Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Using Custom Cue as Breaker?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Using Custom Cue as Breaker?
Old
  (#1)
jimmy91988
AzB Silver Member
jimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Using Custom Cue as Breaker? - 09-16-2020, 04:43 AM

I was having a conversation with a friend and wanted to know if there's anyone here who would put a break tip on an expensive custom player and use it as a main breaker. I remember seeing a "What's in the case" video where the person was using a Sugartree as a breaker. That's the only example I've ever come across.

Old
  (#2)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2020, 05:26 AM

I use my custom to break 9 ball.
Accuracy on the 9ball break is more important to me
than smashing the rack.
I don't break harder than a force follow shot trying to make the wing ball and
leaving the one ball at the side pocket while squatting the rock.
That's what I hope for at least.
I do use a break cue in 10 and 8 ball though.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#3)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

09-16-2020, 05:45 AM

I currently use a sneaky pete from my cuemaker for my break cue and he is in the middle (well hopefully the final stages) of making me a new break cue which is a toned down looking version of my playing cue.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#4)
jimmy91988
AzB Silver Member
jimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy91988 has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
I currently use a sneaky pete from my cuemaker for my break cue and he is in the middle (well hopefully the final stages) of making me a new break cue which is a toned down looking version of my playing cue.
What tip do you have on it?

Old
  (#5)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-16-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy91988 View Post
I was having a conversation with a friend and wanted to know if there's anyone here who would put a break tip on an expensive custom player and use it as a main breaker. I remember seeing a "What's in the case" video where the person was using a Sugartree as a breaker. That's the only example I've ever come across.
I would not, no reason to really, it's just a handle for the shaft. I'd get a cheap butt with the balance I like with the same joint type as the break shaft. People do use matching sets of a player and breaker that can get fairly high end but I don't see someone taking a high end cue and using it as a breaking cue specifically. If I happened to have one in my case I may use it but I would not actively have it turned into a break cue.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 09-16-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: