Discount Aramith

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a new Red Circle CB from an Amazon discount seller, and it came without Aramith packaging. It looks exactly the same as my old one, but not sure it plays the same. When I emailed the seller, I got a suspicious boilerplate response. Is this an item that is commonly counterfeited?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, sir. If advertised as “new”, that’s why the price is discounted like that. Caveat emptor I’m afraid.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a new Red Circle CB from an Amazon discount seller, and it came without Aramith packaging. It looks exactly the same as my old one, but not sure it plays the same. When I emailed the seller, I got a suspicious boilerplate response. Is this an item that is commonly counterfeited?
I know there's knock-off measel cb's but i haven't of fake rc's. I guess they could be out there. Ball should have had Aramith package if it was real/new.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Amazon & EBay are know as a place to sell Fake, Copies, or Counterfit goods. Both have return policies, and if I was you I would start with a CREDIT CARD DISPUTE. As that is you best, and fasted curse of action,

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Evidently. Aramith is very careful to brand and uniquely package its products.

The slimiest case I know of is a retailer that had an Aramith box (maybe from delivering an equipment package to a home) and loaded the box with knock-off balls and sold them to the room where I played. Aramith has used shrinkwrap with Aramith logos to prevent that sort of thing.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Returning it to Amazon. They are mailing me a return label since now I can’t get my HP printer to work (bought from Amazon also). Another headache to deal with!
Bought another RC cueball from Seybert’s, which should come in the Aramith packaging.

sddale2001

Registered
I've bought Aramith cue balls from Pooldawg and they did not come in packaging. They weighed the same and play the same.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only Aramith cue ball that comes new in it’s unique individual package is the pro cup cue ball. All the other balls will just come separate of a package. Anyways, I don’t think there would be enough potential profitability to sell knock offs of any other cue ball other than the pro cup ball, as that is the only one that is priced high enough to make it worthwhile that someone would even consider selling knock offs of.

Last edited:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess we’ll see re: packaging when the one from Seybert’s arrives. If the RC from Amazon looks exactly the same, weighs the same, has the same diameter, and appears to play the same, it suppose I could keep it, since it never hurts to have a spare/polished CB handy.
I’m just wondering how good those (Chinese?) ‘knock-offs’ (mentioned in the previous post) were? If a counterfeit is totally undetectable, does it really matter if it’s not authentic?

BTW: If the Belgian RC is truly a unique composition, shouldn’t that result in a detectable difference in play (from other Aramith CBs), or would wear be the only factor?

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess we’ll see re: packaging when the one from Seybert’s arrives. If the RC from Amazon looks exactly the same, weighs the same, has the same diameter, and appears to play the same, it suppose I could keep it, since it never hurts to have a spare/polished CB handy.
I’m just wondering how good those (Chinese?) ‘knock-offs’ (mentioned in the previous post) were? If a counterfeit is totally undetectable, does it really matter if it’s not authentic?

BTW: If the Belgian RC is truly a unique composition, shouldn’t that result in a detectable difference in play (from other Aramith CBs), or would wear be the only factor?
Yes, if it’s an authentic Aramith red circle, it will have a pronounced yellowish color to it, and chalk marks and even miscue marks will be fairly easy to remove from the surface. If it’s authentic, when new, it will weigh 167-169 grams and will measure between 2.24 and 2.26 inches in diameter. Also, one of the most telling characteristics of a cheap knock off is that it is not round. Roll the ball a number of times very slowly from one end of the table to the other and see if it rolls dead straight every time, assuming your table is level of course. If you notice inconsistencies in the direction it rolls over numerous attempts, the higher chance it’s a knock off.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried emailing Aramith thru their web site and I never get an answer back about any questions. Does anyone have a good email to ask questions about different balls?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried emailing Aramith thru their web site and I never get an answer back about any questions. Does anyone have a good email to ask questions about different balls?
There has been far more valuable info regarding the difference among the various Aramith cue balls shared on this forum than you’ll ever be likely to get from contacting Aramith. It may take a little time for you to find the particular threads / posts, but I remember reading them not too long ago.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, the red circle I saw on Amazon was roughly $20, virtually the exact same price as the red circle sells for at Seyberts, with the only exception being the free shipping if you are an Amazon prime member. I’d be pretty sure that’s an authentic Aramith red circle. If you found an Amazon seller selling a new one for $10 or less, then I would have some doubts. Generally you’re far less likely to get a knock off buying on Amazon then you would be if buying on eBay.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has been far more valuable info regarding the difference among the various Aramith cue balls shared on this forum than you’ll ever be likely to get from contacting Aramith. It may take a little time for you to find the particular threads / posts, but I remember reading them not too long ago.

Well then maybe you know the answer.

I’m looking at a new set of Durimith ballsThey have two versions, normal colors and TV. I’m leaning towards the TV set because I want the measle cue ball. All the info I can find on the measle ball says it’s pro cup phenolic when buying it separately. So my question, is the tournament TV measle ball Durimith resin or pro cup resin? Supposedly Durimith stays cleaner longer with longer life. I guess it’s stronger and less likely to chip.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m looking at a new set of Durimith ballsThey have two versions, normal colors and TV. I’m leaning towards the TV set because I want the measle cue ball. All the info I can find on the measle ball says it’s pro cup phenolic when buying it separately. So my question, is the tournament TV measle ball Durimith resin or pro cup resin? Supposedly Durimith stays cleaner longer with longer life. I guess it’s stronger and less likely to chip.
I’ve ordered new pro cup cue balls from Seyberts within the past year and even the newer ones still hold chalk marks far worse than the red circle or the black logo cue ball that comes with the Duramith tournament ball set. If your mind is made up on using the pro cup measle cue ball, you’ll just have to accept that it won’t stay as clean looking as the black logo cue ball that comes with this set.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another characteristic to look for to see if it is a genuine Aramith red circle ball: the red circle should have a slight 3D look - the red circle appears to be sunk a millimeter or two into the ball. Counterfeits will likely show the red circle imprinted more on the surface.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

I bought and offed the Duramith set. Balls were too heavy. I bought a new (for the second time) set of Aramith Super Pro and they play just right on my Diamond table. I also had a set of Brunswick Centennial balls that were also too heavy. I have a good scale so I'm not guessing.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cb

the aramith red circle cue balls do not come new in packing, only the measles ball comes new in packaging. a new aramith red circle CB will have a yellow look to it, the more you play with it and it will whiten.

Rob.M

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought 5 red circles over the past 8 years, all from ebay. all were authentic and none of them came in packaging. here are the weights of them in grams: 166.09, 166.99, 167.47, 167.5, 168.56.

Last edited: