can be quite playable. Tables from the 60s and 70s are regularly found in pool rooms and can play great if well maintained.

Why is there no ball counter on the screen? Rotation games like 9 ball don't really need this feature as you can look at the table and see what balls remain. In other words it would add production cost and complexity with little benefit. If watching a scored game like one pocket, 14.1. or banks ball counts and scores would be on the screen.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Here is the video

jaime munoz
1 day ago

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago

Thanks

I guess they need better PR people. I would've answered your questions with.....

Clicking.... "The clicking stops after about the 4min mark."

Counter..... "If you look directly behind the table there is a lady there keeping a large score counter, really can't miss it."

Old used table.... "Every table is used. We only do the streaming, bring cameras and such, not our own table. As far as cloth condition, the owner of the place replaces it as needed. It's really not that worn. We've seen much worse. It's a very nice place, great atmosphere. Thanks for the questions."

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I guess they need better PR people. I would've answered your questions with.....

Clicking.... "The clicking stops after about the 4min mark."

Counter..... "If you look directly behind the table there is a lady there keeping a large score counter, really can't miss it."

Old used table.... "Every table is used. We only do the streaming, bring cameras and such, not our own table. As far as cloth condition, the owner of the place replaces it as needed. It's really not that worn. We've seen much worse. It's a very nice place, great atmosphere. Thanks for the questions."

This would have been a good response too. I think these were questions from maybe a newbie rather than a complaint.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
They didn't even know who the reigning US Open 9 Ball champ Joshua Filler was just a month or so ago... That was more telling than any video quality issue could ever amount to, IMO.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
"Dear free subscriber. Thank you for your feedback. Allow me to address your concerns."

"The table is fine. The competitors have zero issues with it."

"There is a point counter on the floor behind the head of the table. There is also a graphic display in the upper left corner of the screen between every game."

"There is no balls pocketed graphic as the game is 9 Ball. A rotation game where never more than nine object balls are on the table."

"The clicking stops after the four minute mark. By then I have enough lines to go the 3.5 + hours with Alvin."

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
"Dear free subscriber. Thank you for your feedback. Allow me to address your concerns."

"The table is fine. The competitors have zero issues with it."

"There is a point counter on the floor behind the head of the table. There is also a graphic display in the upper left corner of the screen between every game."

"There is no balls pocketed graphic as the game is 9 Ball. A rotation game where never more than nine object balls are on the table."

"The clicking stops after the four minute mark. By then I have enough lines to go the 3.5 + hours with Alvin."

How about this?

"No refunds."

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is the video

jaime munoz
1 day ago

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago

Thanks

They film on the table the players are on, that is what is in the room. Adding graphics takes time and in some programs extra money. They can start a post also: "this annoying guy is complaining about dumb shit on our channel does he have a good reputation, is he always complaining about things that don't really matter?". With a bit of time you will learn how different streamers work and not expect every event to be done like an ESPN show with 6 cameras and fancy icons and graphics set on pretty tables. It works from anything from what you see put out by Matchroom and CSI to some guy with a phone camera on a tripod. Especially since the matches you are watching are older, do you want them to go back and re-record them or something?

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
The most affordable alternative to live streaming graphics over the camera is to provide the game data in a section outside of the video stream.

The most challenging part I think might be the syncing. The video may lag more often than the display.

Sounds like you need a person to setup the website with the modifications and another to update whatever live comments you would want to display.

It sounds like a friend job if you know a competent programmer.

It may be easier to sell to more advertising space too.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... an old used table? ...
A small detail: the table is not old. It looks nearly new. It is the cloth that is old.

As mentioned above, the cloth is not the responsibility of the streamer; it is the room's responsibility. The cloth was really worn to the extent you could see the lines of ball marks in the racking area below the rack. I'm surprised that the room did not have new cloth on the streaming table in an event that must have been mostly promotion for the room. It would have been better advertising.

And so far as I know, the current owners of InsidePoolMag have no connection to the magazine that used to be published, so it is unfair to tar them with that brush.

A much fairer question for the OP to ask is: Why were two world top 20 players on a small table? :D

Edit: another small detail is that they were not playing nine ball. They were playing CPA-Nine-Ball. (I think the scoring was adequate.)

Last edited: