Speed Control

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speed Control hasnt been mentioned here in the Instructor Forum for awhile so I thought I would bump this thread. I believe its something I need to work on again.

And yes, I know this thread is over 7 years old!

r/DCP

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And then there's the opposing view, which is shared by literally 100's of PBIA/SPF instructors...and that is training the student to develop (through feel and timing) speed control right out of the gate...first lesson! Seems to have worked really well for tens of thousands of students out there! :D So, even though DCP revived another years old thread, the truth remains the same...but Mike you still refuse to believe it! No real surprise here why you continue to struggle.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I think it's one of the last pieces of the puzzle in developing a strong pool game. Some people think you can start to develop it early on. I don't. I think it's one of the last things to develop in a player's game because it's pure 'feel.'

Drills can help, but you need to put yourself in real playing situations, where you have to move the cb around other balls. It's when you have to be creative where a good sense of speed control really comes in handy.

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Speed Control hasnt been mentioned here in the Instructor Forum for awhile so I thought I would bump this thread. I believe its something I need to work on again.

And yes, I know this thread is over 7 years old!

r/DCP

We didn't have time to work it last time, but your bridge and tip gap are both a tad long IMHO.