Wiktor Zeilinski

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm sure I'm late to the party. Surfing the web for matches, I came across this. I was impressed with this young gun from Poland...one of these years, I think he'll make the Europe Mosconi Cup team. He's already a force to be reckoned with.

Here he is vs, Albin...Strickland commentator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spVUvZHhiMo

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you know, Filler, Kaci, Gorst, Aranas, Asian horde with unspellable names... anything can happen.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Good luck to Wiktor.

As I've noted on the forum before, the rise of world class level pool in Poland has been so impressive. Poland is really producing some good players these days, with the current crop including Konrad Juszczyszyn, Karol Skowerski, Tomasz Kaplan, Mieszko Fortunski, Mateus Sniegocki (and, of course, Wiktor).

The emergence of truly great pool in Poland has, somehow, remained under the radar in our sport but it's a big story in the eyes of this fan.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Good luck to Wiktor.

As I've noted on the forum before, the rise of world class level pool in Poland has been so impressive. Poland is really producing some good players these days, with the current crop including Konrad Juszczyszyn, Karol Skowerski, Tomasz Kaplan, Mieszko Fortunski, Mateus Sniegocki (and, of course, Wiktor).

The emergence of truly great pool in Poland has, somehow, remained under the radar in our sport but it's a big story in the eyes of this fan.

Not to mention the problems these names create for commentators...;)

Reactions: sjm

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to mention the problems these names create for commentators...;)

Actually, Polish is extremely phonetic - once you learn the sounds. I learned to pronounce Polish when I sang in the choir at the Polish church I grew up in in Brooklyn. Didn't know what the words meant but I could pronounce them like a champ. 50 years later on a trip to Poland our tour guide was shocked that I didn't speak Polish but could pronounce everything correctly.

terpdad

Registered
As a Polish man, I must have heard "oh, just like it sounds" 250 times. I've enjoyed his matches on The Billiard Network.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck to Wiktor.

Maybe someday we- FargoRate--will make the radar trainee team ;-(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.04.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.04.41 AM.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.01.31 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.01.31 AM.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 122

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also keep an eye on the top player in Poland by Fargo Rating right now, Wojciech Szewczyk. He turned 26 earlier this month.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.33.10 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.33.10 AM.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 118