ball jumping off rail

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
so these new penguin rails i have, one of the short rail cushions the cueball now is jumping when it hits in the area of the rail where there is not a bolt, on shots where the cueball is moving with some speed

its bolted down tight, no other rail does this, played fine for 2 months now this, i dont understand.

any ideas?

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Measure the nose height? If it is not right, unbolt the rail and raise it to the right height and bolt it back in. Good Luck.

TFT

so these new penguin rails i have, one of the short rail cushions the cueball now is jumping when it hits in the area of the rail where there is not a bolt, on shots where the cueball is moving with some speed

its bolted down tight, no other rail does this, played fine for 2 months now this, i dont understand.

any ideas?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
height was pretty close

i went to take it off, 2 of the bolts were stripped somehow, which could be causing it to jump from not being bolted down tight im thinking
i bought all new stainless bolts for the new rails from a fastener company close to my job, 10 bucks for all 18. no clue how they stripped themselves , i remember hitting that rail a bit hard several times on banks and some kicks, i think ill stop doing that

ill retap the messed up holed and buy a handful of extra bolts tmrw and see if that fixes me up

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
thanks for that i had no idea

thankfully i didnt need to go that far, and chasing the threads with a tap did the job because i just bolted it back and no more bouncing cue ball