2019 World 14.1 Tournament

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update and the awesome stats for the match! 13 missed shot is not what you’d expect from Shane, even in a race to 200. I’m just guessing a number of those must’ve been hard shots, possibly 2-way shots? The 6/6 successful safeties is likely what won Shane the match, compared to Schmidt’s 6/10 successful safeties. I find it amazing in a race to 200, Shane only attempted 6 safeties - obviously a very aggressive playing style.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I missed the first 5 racks of the first semi but ever since the stream has been perfect for me.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey breaking..

Corey1.jpg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update and the awesome stats for the match! 13 missed shot is not what you’d expect from Shane, even in a race to 200. I’m just guessing a number of those must’ve been hard shots, possibly 2-way shots? The 6/6 successful safeties is likely what won Shane the match, compared to Schmidt’s 6/10 successful safeties. I find it amazing in a race to 200, Shane only attempted 6 safeties - obviously a very aggressive playing style.

Shane didn't really miss 13 shots. My count for that match was 7 missed shots for SVB and 3 for Schmidt, not 13 and 9. Either they are using some quite different (from the norm) definition of misses, or they are still having break-in/training problems with the software user(s).

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane didn't really miss 13 shots. My count for that match was 7 missed shots for SVB and 3 for Schmidt, not 13 and 9. Either they are using some quite different (from the norm) definition of misses, or they are still having break-in/training problems with the software user(s).
I’m confused – so whoever is keeping these stats is counting a missed shot when actually it was a safety?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I’m confused – so whoever is keeping these stats is counting a missed shot when actually it was a safety?

Chris, after watching nothing surprises me. It's just another pay day in the books from my point of view. And what the heck is a ''lucky on miss stat''???????????? Never heard that term in 14.1 play, cept from a player that complains.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, after watching nothing surprises me. It's just another pay day in the books from my point of view. And what the heck is a ''lucky on miss stat''???????????? Never heard that term in 14.1 play, cept from a player that complains.
I assume the lucky on miss stat is missing a shot, but not leaving any decent shot for your opponent. I’m not quite sure how the stat keeper could differentiate that from a two-way shot - very subjective? I assume the smooth end of run stat means ending your run with a successful safety as opposed to a missed shot.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice feeling to miss a shot and leave leave your opponent with nothing. As for a 'lucky miss' statistic - only the shooter really knows if it was an inadvertent miss or a safety. Pretty weak strategy to be shooting at balls if you're not also trying to get shape.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But it is a "stat" half the know it alls want to biatch about on this site when they bring up the absurdity (in rotations games) that they should be playing by a rule where the player coming in should be able to pass the ball back if they simply don't like how it lays. :rolleyes:

Presumably these stats and app are a work in progress. They didn't really have a lot of staff there, at least when I was there at lunch on Thursday. There was no commentator booth. The "intentional foul" stat also is not accurate. There were a few in those matches last night. But accu-stats decided how they were going to do their stats (which I always thought were pretty weak) and these guys are working on theirs.

Not sure what you mean by another pay day? At least as far as the stream went I thought it was excellent last night, pretty much as good as anyone else's. Not a buffer the whole night. I watched from about 5:45 - 12:15. It could have been better priced at say $10 but it was a lengthy near 8 hour stream. They got to make something. (I'm separating the politics of sleaze Dragon from the XPool streamers).

Commentators were pretty good too with Karabatsos (looked like he had aged 30 years since I last saw him), Bobby Hunter, and Eberle. They were wide out in the open near the table so I'm sure it wasn't too fun speaking. They could kill the self cam though, don't need to see Eberle sneak a pick in so often.

Can't watch today as got too much yard work. Not going to drive over because the seating sucked. A race to 300 could take these two guys 6 hours unless Shane catches a much bigger gear than last night.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
But it is a "stat" half the know it alls want to biatch about on this site when they bring up the absurdity (in rotations games) that they should be playing by a rule where the player coming in should be able to pass the ball back if they simply don't like how it lays. :rolleyes:

Presumably these stats and app are a work in progress. They didn't really have a lot of staff there, at least when I was there at lunch on Thursday. There was no commentator booth. The "intentional foul" stat also is not accurate. There were a few in those matches last night. But accu-stats decided how they were going to do their stats (which I always thought were pretty weak) and these guys are working on theirs.

Not sure what you mean by another pay day? At least as far as the stream went I thought it was excellent last night, pretty much as good as anyone else's. Not a buffer the whole night. I watched from about 5:45 - 12:15. It could have been better priced at say $10 but it was a lengthy near 8 hour stream. They got to make something. (I'm separating the politics of sleaze Dragon from the XPool streamers).

Commentators were pretty good too with Karabatsos (looked like he had aged 30 years since I last saw him), Bobby Hunter, and Eberle. They were wide out in the open near the table so I'm sure it wasn't too fun speaking. They could kill the self cam though, don't need to see Eberle sneak a pick in so often.

Can't watch today as got too much yard work. Not going to drive over because the seating sucked. A race to 300 could take these two guys 6 hours unless Shane catches a much bigger gear than last night.

It's just Me, having watched, Balsis, Crane, Coslosky, Amadeo, Lassiter, Rempe, Cook, Liscotti, Marino and on an on....is why it's difficult. And the rules, not being understood in the Thorpe/SVB match was sad.

To me it's like Cohan watching a one hole match, being played by Ronnie O'sullivan for the first time. Another pay day, is just my feeling.

If the entry fee was allot less and the field much larger, I think the competition would of been waaaaaaaay different.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just Me, having watched, Balsis, Crane, Coslosky, Amadeo, Lassiter, Rempe, Cook, Liscotti, Marino and on an on....is why it's difficult. And the rules, not being understood in the Thorpe/SVB match was sad.

To me it's like Cohan watching a one hole match, being played by Ronnie O'sullivan for the first time. Another pay day, is just my feeling.

If the entry fee was allot less and the field much larger, I think the competition would of been waaaaaaaay different.

Thorpe wasn't in this event

Was the entry that much?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I don't know what they were counting, but the misses count was way high in that match. They are using Pascal Dufresne's Fourteen-One Engine software, which was also used in the American 14.1 event recently. It's good. But they had trouble with mistakes in the earlier event because of who was doing the input (not Pascal), plus the software had to be adjusted frequently to agree with the scores kept by the players. I don't know who is doing the input in this event.

Last edited: